Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Even a broken watch is right twice a day. Trump can be both a complete moron, and be correct about the facts of what is currently occurring.

I don't know how we got to a point where our politics are so polarized, that we deny the existence of the sun.

- - - Updated - - -

Source please. Obvious BS is obvious BS.
    The problem is he is wrong about the facts AND a complete moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    He still hasn't explained how he would handle immigration other than "deport em all" and "get mexico to pay for the wall". As if he would have any power to make that happen
    He had me at "deport".

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    The problem is he is wrong about the facts AND a complete moron.
    You really don't think immigration is a problem atm?

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    He has explained it. If mexico is unwilling to chip in for the wall, tariffs, fees, etc would be applied to any mexican hoping to legally come here to the states. Additionally, employers/landlords caught hiring or renting to illegals will pay a hefty fine and possibly look at jail time.

The section of wall that has been put up has done a very good job at keeping illegals out, they now have to surpass a mountain and 50 miles of desert.

The united states has done mass deportations in the millions in the past. No more catch and release. It's catch and detain. Tripling the amount of ICE agents will aid in the facilitation of these deportations.

Pretty much if you don't get out before this comes into place, your gonna have a hell of a time hiding.
    ¸

Compared to that, I'm going to sacrifice a goat to Satan is a more credible plan

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not in the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    No, not in the least.
    Wow. Do you know of any other Americans who agree?

No. Its mostly Xenophobia. An easy political ruse that gets all the mainly white working people to get mad that people of a different color are coming for their jobs. When most likely their jobs have been a) shipped oversees or b) replaced by technology. Again, most immigrants work jobs that 90% of the U.S. workforce would not touch. Especially for wages.

The problem all along has been businesses that Employed illegals for cheap labor. Again easy to blame the people who have no political clout then attack the real problem. If you want a solution there should be a work type visa.

15+ Year Old Account
    People thought the exact same things when Jews were seeking refuge in the US.

2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    No. Its mostly Xenophobia. An easy political ruse that gets all the mainly white working people to get mad that people of a different color are coming for their jobs. When most likely their jobs have been a) shipped oversees or b) replaced by technology. Again, most immigrants work jobs that 90% of the U.S. workforce would not touch. Especially for wages.

The problem all along has been businesses that Employed illegals for cheap labor. Again easy to blame the people who have no political clout then attack the real problem. If you want a solution there should be a work type visa.
    So, vaccines are not a problem? Having people living off the books is not a problem? Huge unemployment is not a problem? If you are talking about migrant farm hands, sure Americans won't do that. But don't tell me Americans won't take jobs as carpenters, plumbers, or other skilled trades because that is just nonsense.

You can be both pro-immigration and anti-illegal immigration you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source please. Obvious BS is obvious BS.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...up-citizenship

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

So, people who already left a long time ago and are basically no longer American, are making it official. Big news.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    In which case illegal immigration would be zero.

I will remind you that the US had an open border with Mexico for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

So your plan is to waste billions of dollars combating what is essentially a non-issue and create a labor shortage in the US agricultural sector.
    1. Their is a labor shortage because their is a wage shortage. If you can't afford to pay a decent wage, don't bitch about not being able to get the help especially when your getting pretty hefty taxpayer subsidies. Farms near me are always looking for help when they offer 9$ an hour, rare to see openings at farms paying 15-20$ an hour for the same work.
    2.) Spending an additional roughly 30 billion. 12 on ICE enforcement, 18 billion (most expensive estimate) to immediately halt 108 billion spent annually is a good thing.
    3.) Exploiting people for cheap labor is wrong and your a disgusting excuse of a human being if you think that it is

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    People thought the exact same things when Jews were seeking refuge in the US.

"Our X will stand the test of time because it's lasted thus far without completely falling apart."

Tell that to Northern Rock.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton