Just got back from Endgame and holy shit.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I love that the My Little Pony theme can come after everything from "Twilight's been dragged down through a hellish portal to who knows where, everything's on fire, WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!" to today's...

OVERDUE. LIBRARY. BOOK. Those are serious business. Let's hope she doesn't have to face Conan The Librarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I love that the My Little Pony theme can come after everything from "Twilight's been dragged down through a hellish portal to who knows where, everything's on fire, WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!" to today's...

OVERDUE. LIBRARY. BOOK. Those are serious business. Let's hope she doesn't have to face Conan The Librarian.
    Yeah, sometimes the "problem" of the episode is....a bit silly, to say the least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Yeah, sometimes the "problem" of the episode is....a bit silly, to say the least.
    That's the point...as OCD as Twilight can be sometimes, "silly" things can seem quite serious to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    That's the point...as OCD as Twilight can be sometimes, "silly" things can seem quite serious to her.
    Yes, it is important to her, but is it important enough for the audience.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is important to her, but is it important enough for the audience.
    I thought it was a decent episode. Not one of the greatest sure, but it was good enough. Fun fact: it also proves what I've long suspected. It's been "about" 3 years since the first episode. Twilight said the fine would be "about" 1000 bits. We know it's 28 bits per month. 3 years is 1008 bits. She just didn't know it capped at 1 month so she had to pay 28.

That's not the only thing that indicates about how much time has passed, but it's neat that the math matches so exactly. Yes, I'm an egghead.

I thought it was a decent episode. Not one of the greatest sure, but it was good enough. Fun fact: it also proves what I've long suspected. It's been "about" 3 years since the first episode. Twilight said the fine would be "about" 1000 bits. We know it's 28 bits per month. 3 years is 1008 bits. She just didn't know it capped at 1 month so she had to pay 28.

That's not the only thing that indicates about how much time has passed, but it's neat that the math matches so exactly. Yes, I'm an egghead.
    Math is important, it's the same reason that Fry had so much money after 1000 years of being frozen.

Watched the Into The Spiderverse movie from Redbox. Absolutely nuts. It reminded me of when the dimensional mirror shattered in the Reflections MLP arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Watched the Into The Spiderverse movie from Redbox. Absolutely nuts. It reminded me of when the dimensional mirror shattered in the Reflections MLP arc.

[IMG]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/8/8e/Comic_issue_20_page_11.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20140619181056[/IG]
    It's amazing how Sony got it right so spectacularly after getting movies with multiple villains so very wrong twice. It definitely is a great movie.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pegasus wings really are hands. I mean we already knew that (the "fingers" are actual fingers with bones), but it's still cool to see in action.

Last edited by Stormspark; 2019-05-05 at 09:43 PM.

Pegasus wings really are hands. I mean we already knew that (the "fingers" are actual fingers with bones), but it's still cool to see in action.

[IMG]https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2019/5/5/2031249.gif[/MG]
    I think them bending back so much might be the most amazing thing.

When will the show have deep, complex characters, great worldbuilding and lore, and well-done drama? I’m talking about something like Breaking Bad or The Wire.

Or am I just gonna have to find another show if I want that?

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    When will the show have deep, complex characters, great worldbuilding and lore, and well-done drama? I’m talking about something like Breaking Bad or The Wire.

Unfortunately this isn't that kind of show. I will say that it would have been nice to have some of that, but it's the usual kid friendly kind of drama, if anything.

7+ Year Old Account

If you say it doesn't have complex characters, great worldbuilding, and lore...you obviously haven't watched it.

If you say it doesn't have complex characters, great worldbuilding, and lore...you obviously haven't watched it.
    I wouldn't say the characters are super complex, the world building is not very good (two major characters only have one episode dedicated to them to actually learn about them) with other lands outside of the country only visited in the movie, and the lore is only decent at best.

Unfortunately this isn't that kind of show. I will say that it would have been nice to have some of that, but it's the usual kid friendly kind of drama, if anything.
    I mean, there's only so much you can do under a TV-Y rating.

That it strue, but every so often a bit more bite to the stories would be nice.

Is there, though?

On the note of "other good shows to watch with quality characterization" the 2017 Ducktales, Gravity Falls, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Steven Universe, and The Dragon Prince come to mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is plenty of amazing stuff. You just have to look, because it's subtle. Sometimes in subtext. Other times in "how the hell did the censors miss that"?

Lately, when I go to a page, it says, "This page can't be displayed" for a brief moment, then takes me to the page.

How do I fix this?