Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    @ May90:

I have a little test for you.
    Have the side of the case open and pull out the power cord entirely and turn off the PSU with the button at the back.
    Press the power button whilst the cord is out repeatedly for about 10 - 15 seconds to totally drain any leftover power from the board's capacitors.
    Plug the PSU back in and then turn the PSU back on again with the button in the back.

Now.. and pay attention as this is important:
    When you press the power button on your PC whilst looking into the case and into the fans for the first time do you see the fans twitch?
    This will only happen on the first button press and will not repeat itself.

Tell me if that happens.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I just did it 2 times and there was no twitch of the fans, at all. Does it mean something important?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I just did it 2 times and there was no twitch of the fans, at all. Does it mean something important?
    Yes .. it means your problem may be deeper seated to which a blind guess is almost irrelevant.

From my experience from the VERY FEW broken down SeaSonic units when they die everything will Twitch ONLY the first time and then as long as they're connected they won't do anything anymore.
    I was just confirming if your experience you'd see a fan twitch happening, which in that case would almost 100% mean it was that issue.

But without more to go on from this point it could be a lot of things.. yeah best is to go to a shop and have em run diagnostics from this point on.

You could always try the paperclip test with the PSU to see if it fires up https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...ion_2250900693