Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Obama's speech: ISIS not the top priority

So I was listening to Obama's speech on ISIS today, which btw he had to do after his first speech got roundly laughed at and made him sound indecisive. But this speech does nothing to reassure the public, and just makes things worse. In it he says ISIS is only next on his list of priorities. So what's his top priority then? Fighting a make-believe enemy in China? Paving the way for Hilary Clinton? Fighting Donald Trump, the man who will save America? How many US citizens do ISIS need to kill, how many millions of refugees need to occupy Europe and the US before ISIS becomes top priority?

What is up with our President?

Barack Obama warns leaders of Islamic State in speech: 'you are next'

Barack Obama sought to reassert himself as commander-in-chief on Monday, standing with military top brass at the Pentagon and warning leaders of Islamic State: “You are next.”

"The point is, Isil leaders cannot hide. And our next message to them is simple: You are next.”"

Analysts accused Obama of posturing and failing to match his words with deeds.

Bilal Saab, senior fellow for Middle East security at the Atlantic Council, said: “If Christmas were not around the corner, he would not be making this speech. If you look at the content, nothing much has changed. The four elements of the strategy have stayed the same. I would call it a political speech because he’s been hammered by his opponents.”

Thomas Sanderson, director of the transnational threats project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, said the US could make a difference with special forces and diplomacy but was far from being able to combat Isis recruitment, propaganda and training and equipment.

“The president is now imbued with reluctant enthusiasm,” he said. “He doesn’t have a choice now. San Bernardino really forced his hand.”

15+ Year Old Account
    We have far more pressing domestic issues, given that barely any ISIS makes it over here, and we have fascism creeping up in popularity with all the Trump fans.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Or maybe the POTUS have a modicum of common sense and don't wan't to embark on something that will not affect him for long, but will affect his sucessor ?

It's very easy to destroy ISIS with ground forces. (Relatively speaking). The nightmare is ''what we do after'' ?

ok how can i explain this to you ... you know that most refugees run from areas that get bombed by assad army and not areas controlled by isis... the refuges problem is more of an Assad problem than an isis problem
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

Considering what led to the creation of ISIS, perhaps the best way for the United States to help the Middle East is to not try and help the Middle East.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    We have far more pressing domestic issues, given that barely any ISIS makes it over here, and we have fascism creeping up in popularity with all the Trump fans.
    Smh.

Left wingers are all "me me me me".

Do you lot do it deliberately, or are you completely unaware?

15+ Year Old Account
    ISIS is an almost nonexistent threat to Americans compared to domestic issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    Smh.

Do we not have more pressing domestic issues?

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama's speech: ISIS not the top priority
    That's not what saying "you are next" means in this context, as he's saying they've destroyed other ISIS leaders and the rest of them are next to get destroyed.

“We’re going after Isil from their stronghold right in downtown Raqqa, to Libya, where we took out Abu Nabil, the Isil leader there. The point is, Isil leaders cannot hide. And our next message to them is simple: You are next.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Smh.

Lolol. Typical RWNJ response.

Domestic issues aren't even about me. Most people, left or right, would agree we have glaring issues at home.

We know that every time we snuff out a terrorist, 2-3 more pop up in its place and as we continue the resistance to the US only continues to grow. It's plain idiotic to just keep pushing. Pull out of the ME, let them figure it out and let the ME politics settle on its own. WE are the ones creating anti-US resentment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    They tend to believe that the only domestic issues we have is overtaxation (lol) and welfare fraud (lolololol).
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    I dont know, im not American.

Id say that controlling the Syrian gas line goes a long way into solving your domestic issues though.

Without it, you are slowly getting strangled.

If he's not talking about terrorism, then certainly the economy must be the #1 priority. That's somewhat at odds with the message that the economy is recovering and it's all thanks to Obama. I mean, seriously, what else? Gay marriage is legal, the ACA is implemented...what exactly is his number 1 priority if not the economy?

Deleted
    Lolol. Typical RWNJ response.

Domestic issues aren't even about me. Most people, left or right, would agree we have glaring issues at home.

We know that every time we snuff out a terrorist, 2-3 more pop up in its place and as we continue the resistance to the US only continues to grow. It's plain idiotic to just keep pushing. Pull out of the ME, let them figure it out and let the ME politics settle on its own. WE are the ones creating anti-US resentment.

- - - Updated - - -

They tend to believe that the only domestic issues we have is overtaxation (lol) and welfare fraud (lolololol).
    Since im not American, ill just stick to my original interpretation of how you come across as "me me me me".

Id say that controlling the Syrian gas line goes a long way into solving your donestic issues though.

Yeah, those damn Canadians refuse to sell us oil so we had to schlepp out to a desert to find some.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    That's not what saying "you are next" means in this context, as he's saying they've destroyed other ISIS leaders and the rest of them are next to get destroyed.

“We’re going after Isil from their stronghold right in downtown Raqqa, to Libya, where we took out Abu Nabil, the Isil leader there. The point is, Isil leaders cannot hide. And our next message to them is simple: You are next.”
    indeed that's how I read it too. And wondered what the OP was referring too.

Anyway, you need miracles now

His top priority is taking away all our guns and taking away our property rights after that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Yeah, those damn Canadians refuse to sell us oil so we had to schlepp out to a desert to find some.
    What happens if Canada is the only source of oil for the USA?

What happens if Canada is the only source of oil for the USA?
    Probably nothing, Canada already trades to us at market rate and is friendly. In fact, Canada and Mexico alone represent something like 40% of imports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welfare fraud happens so little, it's practically nonexistent. Countless sources to prove it. Wtf.

Id say that controlling the Syrian gas line goes a long way into solving your domestic issues though.

http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=727&t=6
    http://static5.businessinsider.com/i...24.03%20am.png
    http://www.randalolson.com/wp-conten...rts-top-10.png

I think we're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    If he's not talking about terrorism, then certainly the economy must be the #1 priority. That's somewhat at odds with the message that the economy is recovering and it's all thanks to Obama. I mean, seriously, what else? Gay marriage is legal, the ACA is implemented...what exactly is his number 1 priority if not the economy?
    To be fair, the ACA isn't exactly perfect. But as it stands, I doubt Obama will change his baby lol. The problems I feel affect me the most aren't things I'm not sure a president can really handle aside from maybe fixing the shrinking middle class.
    Last edited by Nachturnal; 2015-12-15 at 06:19 AM.

We have far more pressing domestic issues
    Higher unemployment.
    Higher underemployment.
    Higher debt.
    Higher government dependency.
    Lower credit rating.
    Lower education rating.
    Lower labor participation.
    Fewer home owners.
    Fewer business owners.
    Fewer minority graduates.

And of course all by comparison to the years before President Obama took office.

But he doesn't talk about those things, neither does Hillary or Sanders.

So if ISIS isn't important and none of the above items are important than what is important?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN