10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I have cable and that "if you have cable stream" thing has been a thing since the mid 2000's, never could figure it out.

Honestly I'm not a fan of the streaming business right now, to watch everything you might be interested in you maybe have to spend as much as cable anyways. I know people with 6+ of them between Hulu, Amazon, Disney+, Netflix, and very specific others.
    I have Funimation, Crunchyroll, Hidive, and Netflix, and I don't really pay a lot. Though I've considered dropping Netflix, as it's easily the most expensive. The other three are only around $20 a month total. Amazon can kiss my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I have Funimation, Crunchyroll, Hidive, and Netflix, and I don't really pay a lot. Though I've considered dropping Netflix, as it's easily the most expensive. The other three are only around $20 a month total. Amazon can kiss my ass.
    I think it will be like microtransactions, too easy to lose track of how many services you have as you go "oh, it's just another $X a month I can do that" and suddenly you don't realize how much you're chucking out.

Personally I'll wait for the streaming services industry to calm down. Everyone will want to have their own and eventually they'll eat each other and we'll be back to having 2-4 again.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Reading through a Halloween themed MLP comic (fitting if a day late!) with little amusing side things dotted in the margins and, uhh...

Fluttershy seems to be enjoying herself. I think there's a name for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Halloween movie night starts with the 2nd Twilight movie, we chose a random bad one, and my god that movie is awful. It's like 2 hours of nothing happening with a 4 minute chase scene 75 minutes in.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it will be like microtransactions, too easy to lose track of how many services you have as you go "oh, it's just another $X a month I can do that" and suddenly you don't realize how much you're chucking out.

Personally I'll wait for the streaming services industry to calm down. Everyone will want to have their own and eventually they'll eat each other and we'll be back to having 2-4 again.
    Yep, my answer to the "streaming industry" is "yarrr". I'm not paying to stream things.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Yep, my answer to the "streaming industry" is "yarrr". I'm not paying to stream things.
    When the streaming industry was two or three things you didn't need to pirate, but when companies make their own, pull their stuff from other services, and you would have to buy another one suddenly piracy starts once again.

7+ Year Old Account
    When the streaming industry was two or three things you didn't need to pirate, but when companies make their own, pull their stuff from other services, and you would have to buy another one suddenly piracy starts once again.
    Yep, makes me glad I never jumped on board that train to begin with. I mostly stick with DVD still (I won't use Blu-ray until it's playable with VLC or Kodi, I will not use any proprietary programs to play them, would rather just use DVD) for things I really like. For things I want in HD, I will either rip a blu-ray or yarr it. Streaming never even enters my mind, I store all my media locally.

Yep, makes me glad I never jumped on board that train to begin with. I mostly stick with DVD still (I won't use Blu-ray until it's playable with VLC or Kodi, I will not use any proprietary programs to play them, would rather just use DVD) for things I really like. For things I want in HD, I will either rip a blu-ray or yarr it. Streaming never even enters my mind, I store all my media locally.
    I tend to make sure I buy my DVDs in a combo Blu-ray/DVD/digital combo, that way I can have access to physical and digital.

7+ Year Old Account
    I tend to make sure I buy my DVDs in a combo Blu-ray/DVD/digital combo, that way I can have access to physical and digital.
    I don't use the DRM'd "digital downloads" that come with those, I just rip the DVD or blu-ray myself.

I don't use the DRM'd "digital downloads" that come with those, I just rip the DVD or blu-ray myself.
    I don't download the movies myself, just use whatever site they want me to use to watch it. Moviesanywhere has a lot of my library from the last couple of years, but what holds more is my shelf where all my movies are. I don't own any movie purely digital.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have physical copies of some shows, but I only buy them when they're on sale. Though part of that is because anime is grossly overpriced. Only western shows I have the complete series of are Futurama and Scrubs. Although I saw a thing at work that has the complete Friends for like fifty bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I have physical copies of some shows, but I only buy them when they're on sale. Though part of that is because anime is grossly overpriced. Only western shows I have the complete series of are Futurama and Scrubs. Although I saw a thing at work that has the complete Friends for like fifty bucks.
    Yeah shows are oddly expensive, even older shows that have been out for some time.

Welp, that confirms it, I need a new computer. Went to do something in paint.net and my computer just went to a crawl. Not surprising, next March everything but the graphics card will be 8 years old.

And after having my phone for 5 months I finally set up my voice mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    And after having my phone for 5 months I finally set up my voice mail.
    who still uses voicemail instead of sending an sms or whatsapp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    who still uses voicemail instead of sending an sms or whatsapp?
    Straight Talk. Straight Talk does. Over and over and over again.

- - - Updated - - -

So here's something random. Claire Corlett, voice of Sweetie Bell, is in her first anime dub, as Mavis in "Didn't I say to Make My Abilities Average in My Next Life". Yes, that's the title. First episode was good. Very fourth wall breaking. Isekai anime that are self-aware typically are better off for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, that new stuff that was posted today that people are calling G4.5. I have no words. It's disgusting, Hasbro should be ashamed.

Last edited by Stormspark; 2019-11-13 at 05:29 PM.

Oh god, that new stuff that was posted today that people are calling G4.5. I have no words. It's disgusting, Hasbro should be ashamed.

Are you talking about those chibi looking ones?

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you talking about those chibi looking ones?
    Yes, at first I thought it was a troll, but nope it's official. It's basically a Teen Titans Go ripoff. One thing I will say though (there has been a ton of backlash). The memes are glorious.

Yes, at first I thought it was a troll, but nope it's official. It's basically a Teen Titans Go ripoff. One thing I will say though (there has been a ton of backlash). The memes are glorious.
    I haven't actually seen the designs when text wasn't in front of them, but I'm sure it's not going to be as bad as Go.