Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm just going to say for about the 500th time, what the hell is Konami thinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm just going to say for about the 500th time, what the hell is Konami thinking?
    Not a lot it seems.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's hoping that maybe someday, Silent Hills will see the light of day.

Wonder if Kojima can just get Del Toro and Junji Ito back and just make a horror game whilst giving it new mythos and name. Not like the Silent Hill series has a monopoly on supernatural horror.

Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    Wonder if Kojima can just get Del Toro and Junji Ito back and just make a horror game whilst giving it new mythos and name. Not like the Silent Hill series has a monopoly on supernatural horror.
    He could theoretically do that - Silent Hills was different enough gameplay wise to differentiate it. Obviously they can't use the title and would have to call it something new, but there's also the question of assets. Was what he developed under Konami still a Konami product? Like the engine, ect? I'm of the belief in thinking "no" simply because they pulled SH off the downloads right before the pissing match between them and Kojima started.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowlga View Post
    He's been saying he doesn't want to do any more MGS since like the first or second one. But it was making money for Konami so they probably didn't want to let him go out on a limb with new IP and just prodded him back into making MGS over and over. Good games, but it'll be interesting to see what else is kicking around in his head that he's been wanting to do forever.
    It was more the "creator's burden" combined with the profit.

He said MGS2 was the last one he was going to work on, but said he decided he wanted to explore Big Boss' story in MGS3. He handed MGS4 off, but during meetings where he was more big picture input, he said he decided he wanted to direct it and became more directly involved.

I think it's a love/hate situation with his own creation. He wanted to move on to new things and try other IPs, but at the same time he does love MGS and the idea of exploring new stories eventually drew him back in.

Honestly, he could have avoided any burn out if they allowed him breaks. MGS > Zone of Enders > MGS > do a new IP > MGS > Silent Hills project > Zone of Enders > MGS, etc, etc.

Prior to Konami apparently losing their minds in employee relations, anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he's pretty much done to with games that already have multiple installments. Anyone would want something else if you are working on the same IP for more than a decade.

Silent Hill was the only one he might have been interesed in making further looking at former projects and that's probably due to a del torro partnership.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You do know hes made more then one game right?
    *snip*
    I look forward to whatever he's making next, but let's be honest here, the only really big name in that list is Metal Gear Solid (and sequels/spinoffs).

Snatcher has some cult following but ask the average gamer what it is and they'll go "what?", and Zone of Enders was a great game, but commercially not very successful, despite MGS2 even helping it.

(okay, Tokimeki was obviously a thing in Japan, but dating sims are extremely niche in the west)
    Last edited by Cattleya; 2015-12-16 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I look forward to whatever he's making next, but let's be honest here, the only really big name in that list is Metal Gear Solid (and sequels/spinoffs).
    Yes but let's look at the MGS games.

1 and 2 very similar.

3 completely re invents the series into a prequel in a semi open world out door environment.

4 completely re invents the series into cinematic hell, where you spend more time watching cutscenes then anything.

5 completely re invents the series into a full open world game with story and cinematic taking a back seat with a non linear approach for the first time in the series.

Let's not act like he stuck to the same formula for all MGS games, because the only games that even somewhat share the same formula are 1+2 and Peacewalker+5.

To add
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/...th-playstation
    Kojima Productions has partnered with Sony for its first video game project, and studio founder Hideo Kojima explains that it’s because of his great relationship with the publisher, which has developed over the course of more than a decade.

"I feel like this is an environment where I will be able to make something and feel comfortable," Kojima said, "and I believe that’s the environment I need right now."
    Following his departure from Konami, Kojima received "a lot of offers from overseas companies," but ultimately chose to work with the company he admits he owes his global success to.

"It’s thanks to Sony that I was able to make a splash in the global market. It’s been 10-plus years since then and the working relationship at Sony, the people at Sony, we gel well…. I got several offers from many different companies, but with Sony it came to a point where I know these people, they know me, we know each other well."

Kojima admits, "it would have been interesting to develop a relationship" with an overseas partner, "but in this case it’s been 10-plus years. There are many stories. We have this deeper trust with each other, so I wanted to try working with [Sony] on the first project."

Kojima’s been an advocate of multiplatform games in the past, so there’s certainly the potential that Kojima Productions’ future projects are not platform exclusive.

"One way or another," Kojima said, "everything will end up being multiplatform."
    More News
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/...terested-in-vr

Hideo Kojima “can’t make an assurance right now” about working on a virtual reality game at Kojima Productions, but told IGN it’s absolutely in his interest.

“One day I’d like to make something using this technology, I’m not sure yet,” Kojima said. “But I do believe it has a future.”

The size of the technology as it exists now is a concern for the Kojima Productions founder.
    Oh jesus just think a PT VR game.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-12-16 at 11:50 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

"Kojima has officially left Konami. He is officially the last exciting thing that will ever be released by Konami."

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I think I heard Allison Road might have VR support but not too sure on that.