Deleted

Am i stupid that i expected this?

So there was the news today on twitter by blizzard that you will only unlock those items in your transmog tab that your character can equip. But why? When i first heard about the new transmog system i thought every item that gets into your bag will be unlocked in the transmog tab and thats it. That way the shoulder i have been farming for 4 months now on my wlock that dropped on my rogue would unlock. But with these news they wont. Why limit the new system in such a way. I can understand if you have to equip BOE items to be available but why every piece of gear? That seems so stupid. It would have been so perfect as i imagined. If my priest lookalike doesnt drop this week on my warlock i can run it on my rogue and still have a chance to fully unlock it. But with these news that wont be possible. I hope everyone understand what i am saying. Am i too naive? Would that be so bad?

There is a thread in the Legion Forums discussing this topic.

Personally though I expected it to be this way.

Yes it be nice if any toon could unlock transmog for others.
    But, wow has never worked that way.
    Hopefully one day it will but they seem to think us players like the long grind.
    Look how the legendary weapon is looking to work next expansion.
    If they don't fix it, it will be long grinds on alts and secondary specs.
    Think of healers they level dps or tank then heal at max level.
    What are dungeons going to be like with healers with level 100 legendary items at first?
    A nightmare.
    I hope they realize this but they seem to never to be able too.

Blizzard usually avoids things that overly incentivize alts.

And being able to run a raid 20 times in one week to get a transmog item is pretty much that.

It's still much better than it was, it just isn't completely open so you get every item from an old raid the first week you run it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

It is the current system with improvements.
    If the item is BoP then you take the specific character.
    Come legion if the item isn't class specific then you have a choice of multiple characters of the same armor or weapon proficiency.
    And you have no need to gather it on multiple characters to use it on multiple characters.

They aren't "limiting" the new system.
    That is just a fabrication people are generating to suit their argument.
    It is how it works now, only better.
    It maintains class relevance instead of making warriors the outright superior choice for everything but wands.

A character can only unlock items of the appropriate proficiency.
    A plate wearer can only unlock plate armor in the wardrobe.
    Just like you could not transmog a level 100 plate item without a level 100 plate wearer.
    So why should that meaning of having a relevant character be removed ?
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-12-12 at 02:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Although I understand the OP's point of view, and it kind of makes sense, I have to agree with the comment below:
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post

And being able to run a raid 20 times in one week to get a transmog item is pretty much that.

It's still much better than it was, it just isn't completely open so you get every item from an old raid the first week you run it.
    Blizzard ruins every part of the game they make too easy.
    Account Mounts + Alts already forces Blizzard to make old content mount drops have abysmal chances.
    There's a reason an item has X% chance to drop on ONE character, and it's definitely not so you can farm it on 10.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

I kind of like that you still have to farm to get a specific transmog, so that the only improvement will be that you will not have to use void storage.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaqenhqhar View Post
    That way the shoulder i have been farming for 4 months now on my wlock that dropped on my rogue would unlock. But with these news they wont. Why limit the new system in such a way.
    You answered you own question to a degree. It is to keep people from rolling on gear just to unlock it. As things stand right now you would merely greed on a side upgrade but if they let plate wearers roll on everything you would have to need on it to ever have a real chance at getting it.

Nah dude I'm not a vanilla hunter, I just want to unlock a slot for my mage lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post

Exactly this. If you look at the attitude blizz has on grinding stuff, you'll see that they are quite anti-nolifing. They removed realm firsts individual achievements and also didn't implements any grindy achievement in WoD, in comparison to MoP if you will with their Bigger Bag of Poopsocking achiev and so many "unhealthy" achieves that appeared during past expansions.