Thread: Bit of a bind.

Bit of a bind.

So I started work on a project with someone at my College a while ago, trying to go for the start-up thing. Now school has taken priority for this semester and I haven't had a lot of time to work on it. Thing is I agreed to this before I really knew him as a person, I mean we were friends, but now hes been an apartment-mate ( not just him 2 other people) (off campus ) for the last few months and I just really don't like him. I have near 0 motivation to follow through on this and I just want to move out at the end of the year and try to make friends with people who I think have more depth would be a solid way to put it. Anyway my issue is, I either need to dodge this till august when our lease is up or confront him at some-point. I think the second option is better, but I don't really know how to handle this without being a dick. Any advice?

Edit to clarify: He's not a dick or anything like that, we just see the world in different ways and have clearly different aspirations and time tables to stick to. It rubs me wrong basically.
    Last edited by Granda; 2015-12-15 at 06:06 AM.

How much money is on the line?

I would tell him your feelings, I know this isn't easy. I hope there isn't a lot of money involved, if there is I would lawyer up.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Do you live near a forest and own a shovel? Alternatively, just tell him. If you're going to owe him money and are tight on money, consider arranging a payment plan.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

So, you're still friends but you want off the team and out the house, I assume? If so, you need to do it earlier than later. I've been on the opposite end of that position. Having a friend as a founder and being naive, one can be way too reluctant to let go and in my case, my friend said he would get his work done for nearly a year.

Yeah I figured getting it done sooner was better, no money was on the line yet which is why I thought now was good, I wound up talking to him about 30 minutes ago. We came to an agreement that it is foolish to let personal issues get between finishing the project and that we would sign a legally binding partner agreement before releasing this hashing out each party's entitlements for if and when this begins to generate cash. I intend to involve a lawyer at that point, and the source code for my part of the project isn't leaving my machine until that is settled. It was also a relief, he was having similar thoughts about me and we were both just covering them up.

No need to tell him your indepth feelings about it. Just tell him you are no longer interested. Simple as that. Better sooner than later though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is this a soap opera script?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.