Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If Cyberpunk 2077 will be anything like The Witcher 3 in terms of quality, then i'm more excited for it. Was pretty dissapointed with Fallout 4, but hopefully Bethesda will bring their A-game for the next elder scrolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    If Cyberpunk 2077 will be anything like The Witcher 3 in terms of quality, then i'm more excited for it. Was pretty dissapointed with Fallout 4, but hopefully Bethesda will bring their A-game for the next elder scrolls.
    For sure. Many hope that they will.

TES is Bethesda's baby. Not Fallout.

That seems like one of the most pointless comparisons. Because both might have RPG elements?

I sure hope Bethesda will finally ditch their tinkered to death engine.. though I wonder where they even go with their next installment. We know literally nothing about it all though, so what is there to compare about?
    Cyberpunk 2077 needs to show it is a good game and setting first. While I have hope, given how the Witcher 3 turned out, I'm not yet sold on it until they show more than a rendered trailer. Though I would love if there was another Franchise that captures the DeusEx feeling without havint to rely on the squenix gamble. Still all they have is a rendered trailer.

So what is there to compare?

Edit: Asking which will be released first is even more pointless, why does that matter? o_O
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2015-12-18 at 05:14 AM.

Bethesda hasn't made a good RPG since 2006. I wouldn't raise my hopes.

If Fallout 4 is an indicator they want to appeal more and more to the kids that don't like complex games.

Don't get me wrong Witcher 3 isn't exactly rich in RPG features either, but it has an amazing story and immersive feeling. Bethesda's games don't really have a saving grace.

Now the thing with Cyberpunk 2077 is that it will likely let you make your own char, with levelling and different spells and skills and attributes. As long as the story and immersion is as good as Witcher 3 ( which will be hard to do ) it'll be stellar.

Cyberpunk 2077

There is no sing of TES VI so far.

Deleted
    ofc TES VI. They just need to reskin map, make few swords and add them to F4.

and boom Bethesda did another game.

Deleted
    I estimate TES6 in ~4-4,5y from this point forth (depends also on F4 DLC roadmap). They just started work on C'77 soooo about 4-5y here. Hard to say.

They DID say at one point that they had pretty much nothing done yet but had trailer already made. Now they are full throttle.

I don't know which will be the first to release. I can tell you, however that I look forward to C'77 more than TES6 but will buy both of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Bethesda hasn't made a good RPG since 2006. I wouldn't raise my hopes.

If Fallout 4 is an indicator they want to appeal more and more to the kids that don't like complex games.

Don't get me wrong Witcher 3 isn't exactly rich in RPG features either, but it has an amazing story and immersive feeling. Bethesda's games don't really have a saving grace.

Now the thing with Cyberpunk 2077 is that it will likely let you make your own char, with levelling and different spells and skills and attributes. As long as the story and immersion is as good as Witcher 3 ( which will be hard to do ) it'll be stellar.
    Story is harder to do for a game without predefined PC. It will be a lot more challenging as far as reactiveness of quests goes (short & long term consequences, instant and a couple of hours into the game) but, ultimately, I think they will make a great game. They have been superb if nothing else. Each new, game was a lot better than previous (opinion ofc). They set the bar high for C'77 but I have faith in them

There's really no way that Bethesda has only just started development of The Elder Scrolls VI (6) today, or earlier this year.

All you need to do is take a look at development patterns for their past games, as well as listen to direct confirmations from Todd Howard himself, to make the educated guess that TES VI's development began in late 2011, immediately after Skyrim's release.
    ^
    Obviously, no-one yet knows when it will be released, nor does it matter whether it is released before or after Cyberpunk 2077. I know that it's definitely going to be released before 2019, though. Especially because of the fact that Bethesda Game Studios expanded in Montreal with 40+ more staff-members already.
    Last edited by Ifnsman; 2015-12-19 at 12:09 PM.