Thread: Season 5

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Here's updated Seasonal Journey
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm..._requirements/
    Conqueror: (finishing this gives Stash Tab)
    Show me what you got: Kill Diablo on TX within 1 minute 30 seconds
    Money Ain't a Thang: Kill Greed on TX
    A little more: Reach GR60 solo
    4 minutes to save the World: Finish a TX Nephalem rift within 4 minutes
    Gem of my Life: Level 3 legendary gems to lvl 55
    All I do is win: Finish 2 Conquests this season

I'm not sure if I'm going to make a seasonal character this time around, is it worth it without the season exclusive gear? I think all you really get is an extra stash tab.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm going to make a seasonal character this time around, is it worth it without the season exclusive gear? I think all you really get is an extra stash tab.
    season exclusive gear wasn't worth it at any point of seasons

exclusive for 1 season only didn't do anything for seasons overall except make it seems like something special.

You can get cosmetics (transmog gear, portraits, wings) and some tree pet

Since Season 4 is over, can I now get the gems that were seasonal only? Or do I need to wait for the next patch to come out?

when the patch comes, which "should" be tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    when the patch comes, which "should" be tomorrow
    https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...05910953193472

Currently, there is no maintenance planned for Diablo III tomorrow.
    Not going to happen.

Since the new season starts on a Friday, they have next week's maintenance window as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Since the new season starts on a Friday, they have next week's maintenance window as well.
    It's going to happen next week unless they delay the season, which will probably not happen.

As seasonal feels pointless with just a portrait and pet while nothing else is new. Not counting the extremely useless rebirth function. Might still lvl 1 char though.

Can you do the set dungeon achievement (to do all to get the wings) split on seasonal and non-seasonal? As the achievements are generally split into 2 groups afaik.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    As seasonal feels pointless with just a portrait and pet while nothing else is new. Not counting the extremely useless rebirth function.
    You're also forgetting that only by playing the season can you gain a new stash tab.

Any idea on how long this season will last?

Quote Originally Posted by tldragoon View Post
    S5 will be 3 months according to the devs.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm going to be different and go DH this season. I really like the changes their sets are getting (I mean who doesn't) and I've never played one in any serious fashion. I hope it can be OP enough to not feel like I have to go back to monk like a week into the season, but we shall see.

Watching the videos from test were very promising.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tldragoon View Post
    It will start on January 15th, by which time the current talisman league in Path of Exile has become boring enough that it'll be nice to jump back into Diablo. Then, it'll last until you're done with the journey and gotten bored with Diablo again, and by then, in March, Path of Exile will get a new expansion set, and you can jump back into that one.

Good timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I think I'm going to be different and go DH this season. I really like the changes their sets are getting (I mean who doesn't) and I've never played one in any serious fashion. I hope it can be OP enough to not feel like I have to go back to monk like a week into the season, but we shall see.

Watching the videos from test were very promising.
    If you play group, many builds are viable and especially the new Shadow set as the single target/GR killer guy.

If you play mostly solo, Natalya and Marauder are both very strong options, with the emphasis on Natalya due to huge aoe and mobility, both very valuable more than single target damage. UE seems to get the short hand of the stick this time, but is completely viable for T10 and GR 75+.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If you play mostly solo, Natalya and Marauder are both very strong options, with the emphasis on Natalya due to huge aoe and mobility
    I have a group of people that maybe one night a week we'll smash out rifts for gem levels, but otherwise I'm mostly solo. I think Nat's is what I was watching in the video b/c the guy was flipping and spraying the screen with death nonstop. It's the first time I've seen DH look like a monk in terms of never stopping, yet blowing up the screen.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I have a group of people that maybe one night a week we'll smash out rifts for gem levels, but otherwise I'm mostly solo. I think Nat's is what I was watching in the video b/c the guy was flipping and spraying the screen with death nonstop. It's the first time I've seen DH look like a monk in terms of never stopping, yet blowing up the screen.
    If you play in group, the Shadow set will make people happy - on PTR i was literally 2shotting RG at GR 60. It's been nerfed a little, but it's still insanely powerful (all top groups will have a shadow DH in).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If you play in group, the Shadow set will make people happy - on PTR i was literally 2shotting RG at GR 60. It's been nerfed a little, but it's still insanely powerful (all top groups will have a shadow DH in).
    Yea, the single-target damage of the Shadow set is insane. It requires quite a bit of gear for good AoE though (AoE damage on every piece), and if it wasn't for the fixes, it would be unusuable at higher GR lvls due to the lag.

Demon Hunters are in a very good spot in 2.4 - Survivability has been GREATLY increased, and all sets are very viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Yeah I'll be playing DH this season, happy to see it get some nice buffs to areas it needed. And finally having a spot again in 4man groups will be nice.

the sets have great diversity across all areas of the game, other builds will be hard to match the speed and efficiency of the fire multishot UE farming build.

Fast t7 bounty farming build with UE danetta set (although crusader horse build or WD chicken build look much more smoother/ enjoyable than constant vault spam)

And solo looks more enjoyable with the toughness buffs DH desperately needed

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd give D3 another go on S5. Still undecided which class to pick... wd probably...

Played barb and dh on S4.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.