What did Equestria look like in the 80s?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    Whoop whoop!

By now I also have their characters and backstories all done! ;D
    I must read!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    [IMGd]https://derpicdn.net/img/2016/3/13/1107666/thumb.gif[/IMG]
    C...Calm down Jirvay D:

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Deleted
    Looks like Larson's left the shows writing staff, at least for now. He's no longer writing for S6.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    C...Calm down Jirvay D:

time for this dragon to retire to his cave
    g'nite everypony

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    [IMdG]https://derpicdn.net/img/2016/3/13/1107738/thumb.gif[/IMG]
    I approve of Rarity but not of the wierdness!

10+ Year Old Account
    Solaire hits rockbottom.
    Sig by Thor

Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    Solaire hits rockbottom.
    [IMG]http://ci.memecdn.com/897/9362897.jpg[/IG]
    He should be drinking some of that purple stuff.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    So, question:

The Motherboard is now working with all RAM and is recognizing all peripherals. It is outputting the video to the monitor and everything is peachy green lima bean.

Everything except the video card. When I plug it into the Mobo, neither the DVI Port on the Mobo or the Video Card will output an image.

So my question is: Should I declare the Video Card DoA and try out the other one (Since I bought 2 of everything for 2 computers), or should I install Windows 10 first to see if it's a Driver issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    So, question:

The Motherboard is now working with all RAM and is recognizing all peripherals. It is outputting the video to the monitor and everything is peachy green lima bean.

Everything except the video card. When I plug it into the Mobo, neither the DVI Port on the Mobo or the Video Card will output an image.

So my question is: Should I declare the Video Card DoA and try out the other one (Since I bought 2 of everything for 2 computers), or should I install Windows 10 first to see if it's a Driver issue?
    One thing is that while the card is in, it's normal for the mobo video ports to not work, so at least there's nothing strange there. I don't think it would be a driver issue, but I can't say for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, question:

Did you look in the bios and see if you've to turn an onbard gpu off? Sometimes it goofes stuff up, but is the monitor and cable alright? I guess you tried that on a different computer already?

I have the dumbs, you just wrote the monitor works.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you try to use something else than DVI on the GPU? Does it have an older plug or even HDMI that you could try? If that works, sometimes might be wrong with the DVI port.
    Sig by Thor

15+ Year Old Account

If you don't see anything on any video output when the card is plugged in, then drivers shouldn't change anything. Testing the card on another computer is best thing to do, and testing another card on that computer, since it might still be the mobo port used by the card that is dead (or anything related on mobo part), though less likely I'd say.
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokom View Post
    One thing is that while the card is in, it's normal for the mobo video ports to not work, so at least there's nothing strange there. I don't think it would be a driver issue, but I can't say for sure.
    Complicated issues are complicated!
    Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    Did you look in the bios and see if you've to turn an onbard gpu off? Sometimes it goofes stuff up, but is the monitor and cable alright? I guess you tried that on a different computer already?

I have the dumbs, you just wrote the monitor works.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you try to use something else than DVI on the GPU? Does it have an older plug or even HDMI that you could try? If that works, sometimes might be wrong with the DVI port.
    It might have a VGA

Ew VGA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    If you don't see anything on any video output when the card is plugged in, then drivers shouldn't change anything. Testing the card on another computer is best thing to do, and testing another card on that computer, since it might still be the mobo port used by the card that is dead (or anything related on mobo part), though less likely I'd say.
    Amazing. I got shipped... or I somehow broke... both a Mobo and a Video Card if that's the case.

Uhg, boss called to say we are going 5 hours later, this type of stuff gets really annoying.

You're a banana

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    You're a banana
    If only, then I'd be useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yay, an hour late home from work. Wanna guess why? I'll give you a hint. It involves the words "stupid", "fucking", "retarded", "dipshit", supervisor, and "forcibly removing genitalia to prevent him from procreating".
    Posted this a few days ago, seems relevant again. Also spent some time tonight at work in the bathroom with diarrhea.

Posted this a few days ago, seems relevant again. Also spent some time tonight at work in the bathroom with diarrhea.
    Time in the bathroom were the best times. I would love taking a break and having to drop the Browns at the Superbowl, it was like a big break and it was awesome. Of course this was when I was a stock guy, not at fast food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Time in the bathroom were the best times. I would love taking a break and having to drop the Browns at the Superbowl, it was like a big break and it was awesome. Of course this was when I was a stock guy, not at fast food.
    And now I've learned that we get notifications now when we are quoted.

And now I've learned that we get notifications now when we are quoted.
    I never noticed that.