Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Coalfist Gronnling/Minion of Grumpus recolors

What's MMO-C's opinion on having BOE recolors of the Yeti and Gronnling mounts? Indifferent, neutral, or against it? Personally I think the Coalfist gronnling is too common, buyable for less than 3k gold off the AH. Minion of Grumpus will probably stabilize around 20-50k and is decently rare enough, though I'm not sure it had to be BoE [makes for a great present to someone though]. Do you think the CM yeti should have had any recolors at all? What about the gronnling which was previously only the raid meta/gladiator/Poundfist? Keep in mind that it does save development resources to some extent that can't be quantified here.

I think it's fine. However I think the CM Yeti should have been the bluish/black color and the Winterveil Yeti should have been white; would have made more sense. The Coalfist is probably the ugliest color combination of the Gronnlings so I think it being so common is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hoped to the last they would keep a mount unique (Challenger's War Yeti).
    By the end of Winter Veil those Grumpus Yetis will be everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I just hoped to the last they would keep a mount unique (Challenger's War Yeti).
    By the end of Winter Veil those Grumpus Yetis will be everywhere.
    To be fair though the mounts from MoP cms shared a model with a boss drop unique cm mounts haven't been done yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind as long as there's a noticeable difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    To be fair though the mounts from MoP cms shared a model with a boss drop unique cm mounts haven't been done yet.
    Do you mean Clutch of Ji-Kun? I never even realized... I'm getting old. But yes, I don't think there's anything unique regarding mounts. At least MoP CM mounts aren't just a recolor of Ji-kun.

The people who care what mounts other people are riding already know the difference. I have no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Minion of Grumpus looks absolutely shit. I hate when blizzard makes a mount or character model now, and it has the same animation style as vanilla or TBC levels of pixelated badness.

Deleted
    As someone who has the CM mount: It's perfectly fine.
    The mount(s) are absolutely hideous anyway. The same goes for Poundfist.

Clutch of Ji-Kun isn't the same model as the Pandaren Phoenixes, all they share is the animation skeleton. It might seem that way, since they share animations and generally have the same body shape, but it isn't the case.

The MoP CM mount models are unique, but WoD's Yeti is not.
    Last edited by The Boomking; 2015-12-19 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really have an issue with it, even rare mounts like TLPD are just recolors. The whole epeen point is still there, because they're a specific color that isn't shared, so you know which one is the rare one.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

What's the current thinking of the average price for the minion mount, it's currently around 60k on my server, but I'm guessing as more and more people get it, the price will drop. My concern is the advent of Christmas, theory is less and less people will be playing next week, maybe causing prices to rise.

Should I take the plunge at 60k or wait for it to drop further?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I think it's fine. However I think the CM Yeti should have been the bluish/black color and the Winterveil Yeti should have been white; would have made more sense. The Coalfist is probably the ugliest color combination of the Gronnlings so I think it being so common is fine.
    I think the colors for those two are perfect. Yeti should be white and grumpus needs to be a grimey ugly gray

I am ok with it.

I think, personally, that the only person that notices that you are riding a certain mount is you... (basically, there maybe a few ppl that care since millions play the game- but not enough people to have it effect anything).

Quote Originally Posted by The Boomking View Post
    Clutch of Ji-Kun isn't the same model as the Pandaren Phoenixes, all they share is the animation skeleton. It might seem that way, since they share animations and generally have the same body shape, but it isn't the case.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95059/clutch-of-ji-kun

http://www.wowhead.com/item=89154/re...ndaren-phoenix

Really not seeing the difference myself outside a bit or armor tacked on to ji-kun

I don't mind recolored mounts as long as they aren't the only thing we're getting. I like being able to choose from few different colors of the same mount to pick one that fits the character's transmog color scheme etc. I just wish we had bigger variety in models.

And I still wish one day Blizz makes a spider mount.

On topic of yeti / gronnlings, I absolutely hate big mounts so I'm not using them anyway. I did enjoy a few WOD mounts though, like the wolf models, the talbuk, the moose.

Quote Originally Posted by The Boomking View Post

Isn't the MoP phoenix the same as the spire mount from Ruhkmar?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    We are in the area where people have 250...300 mounts

Do we really need that one unique mount? But if we did, it should be on the shop to send a message: Work hard in RL because that is what matters, not farming mounts in a game. The time you spend farming mounts in a game, you will regret as wasted. The time spend advancing in RL and providing food and a house for your family is much better spend.
    Duh captain obvious. Anytime playing any game is wasted time.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95059/clutch-of-ji-kun

http://www.wowhead.com/item=89154/re...ndaren-phoenix

Really not seeing the difference myself outside a bit or armor tacked on to ji-kun
    Different feet, wings, head, armor and saddle, tail etc. They're kind of similar, but the models are definitely not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Isn't the MoP phoenix the same as the spire mount from Ruhkmar?
    Nah, the Solar Spirehawk is entirely different, it shares animations with the Druid Flight Form. The only thing linking it with the Pandaren Phoenix is that they're both birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    As someone who has the CM mount: It's perfectly fine.
    The mount(s) are absolutely hideous anyway. The same goes for Poundfist.
    This x100 - look like ass, so many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Do you mean Clutch of Ji-Kun? I never even realized... I'm getting old. But yes, I don't think there's anything unique regarding mounts. At least MoP CM mounts aren't just a recolor of Ji-kun.
    No, he means Ashes of Alar.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015