Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    This is on topic right?

[video=youtube;lbC5ollXw9w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbC5ollXw9w[video]
    Unicorn Metal is the best metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Unicorn Metal is the best metal.

[video=youtube;NH3ftdIObbs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH3ftdIObbs[/vieo]
    I have one of their albums only because of this song.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Hello everyone!

Damn, this thread has seen better days hasn't it? And it looks like my old account "gielnik" has been made inaccessible due to a fandom.com merge, so I created this one to make this post.

Anyhow, I hope everyone's doing great! We might've grown apart over the years but I still recall our time together as a happy memory. Miss playing L4D2 with you guys.

Feel free to hit me up on steam steamcommunity.com/id/gielnik/ if someone wants to talk. About anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gielnik2 View Post
    Hello everyone!

Damn, this thread has seen better days hasn't it? And it looks like my old account "gielnik" has been made inaccessible due to a fandom.com merge, so I created this one to make this post.

Anyhow, I hope everyone's doing great! We might've grown apart over the years but I still recall our time together as a happy memory. Miss playing L4D2 with you guys.

Feel free to hit me up on steam steamcommunity.com/id/gielnik/ if someone wants to talk. About anything.
    Always good to see people stop by again. This show is on its last season and so is the thread TBH. We're coming up on 9 years of pony. It's been a good run, and I'm glad to have been a part of it.

Still can't believe this all started with you guys showing me this and me going "this show is unexpectedly funny, I guess I can watch up to whatever episode this clip is from..."

Always good to see people stop by again. This show is on its last season and so is the thread TBH. We're coming up on 9 years of pony. It's been a good run, and I'm glad to have been a part of it.

Still can't believe this all started with you guys showing me this and me going "this show is unexpectedly funny, I guess I can watch up to whatever episode this clip is from..."

[video=youtube;csPPqdbcVwM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csPPqdbcVwM[/vido]
    This show might be ending, but you know they'll try and make another series within the next couple of years.

- - - Updated - - -

Noticed the show ends just before my birthday, guess I'll have to marathon the last season on the small vacation I decided to take then.

Makes me wonder what everyone that used to be here is doing now.

7+ Year Old Account
    The first part of season 9 wasn't too bad...it had a nonsensical main arc but it had a couple of decent side episodes. The second half...has managed to completely jump the shark. Without getting into spoilers, the epilogue is so bad (the second worst series finale I've ever seen, the only one that's worse is Star Trek Enterprise, and it's not much worse)...I'm ready to just chuck season 9 in the metaphorical bin and pretend it ended with S8. I don't understand how it could get so terrible, so fast. Ugh. Oh well. I'm done. I will still always enjoy the first 8 seasons.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2019-09-02 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    The first part of season 9 wasn't too bad...it had a nonsensical main arc but it had a couple of decent side episodes. The second half...has managed to completely jump the shark. Without getting into spoilers, the epilogue is so bad (the second worst series finale I've ever seen, the only one that's worse is Star Trek Enterprise, and it's not much worse)...I'm ready to just chuck season 9 in the metaphorical bin and pretend it ended with S8. I don't understand how it could get so terrible, so fast. Ugh. Oh well. I'm done. I will still always enjoy the first 8 seasons.
    I look forward to reviewing each episode. Honestly, from what I remember season 5 wasn't much fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I look forward to reviewing each episode. Honestly, from what I remember season 5 wasn't much fun.
    Don't get me wrong. The previous seasons all had a couple episodes that I'd classify as not great. S8 in particular had Non-Compete Clause which was badly out of character. And S7 had Secrets and Pies which was badly out of character. But those are one-off missteps here and there. S9 is just...terrible overall. The first 13 suffered from the main arc making no sense whatsoever, there was a decent slice of life episode in there (The Last Crusade), and since that doesn't connect to the main arc you can ignore that for this one. But since the hiatus ended (14 and later), it's like a switch was flipped, and everything got MUCH MUCH worse. Everyone is BADLY BADLY out of character. It's like everyone became an exaggerated parody of themself, far worse than flanderization. She Talks to Angel just made me go...wtf? It's like the writers don't know them at all. And it keeps getting worse and worse as it goes on. It feels like the writers at this point are just pushing an agenda (like their ship fetishes - and for the record I'm not talking about LyraBon here, I am and always have been totally fine with that one). Everything feels badly forced, like nothing was planned out, and they are just trying to get away with as much as possible. The epilogue...continues this trend, only it takes this all up to 11 and everything more or less becomes an exaggerated parody, except it's not funny. The epilogue basically feels like bad fanfiction, only animated (also badly). We are talking Star Trek Enterprise finale levels of bad here. I'm just done with the show, as far as I'm concerned it ended with S8. The S7 finale would have made a better series end, but I can deal with the ending of S8. I'm not going to be watching any more of S9. (Yes, I have unfortunately seen the epilogue, I'm not just basing my bashing of it on leaked screenshots, I have seen it in its entirety.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to continue rewatches and I will always love the show. But I'm going to pretend everything beyond S8 just doesn't exist, except for The Last Crusade, I genuinely liked that one. That one also feels like it could've been written much earlier and just not used until now.

This is how I feel about S9:
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2019-09-03 at 07:49 PM.

I'll have to watch it to see what you are talking about, but sometimes shows just have poor endings or poor last seasons.

I thought the second half wasn't done yet and we were still waiting on the finale, unless you dug up one of the leaks.

I'm trying to steer clear of those, but still have high hopes. The Baddie Trio have been fantastic to watch work so it'll be pretty hard to ruin that for me with the finale.

Honestly I thought this show would jump the shark years ago and kept somewhat hoping for X season to be the last just to avoid becoming something like Fairly Odd Parents or Spongebob, but IMO the seasons have held up well enough. Certainly to a point I can't say "and that's when everything went to poop."

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought the second half wasn't done yet and we were still waiting on the finale, unless you dug up one of the leaks.

I'm trying to steer clear of those, but still have high hopes. The Baddie Trio have been fantastic to watch work so it'll be pretty hard to ruin that for me with the finale.

Honestly I thought this show would jump the shark years ago and kept somewhat hoping for X season to be the last just to avoid becoming something like Fairly Odd Parents or Spongebob, but IMO the seasons have held up well enough. Certainly to a point I can't say "and that's when everything went to poop."
    I have seen it, in its entirety. Yes, I dug up the leaks. But I agree, up to S8 it held up. S9's main arc never grabbed me, it felt forced and really out of place. That said, most of the first half was...ok I guess. The Last Crusade managed to be decent.

It gets worse and worse with every new episode I see since the hiatus ended. Jumping the shark doesn't cover it. The last episode jumps the shark about 84 times. I'm not going to spoil anything, but the entire last half of the season feels like they aren't even trying anymore, they aren't trying to keep things consistent and accurate, and it's like a contest to see how much they can get away with, and it just feels like they're pushing agendas rather than trying to keep the show good. It's like bad fanfiction. Imagine if a really good restaurant let random people in the kitchen, where they proceeded to make and serve piss and Pringles soup. The epilogue is SO bad, that it made me just want to completely discard the entirety of season 9 and just act like none of it happened, and the show ended with S8. I'm fine with Best Gift Ever and Rainbow Roadtrip as well (RR had some terrible voice acting from most of the new characters but it was otherwise good).
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2019-09-07 at 08:02 PM.

Steven Universe movie in a nutshell:

What a rollercoaster.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-09-06 at 01:48 AM.

SU movie in a nutshell:

[IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/4ba45ddec85412fc970afd9339d25ed5.png[/IM\G]
    [IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/92d18e186b54fe2d8c9b9323d7ac374b.png[/IG]

What a rollercoaster.
    One day there will be a sad rollercoaster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone replied to one of my derpi posts saying how absolutely awful S9 (especially the finale) is, and made some great points. "What really sandbagged the writing for S9 was that they tried to wrap up all the loose ends instead of treating it like a real world that doesn't wrap up nicely merely because the cameras are about to leave. That and they were chasing nostalgia from season 1+2 bandwagoners who stopped watching long ago, so the characterization and plots are wildly off for those of us who watched the rest of the series." The entire finale is just chasing trends, trying (badly) to force memes, and pushing agendas.

I have just removed S9 from my personal canon, deleted all the episodes, and I'm just going to pretend it ended with the S8 finale + Best Gift Ever + Rainbow Roadtrip. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't call S8 amazing, and I wouldn't say it's one of the best seasons, but it had a lot of great moments, even if it did have a couple missteps here and there. At least (for the most part, barring single episode missteps) everyone wasn't constantly out of character. The second half of S9 feels like a different show. Everyone constantly acts like either an exaggerated parody or a complete opposite of who they actually are. The first half had a lot more OOC moments than it should have, but at least it wasn't constant. But it suffered from a completely nonsensical main arc.

I just wish the people who were doing personal attacks and death threats on twitter would've kept their criticisms to the material. I fully supported all their criticisms, and I would've supported them if they hadn't made it personal and issued death threats. I mean, I understand how they feel, I feel betrayed by the finale too, but that's never an excuse to personally attack someone. That just makes the rest of us who absolutely despise S9 with the fiery passion of 1000 supernovas look bad.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2019-09-08 at 01:45 PM.

S
    I just wish the people who were doing personal attacks and death threats on twitter would've kept their criticisms to the material. I fully supported all their criticisms, and I would've supported them if they hadn't made it personal and issued death threats. I mean, I understand how they feel, I feel betrayed by the finale too, but that's never an excuse to personally attack someone. That just makes the rest of us who absolutely despise S9 with the fiery passion of 1000 supernovas look bad.
    I'll never understand the death threats or personal attacks when watching something you like. There's just no point to it.

I watched the finale with my friends for my Birthday. I absolutely adored it. Like both the two parter and epilogue were some of the best episodes of the show and wrapped up the show in such an amazing way. It was just such a climactic and fun finale and my emotions were high.

The main criticisms I have seen also have very little weight behind them.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone replied to one of my derpi posts saying how absolutely awful S9 (especially the finale) is, and made some great points. "What really sandbagged the writing for S9 was that they tried to wrap up all the loose ends instead of treating it like a real world that doesn't wrap up nicely merely because the cameras are about to leave. That and they were chasing nostalgia from season 1+2 bandwagoners who stopped watching long ago, so the characterization and plots are wildly off for those of us who watched the rest of the series." The entire finale is just chasing trends, trying (badly) to force memes, and pushing agendas.

I have just removed S9 from my personal canon, deleted all the episodes, and I'm just going to pretend it ended with the S8 finale + Best Gift Ever + Rainbow Roadtrip. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't call S8 amazing, and I wouldn't say it's one of the best seasons, but it had a lot of great moments, even if it did have a couple missteps here and there. At least (for the most part, barring single episode missteps) everyone wasn't constantly out of character. The second half of S9 feels like a different show. Everyone constantly acts like either an exaggerated parody or a complete opposite of who they actually are. The first half had a lot more OOC moments than it should have, but at least it wasn't constant. But it suffered from a completely nonsensical main arc.

Whoever said that about the finale is wrong by an objective metric, they do not wrap up everything nicely and they actively say that there will always be darkness in the world, its not a happily ever after, they do not wrap up every loose end either, just the main ones. There is no forced memes, the finale is played very seriously but has the shows staple comedy, there are no forced meme faces or lines, unless you count one reference to an iconic line...which come on that is fine in the finale of the entire show.

Based on all the criticisms I have read it is mostly directed at the epilogue and almost ALL of it is based on people upset that it exists and that they personally are not happy with the fact that it does exist rather than actual analysis of the epilogue itself "waah not the way I want" kind of thing, which is not healthy critique. As for the two parter, I see very little criticism over it unless you go somewhere like 4chan, which has been a beacon of negativity since...ever.

Hate to be that guy but there is also no such thing as personal canon in a TV series, I can't really understand why season 9 is apparently so awful that it shouldn't be canon but I also don't care for the inevitably hyperbolic reasons. You do have the point with a tiny amount of validity being the bad character moments in the 2nd half. However I think this mostly begins and ends in "2,4,6, Great" A Trivial Pursuit was just a send off to one of Twilight's most iconic personality traits, a bit jarring but fair in the end. Every episode after has not done what you said. Really just those two episodes, and only one of them felt like a complete melon of a writer not knowing what they are doing.

My thoughts on season 9 are overall very positive, it had a few duds like every season but for the most part it was a very strong season and played well to the characters, my main critique being that each main character should have had a proper final episode for their character. Pinkie got one mostly, and other characters had things close to that I guess, but not something like the Washouts from s8 could have been.

The villains arc was built up well and lead to a satisfying conclusion, probably one of the better arcs in the show.
    Last edited by ryanmahaffe; 2019-09-09 at 10:55 AM.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I watched the finale with my friends for my Birthday. I absolutely adored it. Like both the two parter and epilogue were some of the best episodes of the show and wrapped up the show in such an amazing way. It was just such a climactic and fun finale and my emotions were high.

The main criticisms I have seen also have very little weight behind them.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoever said that about the finale is wrong by an objective metric, they do not wrap up everything nicely and they actively say that there will always be darkness in the world, its not a happily ever after, they do not wrap up every loose end either, just the main ones. There is no forced memes, the finale is played very seriously but has the shows staple comedy, there are no forced meme faces or lines, unless you count one reference to an iconic line...which come on that is fine in the finale of the entire show.

Based on all the criticisms I have read it is mostly directed at the epilogue and almost ALL of it is based on people upset that it exists and that they personally are not happy with the fact that it does exist rather than actual analysis of the epilogue itself "waah not the way I want" kind of thing, which is not healthy critique. As for the two parter, I see very little criticism over it unless you go somewhere like 4chan, which has been a beacon of negativity since...ever.

Hate to be that guy but there is also no such thing as personal canon in a TV series, I can't really understand why season 9 is apparently so awful that it shouldn't be canon but I also don't care for the inevitably hyperbolic reasons. You do have the point with a tiny amount of validity being the bad character moments in the 2nd half. However I think this mostly begins and ends in "2,4,6, Great" A Trivial Pursuit was just a send off to one of Twilight's most iconic personality traits, a bit jarring but fair in the end. Every episode after has not done what you said. Really just those two episodes, and only one of them felt like a complete melon of a writer not knowing what they are doing.

My thoughts on season 9 are overall very positive, it had a few duds like every season but for the most part it was a very strong season and played well to the characters, my main critique being that each main character should have had a proper final episode for their character. Pinkie got one mostly, and other characters had things close to that I guess, but not something like the Washouts from s8 could have been.

The villains arc was built up well and lead to a satisfying conclusion, probably one of the better arcs in the show.
    You do you I guess. My opinion is the polar opposite, though I will say my most scathing comments were reserved for the epilogue.

You do you I guess. My opinion is the polar opposite, though I will say my most scathing comments were reserved for the epilogue.
    Having watched the epilogue, I have no idea what you would mean, as everyone is still in character and it's a very logical conclusion that fits in with the characters. I can't really say anymore because you know, spoilers
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Taking the time to catch up on a few episodes that I missed I made this:

A strange episode but I did love the song.