Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Taking the time to catch up on a few episodes that I missed I made this:

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/EIhsEUe.png[/IG]

A strange episode but I did love the song.
    Very appropriate.

I just have to wait about 3 weeks to watch it all.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I love how Sylvanas is 3x the size of Anduin in this. Feels fitting.
    To paraphrase Taliesin, "the conflict between The Horde and The Horde is reaching its conclusion....and the Alliance is there too."

[IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/991e31f8bff737f2d97e92bed417da1d.png[/IG]

I love how Sylvanas is 3x the size of Anduin in this. Feels fitting.
    To paraphrase Taliesin, "the conflict between The Horde and The Horde is reaching its conclusion....and the Alliance is there too."
    That's what happens when the Horde is far more interesting. With them being initially the underdogs and having such a wide array of characters with their leaders it's easy to make stories about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That's what happens when the Horde is far more interesting. With them being initially the underdogs and having such a wide array of characters with their leaders it's easy to make stories about them.
    nah, it's not about it being "easy" it's because most of the story writers are massive horde fanboys

Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    nah, it's not about it being "easy" it's because most of the story writers are massive horde fanboys
    Again, they have far varied personalities and with them being seen as the "monsters" you have more to work with. It's the usual flawed character being far more interesting because you seem them grow. It's why Fluttershy grows so much throughout the show as she has more to overcome or Vegeta as he grows when he casts of some of his issues.

Superman is rarely interesting because he has no room for growth as he's practically perfect, but watching Batman start to trust people and open up is exciting as you see him overcome his flaws. This is the same with humans and orcs. The humans are deemed pretty true in the moral scale; Varian was different in this regard as he was overcoming his warrior instincts, being split into two people, and trying to be a proper father. Anduin on the other hand is.....the essential boring boyscout, which can be written well, but not so much so far. The orcs can be easily written as monsters, but when you see them try and reconnect with who they once were, with shamanism, going to a new world to live without demons ruling them, and Thrall being a slave to help lead his people, that's interesting.

You're never going to see Mekatorque with a deep story that makes you think of him as a great character, but when you have these "monsters" of the Horde as others see that they are not the savages they once believed and you peer behind that veil you see a deeper personality to their people and leaders.

Even evil can be interesting, if done right. Arthas was done right, Illidan is also done right, especially at first as he made the hard choices to save his people and then kept going down that road, but of course Garrosh was done incredibly poorly and Sylvanas has been only slightly better in that regard. If I must say, and saying this always irks me, telling the story of Arthas and The Lich King would have been far more interesting than trying to tell a super condensed version of Warcraft 1 for the movie. Warcraft 1 would have been better as a Game of Thrones mini series rather than the movie we got.

Two absolute banger episodes in a row. I was never a fan of the Daring Do episodes, but this one really knocked it out of the park. I blame Fluttershy. She makes everything better.

Two absolute banger episodes in a row. I was never a fan of the Daring Do episodes, but this one really knocked it out of the park. I blame Fluttershy. She makes everything better.
    [video=youtube;1tUWZSwZlWc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tUWZSwZlWc[/vido]
    I look forward to binging the season in a couple of weeks.

Dragonforce does another take on an already existing song and....it kind of works. The new album, I feel, is better than their last two, but I would still skip a few of these songs for the most part, like the two break up songs in this one. One of them is alright, but break up songs are not the reason I listen to Dragonforce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonforce does another take on an already existing song and....it kind of works. The new album, I feel, is better than their last two, but I would still skip a few of these songs for the most part, like the two break up songs in this one. One of them is alright, but break up songs are not the reason I listen to Dragonforce.
    the three videos they released for the album are really great, totally hyped for the album, can't wait to get it today

Last edited by isi; 2019-09-27 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    the three videos they released for the album are really great, totally hyped for the album, can't wait to get it today

[video=youtube;Ht737SA3X1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht737SA3X1M[/vdeo]
    I was not a fan of the video, only because the violence got a little boring after a while, the video had near nothing to do with the song itself, and just the song being another break up song, although it does sound better than the others they've done lately.

At first I was laughing at the violence, but then it got boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was not a fan of the video, only because the violence got a little boring after a while, the video had near nothing to do with the song itself, and just the song being another break up song, although it does sound better than the others they've done lately.

At first I was laughing at the violence, but then it got boring.
    i don't really understand what you mean by "just another break up song". but the video getting boring after a while, aye. song is still awesome

Another great episode, with a really subtle moral....

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account

That is...the dumbest, most generic album title I've ever seen. That obviously doesn't necessarily mean the music is bad of course, but sheesh. FWIW I don't like the new Dragonforce. They took a nosedive when ZP left, though they tried for awhile. The new singer is...well he's not a bad singer, he just doesn't fit with them IMO. Then once Dave left that was it. The new drummer...isn't bad, he can do the speed, but he doesn't even have a fraction of the power Dave did. 2 more members have left recently too.

Another great episode, with a really subtle moral....
    I actually quit watching the show over a month ago...it's highly unlikely that I will ever see any more of S9. Don't get me wrong, I will always love S1-8 and the movie, but that's gonna be it for me. The first half of S9 wasn't awful, it just had a nonsensical main arc. The second half...has been like the worst OOC fanfiction I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    That is...the dumbest, most generic album title I've ever seen. That obviously doesn't necessarily mean the music is bad of course, but sheesh. FWIW I don't like the new Dragonforce. They took a nosedive when ZP left, though they tried for awhile. The new singer is...well he's not a bad singer, he just doesn't fit with them IMO. Then once Dave left that was it. The new drummer...isn't bad, he can do the speed, but he doesn't even have a fraction of the power Dave did. 2 more members have left recently too.
    I can agree that the band isn't quite the same as it was before, and personally I too think their quality took a bit of a hit, but they still do put out some decent songs and I like to think this is their best album yet with the new singer.

I actually quit watching the show over a month ago...it's highly unlikely that I will ever see any more of S9. Don't get me wrong, I will always love S1-8 and the movie, but that's gonna be it for me. The first half of S9 wasn't awful, it just had a nonsensical main arc. The second half...has been like the worst OOC fanfiction I've ever seen.
    You might as well finish it, seems odd to not give it the basic respect, even if you don't like the episodes. Give it the send off after how long its been around. I know I don't like the movie, but I'd watch it any time.

A shame more folks aren't around anymore, we could do a stream of the last few episodes or something, maybe the movie.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can agree that the band isn't quite the same as it was before, and personally I too think their quality took a bit of a hit, but they still do put out some decent songs and I like to think this is their best album yet with the new singer.

You might as well finish it, seems odd to not give it the basic respect, even if you don't like the episodes. Give it the send off after how long its been around. I know I don't like the movie, but I'd watch it any time.

A shame more folks aren't around anymore, we could do a stream of the last few episodes or something, maybe the movie.
    The last episode is so bad it makes me ill to see. I put it on the same level as the Star Trek Enterprise finale. So yeah that one doesn't get any respect from me. Also, I don't like the main arc of S9 (it's nonsensical). There were a few good side episodes (The Last Crusade was a great one for instance). But yeah, that epilogue can bugger off. There hasn't been a single episode since the end of the hiatus that I liked at all. They jumped the shark bigtime, so I'm just not watching anymore.

The last episode is so bad it makes me ill to see. I put it on the same level as the Star Trek Enterprise finale. So yeah that one doesn't get any respect from me. Also, I don't like the main arc of S9 (it's nonsensical). There were a few good side episodes (The Last Crusade was a great one for instance). But yeah, that epilogue can bugger off. There hasn't been a single episode since the end of the hiatus that I liked at all. They jumped the shark bigtime, so I'm just not watching anymore.
    They sort of jumped the shark back in S4 with Twilight becoming both an alicorn and a princess at the same time.

7+ Year Old Account
    They sort of jumped the shark back in S4 with Twilight becoming both an alicorn and a princess at the same time.
    Nah I'm ok with that. I just found the epilogue...extremely distasteful and out of character and EXTREMELY forced. And since there are a few things in there that just come out of nowhere, they did some REALLY BAD foreshadowing earlier in the season I guess so fewer people would say "what the fuck". It's a textbook example of how NOT to do foreshadowing. I was originally going to watch the rest of the season and just skip the last episode, but then I saw bad foreshadowing in a couple of the episodes and I was like nope, I'm done. Season 9 (with the exception of a couple of good slice of life pre-hiatus episodes that don't connect to the main arc) chucked in the bin.

I still loved the CMC episode regardless so that's 3 instant favorites in a row so far. IDK what episode it's supposed to turn to "OOC fanfiction" but for me it hasn't happened yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Nah I'm ok with that. I just found the epilogue...extremely distasteful and out of character and EXTREMELY forced. And since there are a few things in there that just come out of nowhere, they did some REALLY BAD foreshadowing earlier in the season I guess so fewer people would say "what the fuck". It's a textbook example of how NOT to do foreshadowing. I was originally going to watch the rest of the season and just skip the last episode, but then I saw bad foreshadowing in a couple of the episodes and I was like nope, I'm done. Season 9 (with the exception of a couple of good slice of life pre-hiatus episodes that don't connect to the main arc) chucked in the bin.
    Seems weird to write off half a season because of something else, but you do you.

The new drummer...isn't bad, he can do the speed, but he doesn't even have a fraction of the power Dave did. 2 more members have left recently too.
    Band members can switch out quite a bit, Freedom Call has something similar to that and they still have the same quality, but then again they haven't had to switch singers, so maybe there's that.

As you see they've had plenty of band members, even one returning to do drums for a bit.

Looks like Magic is doing a few MLP crossover cards for a charity event. Nightmare Moon does look the best and I like the cutie marks at the top of the cards, it's a nice little touch.

Last edited by Dontrike; 2019-10-04 at 08:42 AM.