7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I haven't actually seen the designs when text wasn't in front of them, but I'm sure it's not going to be as bad as Go.
    I'm actually done as far as "new stuff"...I never considered myself a MLP fan anyway. I used to just be able to say I'm a fan of FIM, but I have to add conditionals even to that now. I will only consider seasons 1-8, the movie, and the two specials (best gift ever and rainbow roadtrip). Not planning on watching anything they make in the future. Good content will come from the fandom now, not from Hasbro.

I'm not going to stop being a fan of the stuff I like. I'm actually doing another rewatch now (my rewatches from this point will go seasons 1-7, movie, season 8, best gift ever, rainbow roadtrip). I'm still collecting art, I still read good fanfiction, but I'm done as far as "official" content. I've actually been done with that since July, the show ended on RR for me. I'm not really keen on seeing what Hasbro decides to spray out of their rectum from this point...I thought they had already hit rock bottom with the latter half of S9, but they've started digging.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2019-11-15 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Yes, at first I thought it was a troll, but nope it's official. It's basically a Teen Titans Go ripoff. One thing I will say though (there has been a ton of backlash). The memes are glorious.
    Is this it? Went digging through EqD.

It's like a sliding scale from Littlest Pet Shop to Teen Titans Go.

New nickname for whatever this winds up being: Littlest Pet Shop of Horrors.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually done as far as "new stuff"...I never considered myself a MLP fan anyway. I used to just be able to say I'm a fan of FIM, but I have to add conditionals even to that now. I will only consider seasons 1-8, the movie, and the two specials (best gift ever and rainbow roadtrip). Not planning on watching anything they make in the future. Good content will come from the fandom now, not from Hasbro.
    The comics are about as hit-and-miss as the show but I'd say they're worth checking out. Still would recommend Mcomix as a comic reader program, it's really good. I usually just wind up buying them when they're discounted in those giant bundles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Toys That Made Us has an episode on the MLP franchise, its quite interesting.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The comics are about as hit-and-miss as the show but I'd say they're worth checking out. Still would recommend Mcomix as a comic reader program, it's really good. I usually just wind up buying them when they're discounted in those giant bundles.
    This is true, some of the comics are pretty good too. As long as the comics don't take the nonsense in season 9 into account I'll definitely keep reading those.

This is true, some of the comics are pretty good too. As long as the comics don't take the nonsense in season 9 into account I'll definitely keep reading those.
    I'm still not sure what you meant by nonsense, outside of over using the same general plot multiple times throughout the season it wasn't awful, just not very good.

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GAeSbalvs9I/Xc3f1_xKm0I/AAAAAAADR7w/3d_DlZdzxjUSUbHSpuOiAG9W9M94sSrCACLcBGAsYHQ/s400/SPOILER_unknown.png[/IG]

I can certainly see the Go reference there, but I'm not going to make any judgements until whatever show these designs are for are done. Go's issue wasn't its character designs it was the terrible writing and jokes, plus the animation wasn't very good early on. I'm not a fan of the chibi look, but we'll see what comes of it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Rented the Dora The Explorer movie. The mashup of real world and cartoon logic was quite the ride.

It'd be like if there were just normal humans walking around the MLP universe. Just strange, right?

(And the drug trip scene was the best part. Everything makes sense now!)
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Rented the Dora The Explorer movie. The mashup of real world and cartoon logic was quite the ride.

It'd be like if there were just normal humans walking around the MLP universe. Just strange, right?

(And the drug trip scene was the best part. Everything makes sense now!)
    Good lord that looks hideous. But still better than G4.5.

Good lord that looks hideous. But still better than G4.5.
    Looks like an 80's artstyle for me. The problem though is not with the art style, but that the show was strictly made to sell toys and be made for an audience in the mid single digits rather making something that might have an impact.

When I found out the author who made Captain Underpants from my childhood made another series I gave it a shot and have been hooked. These Dog Man comics, especially the ones with L'il Petey, are just so gosh darn wholesome.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I'm surprised I didn't see this post before. It's good to know you were around even if we didn't notice.
    Thanks, still stopping in here now and again as always

I think it might have gone into a moderation queue and took a bit longer to post. I didn't see it immediately. Who would use their first post on mmoc to reply to a MLP thread with no ill intentions

Nice to see you got a set of the MLP themed magic cards. I'll have to look for those next time I talk to people who play. ("Everypony wins the game")

Quote Originally Posted by AlgalonLurker View Post
    Thanks, still stopping in here now and again as always

I think it might have gone into a moderation queue and took a bit longer to post. I didn't see it immediately. Who would use their first post on mmoc to reply to a MLP thread with no ill intentions

Nice to see you got a set of the MLP themed magic cards. I'll have to look for those next time I talk to people who play. ("Everypony wins the game")
    Good to see that you're still around. Eventually I have to get around to using those cards in an actual game.

Got randomly recommended this from 2Snacks second channel and I've got to say it's super rad.

Friendship Gundam > friendship lasers

Got randomly recommended this from 2Snacks second channel and I've got to say it's super rad.

[video=youtube;pQRcnMkBAMk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQRcnMkBAMk[/vieo]

Friendship Gundam > friendship lasers
    Okay, that song was pretty rad.

Did you hear? We're dead? D:

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm still a fan of what I'm a fan of. That doesn't include season 9 or Pony Death, but the stuff I AM a fan of I always will be, and it will never change. In fact, I'm in the process of commissioning two more plushies over the next month. The fandom hasn't been dependent on the show at all for quite awhile. And Hasbro, never.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of MLP, or Hasbro, and never have been (boy that confuses people at work, when I have to clarify what I am a fan of, because people that don't know just assume I'm an "MLP fan" and that's never been the case). I'm a fan of the first 8 seasons of FIM, and the movie (and throw the two specials in there too because they are decent). I'm also going to be going to Trotcon next year (partly because I live 2.7 miles from where it's held, but I would probably go anyway).
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2019-12-14 at 03:16 AM.

[video=youtube;2gh50g0TVMo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gh50g0TVMo&feature=emb_title[/vido]

[video=youtube;ZQrxH1CuuSA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQrxH1CuuSA[/vieo]
    The G4 fandom won't end any time soon, but we'll see how G5 or whatever this "G4.5" does for the MLP fandom as a whole.

A shame the last season wasn't very good though. Not terrible, but I definitely remember more not so great things than actually anything good. If the finale had one thing change *cough* Discord's reason for doing what he did *cough* then it would have been a bit better.

Saw Star Wars and.......it's a little boring. There are good things in it, it keeps you engaged, but overall it's not the most exciting. I say this as someone that can enjoy Star Wars, but is not a super fan.

Merry Christmachanquanzmas to all you fine folk.

Happy Winter Solstice thread.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Happy Winter Solstice thread.
    I'm cool with Winter Solstice or Hearthswarming. LOL.