Poll: Best patch after Wrath?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Interesting to me that the ZG/ZA revamp patch is one of the least popular. T11 was the best in Cataclysm by a mile and the two revamped dungeons added interesting, challenging new 5-man content to a great spread of stuff already there.
    The ZG revamp was really good imo. ZA was a complete rehash of the old raid. Nothing worth mention. 4.1 doesn't stand out amongst other good patches however, that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Interesting to me that the ZG/ZA revamp patch is one of the least popular. T11 was the best in Cataclysm by a mile and the two revamped dungeons added interesting, challenging new 5-man content to a great spread of stuff already there.
    I hated the ZG/ZA revamp patch because it made me lose out on the Swift Zulian Tiger when they could as easily have made entirely new troll instances...

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    Everything in MoP was great haters be damned. I stand by had that expansion be literally any other theme people would have ate that shit up. Cataclysm was fine too. Firelands was an amazing patch.

I also love all the revisionist history about wrath. People HATED wrath when it first came out. It wasn't until Ulduar in 3.1 that people actually started to give a damn. 3.0 was a complete joke and the only raid worth a damn was Sartharion 3 drakes up. The questing was good because nostalgia but once you hit level cap you did the same thing you did in MoP. Dailies. Just far less of them.
    People hated WotLK when it first came out because, basically, it was like the only raid version currently available was of the same difficulty as normal mode is now (in WoD) and was almost entirely a raid that was previously featured in vanilla. That is to say, it was jokeworthy. That said, everything outside of that major source of endgame content was excellent, and despite being easy and being a remake, Naxxramus was still an excellent raid. The complaints were, however, valid.

Ulduar came in 3.1, brought hard modes and outstanding content, and the world was made right. Then ICC came along and made this amazing expansion legendary.

People hated MoP for a variety of reasons, but the main one was gated daily reputations and valor rewards locked behind reputations, they dailied the shit out of you. Dailies were (and still are) fun when they are 1. Enjoyable and fun to play, and 2. Completely optional while still providing worthwhile rewards.

By the end of MoP, MoP had gotten the daily formula right, and designed new systems (Timeless Island, Flex raiding, cross-faction raid boss tagging, mildly challenging and mildly rewarding LFR, etc) that served the game extremely well. Sadly, Blizzard chose to throw some of that away, and unhealthily obsess on some of the others, as well as some confused rose-tinted look into WoW's past. And thus, WoD became a thing. A nightmarish, terrible thing. But hey, at least the dungeons are good.

Firelands/Thunder Isle tie
    Firelands wins I think

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Because if none is your answer, you don't really need to be on these forums do you?
    You mean thread?

IMO patches have been pretty much shit last few years.