2700 achievement , but no Gladiator?

http://i.imgur.com/NVheJFc.jpg

Can somebody explain this to me? I saw this guy on my server when randomly inspecting people.

2700 achievement done in 12/22/2010 = But no Gladiator achievement.

It's back when you could disband you arena team or get kicked from one. Poor guy...

He probably lost the rating before the season ended again, thus not being eligible for the Gladiator title cutoff.

That 2.7k dates back to cataclysm, back then glad cutoff was insanely high, around 2750-2.8 if i remember with R1 being above 3k as hyper-inflation occurred.

As such it could very well be that he almost made it to glad cutoff but either failed to do so or as stated above, lost rating or team disbanded etc.

My mate back in Wrath, pushed to glad rating in a 5s team, but the team leader was some type of an ass, that 1 week before season was over, he kicked every1 from the team, other than himself. Hence he was only one who got glad, and rest of ppl who pushed the rating didn't.

Deleted
    or it's because he was banned for cheating. as the combat routines are just raping whats left of the game now

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Who deleted my comment and why?

Anyway, there's one thing I remembered. This was at the very start of cata when leaving arena would bug the rating and you could easily get stupidly high if you abused it. They reset it early into s9, hence you'd get no titles, but still keep the 2700 achievement.
    Wasn't it the time when Rets' seal was borken and you could global ppl or something like that, hence bunch of ret comps got 2.7k CR within first week.

10+ Year Old Account
    One was also able to obtain the arena ratings in the twink brackets.

You can get that achievement and then drop out of glad range before season ends.

Glad cutoff end of Wrath on most US battlegroups was around ~2650 I believe. So the 2700 achievement was just past the border.

I answered this exact question in general chat the other day OP. Here's your answer

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    OP, there was a short window of time during the first season of Cata, where rating was bugged.

Every game you won, you gained rating, but losses didn't drop you back down.

Any team, regardless of skill, could just play enough games and eventually reach 2700 rating in that window.

I saw multiple people do it personally. (I chose not to, in case there were repercussions)

It lasted less than a week, and was hot-fixed, but those who farmed wins for those absurd ratings got to keep their achievements.

I've got a close friend who kicks himself til this day about not taking advantage of it, and the date matches up with that exact period in time.

I guarantee he was one who took advantage of the bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever the case, sometimes the cutoffs are insanely high due to inflation and big player pools. Season 15 for instance is a good example of this, and also a good example of why rating numbers mean different things in different seasons.

Source: http://www.arenamate.net/arena-rbg-t...fs/archive/s15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Not that I remember. Everything was about unholy dks being retarded, feral bleeds being silly, mages icelancing like pros and rogues double smokebombing for 2 x 10 secs.

Afaik you had to leave the arena (if you died and would've lost). It's been a while though.
    Didn't matter how you lost, whether by your whole team dying, or leaving before it was over.

Only wins gave points, while losses regardless of how, did nothing to your rating.