Oh god, that new stuff that was posted today that people are calling G4.5. I have no words. It's disgusting, Hasbro should be ashamed.

Last edited by Stormspark; 2019-11-13 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Oh god, that new stuff that was posted today that people are calling G4.5. I have no words. It's disgusting, Hasbro should be ashamed.

Are you talking about those chibi looking ones?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Are you talking about those chibi looking ones?
    Yes, at first I thought it was a troll, but nope it's official. It's basically a Teen Titans Go ripoff. One thing I will say though (there has been a ton of backlash). The memes are glorious.

Yes, at first I thought it was a troll, but nope it's official. It's basically a Teen Titans Go ripoff. One thing I will say though (there has been a ton of backlash). The memes are glorious.
    I haven't actually seen the designs when text wasn't in front of them, but I'm sure it's not going to be as bad as Go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I haven't actually seen the designs when text wasn't in front of them, but I'm sure it's not going to be as bad as Go.
    I'm actually done as far as "new stuff"...I never considered myself a MLP fan anyway. I used to just be able to say I'm a fan of FIM, but I have to add conditionals even to that now. I will only consider seasons 1-8, the movie, and the two specials (best gift ever and rainbow roadtrip). Not planning on watching anything they make in the future. Good content will come from the fandom now, not from Hasbro.

I'm not going to stop being a fan of the stuff I like. I'm actually doing another rewatch now (my rewatches from this point will go seasons 1-7, movie, season 8, best gift ever, rainbow roadtrip). I'm still collecting art, I still read good fanfiction, but I'm done as far as "official" content. I've actually been done with that since July, the show ended on RR for me. I'm not really keen on seeing what Hasbro decides to spray out of their rectum from this point...I thought they had already hit rock bottom with the latter half of S9, but they've started digging.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2019-11-15 at 02:44 AM.

Is this it? Went digging through EqD.

It's like a sliding scale from Littlest Pet Shop to Teen Titans Go.

New nickname for whatever this winds up being: Littlest Pet Shop of Horrors.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually done as far as "new stuff"...I never considered myself a MLP fan anyway. I used to just be able to say I'm a fan of FIM, but I have to add conditionals even to that now. I will only consider seasons 1-8, the movie, and the two specials (best gift ever and rainbow roadtrip). Not planning on watching anything they make in the future. Good content will come from the fandom now, not from Hasbro.
    The comics are about as hit-and-miss as the show but I'd say they're worth checking out. Still would recommend Mcomix as a comic reader program, it's really good. I usually just wind up buying them when they're discounted in those giant bundles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

The Toys That Made Us has an episode on the MLP franchise, its quite interesting.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The comics are about as hit-and-miss as the show but I'd say they're worth checking out. Still would recommend Mcomix as a comic reader program, it's really good. I usually just wind up buying them when they're discounted in those giant bundles.
    This is true, some of the comics are pretty good too. As long as the comics don't take the nonsense in season 9 into account I'll definitely keep reading those.

This is true, some of the comics are pretty good too. As long as the comics don't take the nonsense in season 9 into account I'll definitely keep reading those.
    I'm still not sure what you meant by nonsense, outside of over using the same general plot multiple times throughout the season it wasn't awful, just not very good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

[IMG]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GAeSbalvs9I/Xc3f1_xKm0I/AAAAAAADR7w/3d_DlZdzxjUSUbHSpuOiAG9W9M94sSrCACLcBGAsYHQ/s400/SPOILER_unknown.png[/IG]

I can certainly see the Go reference there, but I'm not going to make any judgements until whatever show these designs are for are done. Go's issue wasn't its character designs it was the terrible writing and jokes, plus the animation wasn't very good early on. I'm not a fan of the chibi look, but we'll see what comes of it.