Question Legion Bear Form, While in Feral DPS Spec.

Do we get both Bear and Cat forms simultaneously?
    e.g. Do we get the new bear form too ,while specced as a feral cat?

Do you think Balance druids will get the new cat and bear forms? If no, then no.

What a stupid question. The forms are tied to their respective artifacts, of course you won't get them when not using the appropriate spec's artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Totemslap View Post
    What a stupid question. The forms are tied to their respective artifacts, of course you won't get them when not using the appropriate spec's artifact.
    what a retard .. if you think the question is stupid then don't answer it.

The question isn't stupid.

Effectively the OP is asking whether the cat/bear artifacts provide both cosmetic effects. Since many cosmetics affect both bear and cat form simultaneously (for instance, Shapemender glyph) it's a valid question. It's also something many players would likely find cool. Minus the (understandable) Balance Druid salt, but the thing is, Balance Druids don't get any "unique" artifact form whatsoever.

That said, I don't think it will, to further differentiate the specs (for "flavor"). So I'd imagine you only look like a cool Bear as Guardian, and a cool Cat as Feral, while you just get a regular looking non-spec form.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanIvanovW View Post
    Do we get both Bear and Cat forms simultaneously?
    e.g. Do we get the new bear form too ,while specced as a feral cat?
    Your question is vague and doesn't make sense in MY head.
    But from what your question is and my understanding. Spec isn't what determines the new artifact animation, it all depends on the artifact, if you want to look like a rock bear. You use Ursoc's claws. If you want a spectral kitty, you use ashamane.

Support: I was watching Nobble play legion alpha and he was specced as frost and when trying to use the blood artifact it said in red letters (Need blood) or something of that manner.
    So you can't be both while in guardian. If that's the question you were asking

Deleted
    All the basic forms are getting a texture update. This means bears, cats, moonkins. However the new special themed forms seem to be linked to particular artifacts. I don't think we'll see, for example, guardian tanks have an artifact specific feral form. It is alpha though, so we don't know yet.

Only Balance is available right now, and AFAIK Blizzard hasn't said anything about it, so, basically, no clue right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Totemslap View Post
    Actually not so stupid
    Examine the forms much closer
    They look to match affinity not spec

Ie tree cat and rock bear is resto affinity
    Feather cat and crystal bear bal affinity
    Spiky bear is feral with guard affinity and so on the glow bear cat are the only artefact skins the rest are affinities , or im wrong lol :-)

The models are tied to the artifact, but the looks may well be based on that.

That doesn't answer whether you actually have to have the artifact equipped for them to show, though.

My guess is once artefact is equipped all affinities concerning feral or bear will now display a likeness to the main spec

What are you guys talking about? This is an artifact weapon, it's not intertwined with a talent. Affinities are talents. Why would this de- if what you speak is true, then at level 45 a feral druid with a tree affinity can have the new artifact effects.
    That's like saying the warlocks scythe changes it you have a talent that makes it summon demons.
    And as I said, the streamers have played the game. You need to be in a certain spec to have the artifact equipped

Now if you mean will a feral spec have bear form? Yes, that's default. Only balance is not default, so if you're feral, and choose balance, you get boomkin. That's how it always was, bear, and cat is standard, boomkin needs you to be specced in or affinity.

Level 45 cant get affinity skin as much as a level 45 cant get artifact skin

I.E you must be max level and equip artifact , then the new skins show

The new skin are only on feral bear because no way to see weapon

Pay close attention to face and ears of barb wire cat and spiky bear

Bear main = astral glow , barb wire cat feral affinity
    Cat main = astral glow , spiky bear affinity

Boomy = feather kitty and crystal bear
    Resto = tree cat and rock bear
    Last edited by Wyndshift; 2015-12-17 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndshift View Post
    Level 45 cant get affinity skin as much as a level 45 cant get artifact skin

I.E you must be max level and equip artifact , then the new skins show

The new skin are only on feral bear because no way to see weapon

Pay close attention to face and ears of barb wire cat and spiky bear

Bear main = astral glow , barb wire cat feral affinity
    Cat main = astral glow , spiky bear affinity

Boomy = feather kitty and crystal bear
    Resto = tree cat and rock bear
    Wtf is affinity skin?

@ OP:
    All specs get Bear and Cat forms and therefore the HD models shown on the front page.

Affinity talents provide abilities/spells that can be used in those forms. e.g A Restoration druid with NO affinities will have both Bear and Cat forms but no spells for them. Choosing an affinity talent will give abilities to use in that form.

Affinity talents do NOT have an effect on appearance.

Artifact skins have an effect on appearance of the forms. Most likely you will need to have them equipped and I would assume also be in the specialization appropriate for that artifact.

My guess is that since artifact skin unlocks will be tied to achievements and progress that are character-wide, the skin will unlock for all your artifacts. So, in theory, if you want to show off a Cat model, switch to the now freely available quad-specs easily, equip the artifact and afk in Dalaran.

Affinity skin = my avatar

Believe :-)

7+ Year Old Account
    The base forms are updated. The Artifact weapon should only affect the form tied to the specialization (Fangs of Ashamane for Cat and Claws of Ursoc for Bar). That is just my guess, since the specializations are not open in alpha yet.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Affinity skin = my avatar

Believe :-)
    Problem is that's the only model we don't know what it's for. All others are either new base forms or tied to the artifacts already, so your claim makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Problem is that's the only model we don't know what it's for. All others are either new base forms or tied to the artifacts already, so your claim makes no sense.
    As per previous

Take a close LOOK at ears and face of spiky bear and barbed wire cat

Now compare to other NEW models

As per previous

Take a close LOOK at ears and face of spiky bear and barbed wire cat

Now compare to other NEW models
    You do realise that these models have filenames which identify them as artifact models? We know what they're for. The Owlcat model is the only one we have no idea what it is for.

The owl looks to be a mob. It got associated with druids because it's an owl. I strongly believe it to be a mob, but if it were to be a druid, which is 50/50, it'd be feral =/= balance affinity, most likely Balance's cat form. But that's highly unlikely.