just bought this laptop

What do you guys think? Not a bad laptop imo, i7, 4 gigs , upgrading memory and drive is cheap. Really like rugged laptops. BTW if you ever decide to buy a GETAC, make sure it has the hd caddy, because it uses some weird proprietary sata to who knows what adapter. Now all I gotta do is find the batteries, which cost a small fortune, $200 for each, but with two of them I can get 30 hours.

It's a bit hard to say much about it based on 4gb ram and i7 2GHz. Perhaps a link to the model you bought would allow us to say more?

Also, gratulations on your new computer, hope you're happy with it ^.^

I looked it up and, I don't know, it's not something I'd buy when the description says
    "pictures shown are those of ONE unit among many I have, and all have slightly different imperfections, please keep it in mind, do not expect EXACT unit - some look better, I chose here to display one among more banged than others."

A 4 year old laptop with missing parts and, strange, proprietary sata ports? isn't what I'd buy, but, I mean, depending on what you're doing, I guess it's, okay, specifications wise, anyway.

Seems like a waste of ~$650 to me, especially when you could just get a new, better one, that's not 4 years old and missing parts for almost the same price, but, that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2015-12-18 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by electthedead View Post
    No battery, no HD, no optical..

And it definitely looks like the previous own took "Rugged" as a personal challenge..

I understand the HD, Optical are cheap. Except this needs a proprietary caddy/sata. 200 per battery x2, + HD, DVD, Ram. Then you have to find the right sata hook up. Seems a bit high just because you want a rugged.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2015-12-18 at 05:17 AM.

nah it's not that bad, couple of people have gotten it. like he said he picked the worst one. I have an ssd waiting, the battery i can find maybe 69 bucks used, i have the interface. I lucked out on the interface though, you hardly ever see them for sale. It seems like they destroyed the caddy with the drive after removing it not knowing it costs more than the laptop itself, or you can call Getac and buy it for $200, nuts.
    Last edited by electthedead; 2015-12-18 at 05:31 AM.

just got all the parts needed. This thing is a beast, massive, like I would have no problems throwing it out the 2nd floor window. It looks pretty much new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know what laptop means? Lap? + top? = a thing that can be held on your lap comfortably. If it's massive than it is not a laptop but portable PC.