Windows uninstalled my CCleaner in an update.

Not even joking. The icon is no longer on the desktop, so I went to programs and features to see if it was on the list, and nope. I don't know what the hell happened, but it's no longer there. It was one of those updates where it restarts the computer several times. Not sure if that matters?

10+ Year Old Account
    I take it you're using Windows 10? I've heard of this a few times, of utility programs being uninstalled because they were 'no longer compatible'. I think it notifies you before a restart/update. Newer versions should be 'compatible' and just reinstall them.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I moved to W10 from 7 and I like this sytem so far but theres one thing that is really annoying for me. I have zero control about updates, only two options, turn off updates or agree to everything what system want to install. Thats just bullshiit.

I was suspicious when Microsoft was offering free upgrades wholesale to current "customers". It makes sense now; they designed an OS that can control your computer and let them choose how it operates and what it runs. How better to get people to let that happen than by offering it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I take it you're using Windows 10? I've heard of this a few times, of utility programs being uninstalled because they were 'no longer compatible'. I think it notifies you before a restart/update. Newer versions should be 'compatible' and just reinstall them.
    It didn't notify me, but yeah w10

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the same with me like 2 weeks ago, wasn't really happy that it forcibly removed a program without even consulting me before hand. What if it was something more important that had settings/files that couldn't be recovered? 0o

Oh and before it removed it it had the audacity to say something like "Your folders and files are where you left them" after an update :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Windows 10 as far as I know doesn't notify people when it removes a program. People have experienced this with other programs like Catalyst and CPUZ. Don't like it? Use Linux? See the problem we have here?

Lolololol seriously? I use my Windows 10 just for internet browsing and speed. Go to 7 for everything else (although it's definitely slower. By a lot).

To be honest like 2 days ago Windows updated without even asking me (I woke up, went to my desktop, and it gave me some bullshit about "Hi" "We just updated some shit without your permission" "We left all your files where we left them" etc.

I can't believe they can remove programs though. Like if they were to clean the registry I'd think okay...? But removing actual programs. Wow.

Yes, W10 (insider/beta builds at least) do that regularly. And they do notify in Action Center. Typical offenders are the likes of CPU-Z, drivers, overclocking/voltage control.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2015-12-19 at 11:44 PM.

Yeah, this is one reason I haven't installed Windows 10 on my home system yet.

It uninstalled my Spybot and before that it showed a message like "everything is where you left it brah", for 2 min... riiiiight.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Yes, W10 (insider/beta builds at least) do that regularly. And they do notify in Action Center. Typical offenders are the likes of CPU-Z, drivers, overclocking/voltage control.
    Yeah, it removed CCleaner on me along with CPU-Z. Mildly annoying, not sure why they think anyone would want such a feature. They should at least check frequency of usage or something for programs...