Did windows 10 just get a big update ?

My computer just did a big automatic update of some sort that caused it to restart several times and when it finished I had popups telling me my spybot/advanced system care/ driver booster all had updates available.

Just seems a bit fishy that all of my spyware stuff wants to update directly after something that appeared to be a major system update.

There was a big update. I never had any of what you mentioned. In fact, I really can't see much of a before and after update difference.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Well firefox froze when I posted the innitial message and I've restarted the computer twice, seems a bit more sluggish than usual but it doesnt seem like nothing a drive defrag wont fix.

aye this update was a bit of a bitch it killed my lan had to faf around running the trouble shooter, downloading realtek drivers, eventually it fixed the 'one or more protocols is missing on this computer'

holy shit that was annoying.

It was released in November, but if you recently updated from 7 or 8.1 then it deferred the update until after the 30 day "return period".