I watched the finale with my friends for my Birthday. I absolutely adored it. Like both the two parter and epilogue were some of the best episodes of the show and wrapped up the show in such an amazing way. It was just such a climactic and fun finale and my emotions were high.

The main criticisms I have seen also have very little weight behind them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Someone replied to one of my derpi posts saying how absolutely awful S9 (especially the finale) is, and made some great points. "What really sandbagged the writing for S9 was that they tried to wrap up all the loose ends instead of treating it like a real world that doesn't wrap up nicely merely because the cameras are about to leave. That and they were chasing nostalgia from season 1+2 bandwagoners who stopped watching long ago, so the characterization and plots are wildly off for those of us who watched the rest of the series." The entire finale is just chasing trends, trying (badly) to force memes, and pushing agendas.

I have just removed S9 from my personal canon, deleted all the episodes, and I'm just going to pretend it ended with the S8 finale + Best Gift Ever + Rainbow Roadtrip. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't call S8 amazing, and I wouldn't say it's one of the best seasons, but it had a lot of great moments, even if it did have a couple missteps here and there. At least (for the most part, barring single episode missteps) everyone wasn't constantly out of character. The second half of S9 feels like a different show. Everyone constantly acts like either an exaggerated parody or a complete opposite of who they actually are. The first half had a lot more OOC moments than it should have, but at least it wasn't constant. But it suffered from a completely nonsensical main arc.

I just wish the people who were doing personal attacks and death threats on twitter would've kept their criticisms to the material. I fully supported all their criticisms, and I would've supported them if they hadn't made it personal and issued death threats. I mean, I understand how they feel, I feel betrayed by the finale too, but that's never an excuse to personally attack someone. That just makes the rest of us who absolutely despise S9 with the fiery passion of 1000 supernovas look bad.
    Whoever said that about the finale is wrong by an objective metric, they do not wrap up everything nicely and they actively say that there will always be darkness in the world, its not a happily ever after, they do not wrap up every loose end either, just the main ones. There is no forced memes, the finale is played very seriously but has the shows staple comedy, there are no forced meme faces or lines, unless you count one reference to an iconic line...which come on that is fine in the finale of the entire show.

Based on all the criticisms I have read it is mostly directed at the epilogue and almost ALL of it is based on people upset that it exists and that they personally are not happy with the fact that it does exist rather than actual analysis of the epilogue itself "waah not the way I want" kind of thing, which is not healthy critique. As for the two parter, I see very little criticism over it unless you go somewhere like 4chan, which has been a beacon of negativity since...ever.

Hate to be that guy but there is also no such thing as personal canon in a TV series, I can't really understand why season 9 is apparently so awful that it shouldn't be canon but I also don't care for the inevitably hyperbolic reasons. You do have the point with a tiny amount of validity being the bad character moments in the 2nd half. However I think this mostly begins and ends in "2,4,6, Great" A Trivial Pursuit was just a send off to one of Twilight's most iconic personality traits, a bit jarring but fair in the end. Every episode after has not done what you said. Really just those two episodes, and only one of them felt like a complete melon of a writer not knowing what they are doing.

My thoughts on season 9 are overall very positive, it had a few duds like every season but for the most part it was a very strong season and played well to the characters, my main critique being that each main character should have had a proper final episode for their character. Pinkie got one mostly, and other characters had things close to that I guess, but not something like the Washouts from s8 could have been.

The villains arc was built up well and lead to a satisfying conclusion, probably one of the better arcs in the show.
    Last edited by ryanmahaffe; 2019-09-09 at 10:55 AM.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I watched the finale with my friends for my Birthday. I absolutely adored it. Like both the two parter and epilogue were some of the best episodes of the show and wrapped up the show in such an amazing way. It was just such a climactic and fun finale and my emotions were high.

The main criticisms I have seen also have very little weight behind them.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoever said that about the finale is wrong by an objective metric, they do not wrap up everything nicely and they actively say that there will always be darkness in the world, its not a happily ever after, they do not wrap up every loose end either, just the main ones. There is no forced memes, the finale is played very seriously but has the shows staple comedy, there are no forced meme faces or lines, unless you count one reference to an iconic line...which come on that is fine in the finale of the entire show.

Based on all the criticisms I have read it is mostly directed at the epilogue and almost ALL of it is based on people upset that it exists and that they personally are not happy with the fact that it does exist rather than actual analysis of the epilogue itself "waah not the way I want" kind of thing, which is not healthy critique. As for the two parter, I see very little criticism over it unless you go somewhere like 4chan, which has been a beacon of negativity since...ever.

Hate to be that guy but there is also no such thing as personal canon in a TV series, I can't really understand why season 9 is apparently so awful that it shouldn't be canon but I also don't care for the inevitably hyperbolic reasons. You do have the point with a tiny amount of validity being the bad character moments in the 2nd half. However I think this mostly begins and ends in "2,4,6, Great" A Trivial Pursuit was just a send off to one of Twilight's most iconic personality traits, a bit jarring but fair in the end. Every episode after has not done what you said. Really just those two episodes, and only one of them felt like a complete melon of a writer not knowing what they are doing.

My thoughts on season 9 are overall very positive, it had a few duds like every season but for the most part it was a very strong season and played well to the characters, my main critique being that each main character should have had a proper final episode for their character. Pinkie got one mostly, and other characters had things close to that I guess, but not something like the Washouts from s8 could have been.

The villains arc was built up well and lead to a satisfying conclusion, probably one of the better arcs in the show.
    You do you I guess. My opinion is the polar opposite, though I will say my most scathing comments were reserved for the epilogue.

You do you I guess. My opinion is the polar opposite, though I will say my most scathing comments were reserved for the epilogue.
    Having watched the epilogue, I have no idea what you would mean, as everyone is still in character and it's a very logical conclusion that fits in with the characters. I can't really say anymore because you know, spoilers
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Taking the time to catch up on a few episodes that I missed I made this:

A strange episode but I did love the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Taking the time to catch up on a few episodes that I missed I made this:

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/EIhsEUe.png[/IG]

A strange episode but I did love the song.
    Very appropriate.

I just have to wait about 3 weeks to watch it all.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I love how Sylvanas is 3x the size of Anduin in this. Feels fitting.
    To paraphrase Taliesin, "the conflict between The Horde and The Horde is reaching its conclusion....and the Alliance is there too."

[IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/991e31f8bff737f2d97e92bed417da1d.png[/IG]

I love how Sylvanas is 3x the size of Anduin in this. Feels fitting.
    To paraphrase Taliesin, "the conflict between The Horde and The Horde is reaching its conclusion....and the Alliance is there too."
    That's what happens when the Horde is far more interesting. With them being initially the underdogs and having such a wide array of characters with their leaders it's easy to make stories about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That's what happens when the Horde is far more interesting. With them being initially the underdogs and having such a wide array of characters with their leaders it's easy to make stories about them.
    nah, it's not about it being "easy" it's because most of the story writers are massive horde fanboys

Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    nah, it's not about it being "easy" it's because most of the story writers are massive horde fanboys
    Again, they have far varied personalities and with them being seen as the "monsters" you have more to work with. It's the usual flawed character being far more interesting because you seem them grow. It's why Fluttershy grows so much throughout the show as she has more to overcome or Vegeta as he grows when he casts of some of his issues.

Superman is rarely interesting because he has no room for growth as he's practically perfect, but watching Batman start to trust people and open up is exciting as you see him overcome his flaws. This is the same with humans and orcs. The humans are deemed pretty true in the moral scale; Varian was different in this regard as he was overcoming his warrior instincts, being split into two people, and trying to be a proper father. Anduin on the other hand is.....the essential boring boyscout, which can be written well, but not so much so far. The orcs can be easily written as monsters, but when you see them try and reconnect with who they once were, with shamanism, going to a new world to live without demons ruling them, and Thrall being a slave to help lead his people, that's interesting.

You're never going to see Mekatorque with a deep story that makes you think of him as a great character, but when you have these "monsters" of the Horde as others see that they are not the savages they once believed and you peer behind that veil you see a deeper personality to their people and leaders.

Even evil can be interesting, if done right. Arthas was done right, Illidan is also done right, especially at first as he made the hard choices to save his people and then kept going down that road, but of course Garrosh was done incredibly poorly and Sylvanas has been only slightly better in that regard. If I must say, and saying this always irks me, telling the story of Arthas and The Lich King would have been far more interesting than trying to tell a super condensed version of Warcraft 1 for the movie. Warcraft 1 would have been better as a Game of Thrones mini series rather than the movie we got.

Two absolute banger episodes in a row. I was never a fan of the Daring Do episodes, but this one really knocked it out of the park. I blame Fluttershy. She makes everything better.

Two absolute banger episodes in a row. I was never a fan of the Daring Do episodes, but this one really knocked it out of the park. I blame Fluttershy. She makes everything better.
    [video=youtube;1tUWZSwZlWc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tUWZSwZlWc[/vido]
    I look forward to binging the season in a couple of weeks.

Dragonforce does another take on an already existing song and....it kind of works. The new album, I feel, is better than their last two, but I would still skip a few of these songs for the most part, like the two break up songs in this one. One of them is alright, but break up songs are not the reason I listen to Dragonforce.

Dragonforce does another take on an already existing song and....it kind of works. The new album, I feel, is better than their last two, but I would still skip a few of these songs for the most part, like the two break up songs in this one. One of them is alright, but break up songs are not the reason I listen to Dragonforce.
    the three videos they released for the album are really great, totally hyped for the album, can't wait to get it today

Last edited by isi; 2019-09-27 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    the three videos they released for the album are really great, totally hyped for the album, can't wait to get it today

[video=youtube;Ht737SA3X1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht737SA3X1M[/vdeo]
    I was not a fan of the video, only because the violence got a little boring after a while, the video had near nothing to do with the song itself, and just the song being another break up song, although it does sound better than the others they've done lately.

At first I was laughing at the violence, but then it got boring.

I was not a fan of the video, only because the violence got a little boring after a while, the video had near nothing to do with the song itself, and just the song being another break up song, although it does sound better than the others they've done lately.

At first I was laughing at the violence, but then it got boring.
    i don't really understand what you mean by "just another break up song". but the video getting boring after a while, aye. song is still awesome

Another great episode, with a really subtle moral....

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

That is...the dumbest, most generic album title I've ever seen. That obviously doesn't necessarily mean the music is bad of course, but sheesh. FWIW I don't like the new Dragonforce. They took a nosedive when ZP left, though they tried for awhile. The new singer is...well he's not a bad singer, he just doesn't fit with them IMO. Then once Dave left that was it. The new drummer...isn't bad, he can do the speed, but he doesn't even have a fraction of the power Dave did. 2 more members have left recently too.

Another great episode, with a really subtle moral....
    I actually quit watching the show over a month ago...it's highly unlikely that I will ever see any more of S9. Don't get me wrong, I will always love S1-8 and the movie, but that's gonna be it for me. The first half of S9 wasn't awful, it just had a nonsensical main arc. The second half...has been like the worst OOC fanfiction I've ever seen.

That is...the dumbest, most generic album title I've ever seen. That obviously doesn't necessarily mean the music is bad of course, but sheesh. FWIW I don't like the new Dragonforce. They took a nosedive when ZP left, though they tried for awhile. The new singer is...well he's not a bad singer, he just doesn't fit with them IMO. Then once Dave left that was it. The new drummer...isn't bad, he can do the speed, but he doesn't even have a fraction of the power Dave did. 2 more members have left recently too.
    I can agree that the band isn't quite the same as it was before, and personally I too think their quality took a bit of a hit, but they still do put out some decent songs and I like to think this is their best album yet with the new singer.

I actually quit watching the show over a month ago...it's highly unlikely that I will ever see any more of S9. Don't get me wrong, I will always love S1-8 and the movie, but that's gonna be it for me. The first half of S9 wasn't awful, it just had a nonsensical main arc. The second half...has been like the worst OOC fanfiction I've ever seen.
    You might as well finish it, seems odd to not give it the basic respect, even if you don't like the episodes. Give it the send off after how long its been around. I know I don't like the movie, but I'd watch it any time.

A shame more folks aren't around anymore, we could do a stream of the last few episodes or something, maybe the movie.

I can agree that the band isn't quite the same as it was before, and personally I too think their quality took a bit of a hit, but they still do put out some decent songs and I like to think this is their best album yet with the new singer.

You might as well finish it, seems odd to not give it the basic respect, even if you don't like the episodes. Give it the send off after how long its been around. I know I don't like the movie, but I'd watch it any time.

A shame more folks aren't around anymore, we could do a stream of the last few episodes or something, maybe the movie.
    The last episode is so bad it makes me ill to see. I put it on the same level as the Star Trek Enterprise finale. So yeah that one doesn't get any respect from me. Also, I don't like the main arc of S9 (it's nonsensical). There were a few good side episodes (The Last Crusade was a great one for instance). But yeah, that epilogue can bugger off. There hasn't been a single episode since the end of the hiatus that I liked at all. They jumped the shark bigtime, so I'm just not watching anymore.

The last episode is so bad it makes me ill to see. I put it on the same level as the Star Trek Enterprise finale. So yeah that one doesn't get any respect from me. Also, I don't like the main arc of S9 (it's nonsensical). There were a few good side episodes (The Last Crusade was a great one for instance). But yeah, that epilogue can bugger off. There hasn't been a single episode since the end of the hiatus that I liked at all. They jumped the shark bigtime, so I'm just not watching anymore.
    They sort of jumped the shark back in S4 with Twilight becoming both an alicorn and a princess at the same time.