Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    [video=youtube;k1WT6dDw3WE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1WT6dDw3WE[/vieo]

Still trying to get used to the downward trend in the animation from the movie and all the voice changes. I get that celebrity VAs are expensive but that feels like not planning ahead to me! Still, as always, I'll give it a shot rather than rely on first impressions.
    The lower animation and VA cast change was expected. There was little chance we'd get movie quality animation and I won't miss many of the VAs, like for Pip and the villain.

I will say that even with the cheaper animation it does look alright, my only worry is that it looks stiffer and less fluid than the movie. I'm fine with the CG as long as its not rigid and looks like you can see the animator moving it, but we'll see in a couple weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Watching the trailer something hit me today. Fluttershy is incredibly strange for a pegasi as she's able to do something near magical, speaking to animals, that other pegasi just can't do whatsoever. Sort of lends credence to the trailer, Hitch, and earth ponies having their own magic.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Now they're just straight up showing what looks to be the first 3 minutes of the next special with a much better idea of what the animation is like, which I'm gradually getting used to.

The hardest new voice for me is Izzy; I miss Kimiko Glenn already.

And a reminder as to why: (2:28 on)

THOSE PIPES.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2022-05-14 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Sylvanas will just give her own head to Tyrande.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    [video=youtube;AktlwpiRbVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AktlwpiRbVw[/vdeo]

Now they're just straight up showing what looks to be the first 3 minutes of the next special with a much better idea of what the animation is like, which I'm gradually getting used to.
    The animation is definitely alright, especially for a CG show, but boy does it look stiff. Izzy is likely the biggest evidence of some of the issues with it. Before Zipp appears she looks incredibly tired or depressed and then the moment she smiles it almost feels like her model changed and the little hop she does is ill timed and kinda robotic.

I'll wait for the special, but the animation of G4 shows how much more expressive they could get with the characters and, and I'm not seeing that possibility here all that much, at least at the moment, the lack of it could be a detriment over G5's run.

The hardest new voice for me is Izzy; I miss Kimiko Glenn already.

And a reminder as to why: (2:28 on)

[video=youtube;70aTFFxIox8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70aTFFxIox8[/vdeo]

THOSE PIPES.
    That is definitely the one VA that I could use more of here.

Also, they just kinda spilled that person's groceries and Izzy stole like four of them, three disappeared, and one is on her head. That's an odd little moment.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2022-05-15 at 07:52 AM.

They updated those terrible CG models of the ponies in the Chip and Dale movie.