Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    oh the days when AV lasted an entire day..

normally, it doesn't bother me too much.

but i've had one that was so bad, i just rage quit for the night and went to bed early.

i've had rough games before, three and five caps in battle for gilneas and arathi basin. but at least the people in those ones tried to stop it from happening. the twin peaks fight i had a few days ago was just the worst thing i have ever seen. i was one of two people that went after the EFC. i'm literally the only one that ever attacked the EFC, the other rogue that was with me just stood there instead of helping. then, the last EFC of the game was running and right next to the bridge in the middle and probably like 3/4th of the team was respawning and he was perfectly in view of all of us. but every one of them except me and the useless rogue went towards the EFC... they literally turned away from it like some kind of retarded herd of scared antelope. even the EFC was confused, i watched him. he kinda ran back and forth, then ran towards the team and shot a couple a little... nobody even turned to look at him. the only reason i even bothered hitting him was to scare him into capping so they wouldn't spend the rest of the 4 minutes camping us.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    People who backpaddel with orb/flag and when they die blaming the healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde players should go for objectives in TwinPeaks/ArathiBasin/AlteracValley/IsleOfConquest/WSG , cas if they want to farm hks in the middle they should go Alliance for making BG wins 50/50

I mean if some one hates Objectives and likes hks in the middle he should play Alliance, because there is more players who care about objectives on Alliance side, so even if u farm hks u will be still able to win.

Have 100lvl chars on both sides, playing Alliance since TBC/Horde since WOTLK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    oh the days when AV lasted an entire day..

What was the reward?

Deleted
    My personal favourite is when half the team stops to cap Stables/Farm at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    What was the reward?
    You just farmed HKs for the PVP titles/ranks.

The ranks were actual player rankings based on how many HKs you had so you were actively competing against other players for rankings. The super no-lifers would spend all day every day farming making it impossible for anyone else to get a good rank. Blizz didn't like the fact that you basically had to grind hours and hours every single day to get a good pvp rank and removed the system in BC
    Last edited by barial; 2015-12-23 at 02:02 PM.

Stood in the Fire Doctor Deanster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like there are more lone wolfs than team players in my faction no matter where I go be it Ashran or battlegrounds my team will wander around aimlessly like headless chickens ignoring primary objectives unless someone that is a convincing enough leader steps in. put up with it long enough to decide I'm finally going to boost an alliance character and take it from there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post

The ranks were actual player rankings based on how many HKs you had so you were actively competing against other players for rankings. The super no-lifers would spend all day every day farming making it impossible for anyone else to get a good rank. Blizz didn't like the fact that you basically had to grind hours and hours every single day to get a good pvp rank and removed the system in BC

That sounds like a good idea what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post

A lot of the High Warlords I know from Vanilla say they had like 3-4 people playing that account. Literally never offline.
    Hi Sephurik

THAT GUY leaves to go fight elsewhere when he was the only one watching the flag
    THAT GUY doesn't stay with the group in one of the capture the flag BG's
    THAT GUY rages in chat like he is the only one noticing the issues
    THAT GUY tells people to do kooky strategies instead of proven methods of success

I hate THAT GUY, he is on my short list of real problems with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    What was the reward?
    none, it was pretty frustrating, when you need that 1 token more to get the warlord gear but the game would just never end..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Bots
    /10char
    Bots are better than most players.
    They actually go for the healer. And guess what? They ALL do it. FOCUS him. TRAIN HIM.
    Guess what the average casual does? He pops his cd on the tank.

And OT: Because there's 2 parts in the BGs. Either you win, and they lose, or vice versa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post
    My personal favourite is when half the team stops to cap Stables/Farm at the start.
    It's a good counter strategy. What if they send 3-4 to Stable/Farm?
    Then what's that dude alone gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Deanster View Post
    I feel like there are more lone wolfs than team players in my faction no matter where I go be it Ashran or battlegrounds my team will wander around aimlessly like headless chickens ignoring primary objectives unless someone that is a convincing enough leader steps in. put up with it long enough to decide I'm finally going to boost an alliance character and take it from there.
    The grass isn't greener. I pvp on both factions daily and both do the same things. You're just more likely to be put in a losing Ashran than a winning one because they're the Ashrans people leave. As for BGs I use a pvp history addon and both factions characters have a very similar winrate. Nothing significant anyway. But I recommend trying both factions anyway. I've always liked having at least one max toon per faction.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    The grass isn't greener. I pvp on both factions daily and both do the same things. You're just more likely to be put in a losing Ashran than a winning one because they're the Ashrans people leave. As for BGs I use a pvp history addon and both factions characters have a very similar winrate. Nothing significant anyway. But I recommend trying both factions anyway. I've always liked having at least one max toon per faction.
    Time of the day matters.
    Pre 24:00 alliance win. Past 24:00 we start losing.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are newer players who try out PvP content at the end of each expansion because it is content they have yet to experience or they are brand new to the game. Just guide the players through gently or let them learn through practice. I remember doing my first Battleground and Arena back in Wrath of the Lich King, and it was so stressful because I did not know what was going on. Arena was a bit more straightforward, and I at least learned with guildies. However Battlegrounds discouraged me until my friend who loved PvP taught me the different maps and strategies. It is a learning process, just like in PvE when learning a new boss in the latest raid or a new boss strategy.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Kay Fernalld View Post
    There are newer players who try out PvP content at the end of each expansion because it is content they have yet to experience or they are brand new to the game. Just guide the players through gently or let them learn through practice. I remember doing my first Battleground and Arena back in Wrath of the Lich King, and it was so stressful because I did not know what was going on. Arena was a bit more straightforward, and I at least learned with guildies. However Battlegrounds discouraged me until my friend who loved PvP taught me the different maps and strategies. It is a learning process, just like in PvE when learning a new boss in the latest raid or a new boss strategy.

The main difficulty is dealing with the other classes. They are the "bosses". They must be countered.