10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands

WoW promoting transmog?

Is Blizzard making the new tier sets ugly on purpose so players are more likely to use the transmog facility? Or at least spend less time on it than it used to do. I think they do looking at tier 19.

discuss.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that

Most of the sets in tier 19 look pretty damn good

tier 18 on the other hand was definitely promoting transmog
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2015-12-12 at 06:08 AM.

"I don't like the artwork, there must be a nefarious motivation behind why" the thread edition. I actually like some of the sets I have seen and am definitely using the DK set on my pally, and probably the pally set too. But in the end, it's down to your opinion on what you like, it's not Blizz trying to 'promote transmog'.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Wait, they're ugly? >.>
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjorsen View Post
    "I don't like the artwork, there must be a nefarious motivation behind why" the thread edition. I actually like some of the sets I have seen and am definitely using the DK set on my pally, and probably the pally set too. But in the end, it's down to your opinion on what you like, it's not Blizz trying to 'promote transmog'.
    Pretty much the post I came here to make. Blows my mind that people actually believe the kind of nonsense proposed by the original post.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you think that. Tier 19 looks about a million times better than the half-assed sets we got in HFC.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Is Blizzard making the new tier sets ugly on purpose so players are more likely to use the transmog facility? Or at least spend less time on it than it used to do. I think they do looking at tier 19.

discuss.
    The only thing worth discussing here is what a pointless, dumb topic this is. Your opinion isn't the metric for what is and is not quality art. Lots of people really like those new tier sets - do you see them creating stupid-ass "Is Blizzard making awesome new tiers to kill transmog?" topics?

Hint: the answer isn't yes.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Pretty much the post I came here to make. Blows my mind that people actually believe the kind of nonsense proposed by the original post.
    They are really grasping at straws to whine about shit. I will agree some sets drop the ball some tiers, but I liked some of the tier 18 sets too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The only thing worth discussing here is what a pointless, dumb topic this is. Your opinion isn't the metric for what is and is not quality art. Lots of people really like those new tier sets - do you see them creating stupid-ass "Is Blizzard making awesome new tiers to kill transmog?" topics?

Hint: the answer isn't yes.
    I just like how he has seen around two of the actual t19 sets and decided that they are spending less time on them. Lol.

Ya, its all an inside job. Nobody in the game even uses transmog so they have to force it on the community. Its such a useless feature, i'm glad they are forcing us to use it more to make it useful. I'm so happy i clicked on this post so i could be a conspiracy theorist for a least a couple minutes. OK now its time to be a rational human being and move on with my day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjorsen View Post
    "I don't like your opinion so I exaggerate and twist your points into abusurdities to fabricate a false dilemma" the whiteknight response edition.

Because Blizzard could not possibly have any money making in mind because they are a company and not a charity, like every whiteknight reminds us of evertime Blizzard is more blatantly doing and adding stuff for cash, acting like that invalidates peoples opinions. (Which ironically other MMos especially the 'evil' F2P games are regularly blamed for by WoW fans, to be hiding their cool looking skins behind cashshops and is a common draw argument why P2P in WoW would be so much better.) No OP can only be wrong or Blizzard is the devil incarnate.
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2015-12-12 at 06:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    "I don't like your opinion so I exaggerate and twist your points into abusurdities to fabricate a false dilemma" the whiteknight response edition.

Because Blizzard could not possibly have any money making in mind because they are a company and not a charity, like every whiteknight reminds us of evertime Blizzard is more blatantly doing and adding stuff for cash, acting like that invalidates peoples opinions. No OP can only be wrong or Blizzard is the devil incarnate.
    Art is so subjective, and like many tier sets before, T19 is getting mixed to positive reviews depending on the class.

Really, nothing new, so no nefarious means at play here it seems.

Subjective opinions on whether a given set is ugly or not.
    The wardrobe collection is going to dictate that someone uses the feature more than any given tier set.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I like how there's both a "The new sets suck" and "The new sets are awesome" thread active on the forum at the same time. I quite like some of the new sets. Need the Hunter set with the red eyes for my hunter..

10+ Year Old Account
    There are other threads to discuss the look of tier sets and transmog in.

This didn't get off to a good start and hasn't improved so it will be closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."