Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Minion of Grumpus Mount (Winter Veil Mount)

With Winter's Veil dropping on Wednesday, the Minion of Grumpus mount will come with it. It appears to be from garrison dailys 4 of them giving you 5 merry supplies which you can buy a savage gift with and it has a 1-5% chance to have the mount.

It also seems to not be a BoP, meaning it will probably be seen in trade of the Auction House.

I like this, I'm tired of the 0.5% holiday drop rate mounts.

Since it IS sellable on the AH, my tip is to wait until the last few days to buy it people! It will be cheaper then, dont buy it during the first initial rush it will be too much gold!

EDIT: Thank you my EU friends, it seems this mount is a 1-5%ish drop rate from the savage gifts, you get from doing all 4 dallies. And it also appears there is currently a bug where you can return the gift and keep checking inside if its in their. Will probably be hotfixed asap lol.

EDIT 2: The bug/exploit is now hotfixed in the EU. Some 3 hour bans have gone out for people who abused it to acquire multiple mounts.
    Last edited by Richardbro; 2015-12-16 at 04:18 PM.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

BoP or not, I'm looking forward to trying on multiple characters and not getting it at all. At least this time I can buy it and pretend I was lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Ariyana View Post
    BoP or not, I'm looking forward to trying on multiple characters and not getting it at all. At least this time I can buy it and pretend I was lucky
    You know the TRUE spirit of event mounts!! We who are about to spend countless hours on countless toons for a less than 1% drop SALUTE YOU!!!!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I guess I'll be parking my toons in frostfire for the next two weeks.

Weird. I thought it was from old mate in Hillbrad or whatever.
    Yay not BoP. I hope it becomes like the Coalfist Gronnling and is worth pittance so I can buy it near the end of the event :3
    It's kind of ugly compared to the CM one so I'm not too fussed about getting it first day xD
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bet it has a low drop chance from the Savage Gift that Izzy sells in your garrison.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    With Winter's Veil dropping on Wednesday, the Minion of Grumpus mount will come with it. It appears to be from a garrison daily quest Grumpus, which is a mini boss in frostfire ridge.

It is speculated to be a low drop chance from killing the mini boss.

It also seems to not be a BoP, meaning it will probably be seen in trade of the Auction House.

I like this, I'm tired of the 0.5% holiday drop rate mounts.
    Did blizzard confirm this info? I cant seem to find it anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by amakusa007 View Post
    Did blizzard confirm this info? I cant seem to find it anywhere
    Here Check that out.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Well, I guess I'll be parking my toons in frostfire for the next two weeks.
    jokes on you, every horde was already parked there for the last year or so
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Here Check that out.
    thanks, time to do some dailies on the holidays....

Right on. Now I'll be able to find out if this is a mount I'll get 3 of on each character this season or one I may as well buy from AH because I won't see it drop before 2025 when I finally get that last binding of the wind seeker.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    pic ?

http://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts...nofgrumpus.php
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

ew. ugly af ;w;

Can't wait to not get the mount and miss out on multiple attempts due to holiday travels.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    [IMG]-snip-[/IMG]
    That's really, really ugly! It seems to use the gronnling-animation, too.
    Well, going to farm it anyway for completion but probably never gonna use it. Like every single WoD-mount so far.

Its the same skin as the chally mode mount so if you dont get a chance to get that this xpac then this is your best chance

The mount isn't bind on pickup, so my guess is it will be both very rare and very expensive in the auction house.

Admittedly that's better than just very rare, like the love rocket.

worstest fucking mount looking ever... FUCKING HORRIBLE. What the fuck?! I want an actual reindeer mount.. U know all reddy nose and cocaine into it and go wild?

Deleted
    I like it, wanted one of these for my panda since seeing them in Kun-Li.
    got 3 toons I'll be doing the dailies on, hopefully it'll drop but if not I'll probs buy it if it's reasonable.\

Actually a bit surprised at the hate it's getting, it looks just like the CM mount and the yeti you kill every winter veil. Do think they should have a reindeer but whatever.