Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Page 3 of 271 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Stupid soccer. Is it over yet?

- A angry dutch guy
    Why so angry, what happened?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Stupid soccer. Is it over yet?

- A angry dutch guy
    It's called "football".

Hence why it's UEFA/FIFA, not UESA/FISA.

Happy to help.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oi, don't start that discussion. Big no no. Ends here.

I feel the dutch should be supporting the Belgians seeing how we supported them during Euro 2012...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post

I feel the dutch should be supporting the Belgians seeing how we supported them during Euro 2012...
    That's like asking us to support England or the Irish.

Neeeeeeeeever gonna happen.

I might cheers Wales on. (Grandad was from Llandudno)

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    That's like asking us to support England or the Irish.

Neeeeeeeeever gonna happen.

I might cheers Wales on. (Grandad was from Llandudno)

Actually, I know lots of people who will "cheer" for Belgium, but not wear shirts or go nuts for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post

Sorry, my Spanish blood burns with red fury now that I have no Netherlands to support.

10+ Year Old Account
    On paper, Portugal are the favorites for group F. Still, Portugal is notorious for playing well against teams like Spain but will lose to countries like Israel and Andorra.

Long story short - Portugal will not advance beyond the group stage this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by elucidhz View Post
    On paper, Portugal are the favorites for group F. Still, Portugal is notorious for playing well against teams like Spain but will lose to countries like Israel and Andorra.

Long story short - Portugal will not advance beyond the group stage this time around.
    Vancouver, Canada, why are you not watching some hockey? Just kidding...

You are right but that's more like in friendlies or qualifying phases. In group stages we give it our all. Plus, we've been in all Euro knockout phases since 1996.

My experience from watching Portugal in tournaments is that they usually do well in the group stages and then crash out in spectacular fashion in the knockout rounds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elucidhz View Post

The group stages are irrelevant. Only eight teams are eliminated. They'd have to do catastrophically badly to go out that early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    The group stages are irrelevant. Only eight teams are eliminated. They'd have to do catastrophically badly to go out that early.
    Honestly, anything can happen and it wouldn't surprise me. Portugal's world cup performance in Brazil is a testament to that.

I'll say it once and I'll say it again, Euro 2004 and the world cup in 2006 were Portugal's best chances. Many players from the golden generation retired shortly after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Portugal's best chances thanks to some shocking refereeing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Portugal's best chances thanks to some shocking refereeing.
    Classic! Yes, blame the refs for England's piss poor performances. Plus, England is trash when it comes to the penalty shootout. You of all people should know this...

Anyways, I'm predicting a Germany vs France final with France winning because they're at home.
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2016-04-08 at 01:47 AM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    England at the 2004 Euros was anything but piss poor, that match was floodlight robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    England at the 2004 Euros was anything but piss poor, that match was floodlight robbery.
    What? That game stayed in history for both teams. One of the best games i ever saw. It was analyzed by thousands of different journalists / commentators / ex referees at the time and after. The big majority said the referees did a good job and they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    That disallowed Campbell goal is still a major point of contention.

I'm sorry that disallowed Campbell goal was the greatest ref fuck up until the disallowed Lampard goal. England deserved that win and had played pretty amazingly that tournament. It was the last time England actually excited (Owen+Rooney looked amazing) and to go out like that was beyond cruel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I'm sorry that disallowed Campbell goal was the greatest ref fuck up until the disallowed Lampard goal. England deserved that win and had played pretty amazingly that tournament. It was the last time England actually excited (Owen+Rooney looked amazing) and to go out like that was beyond cruel.
    Owen was England's biggest threat in that match for sure. Rooney didn't even play for more than 30 minutes. It's a shame Owen's career was plagued by injury. Rooney on the other hand has to be one of the most overrated players in the game today.

I think France or Germany will win it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kompany out of Euro 2016 :/ Bit of a blow for Belgium, he being our captain and key in defence. Then again lately he's been picking up more injuries than minutes played on the pitch with Man City...
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2016-05-07 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really looking forward to Spain flopping.