So how is everyone doing thanks to the virus?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    So how is everyone doing thanks to the virus?
    Wait there is a virus going round? I hadnt noticed since i never leave the house.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Wait there is a virus going round? I hadnt noticed since i never leave the house.
    That there is, my school I work for has essentially shut down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    If I didn't have to work, I'd be the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Basically nothing changed for me except for work, I get to work from home until this is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Basically nothing changed for me except for work, I get to work from home until this is over.
    I can't wait for that to happen to me. The school is closing various rooms and students are at home while most faculty are teaching over the internet. Right now everything is up in the air. I've heard they may open up laboratories for classes, but that sounds like it opens up a can of worms and they just unplugged all of vending machines. No reason to bring students in if you are shutting things down.

I can only hope they shut it down and keep us home before I get sick (I'm sure I'll get sick) so I don't burn through my sick time and then vacation time.At least they said no one will be fired. There's also the chance that they would pay us, at least for a bit, so that would be great.

Unfortunately all I'm doing is disinfecting offices and bathrooms and not much else as extra cleaning was to be put on hold until further notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been able to hide in the backroom since this started, but today I'm gonna be stuck with the masses, and I really don't wanna.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I've been able to hide in the backroom since this started, but today I'm gonna be stuck with the masses, and I really don't wanna.
    I get that, it's no fun. If they open up some classes again that's just gonna fuck a bunch of people over.

Welp I'm off for the next two weeks of work 'cause of the shutdown in Ohio and the school, but I still get paid during it AND if I do get sick I won't have to burn through my sick time and maybe vacation time.

7+ Year Old Account
    We had a team meeting (over a conference call) today...we're going to be working from home for another month. They expect things to return to normal near the middle/end of April.

We had a team meeting (over a conference call) today...we're going to be working from home for another month. They expect things to return to normal near the middle/end of April.
    that's about what I figure. I'm sure I'll be out two more weeks after these two weeks are over.

Welp, looks like I'm out of work until the beginning of next month, but at least I get paid, albeit with no earning of vacation hours. Sounds good to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, a jug of peanuts that I'm sure I've had for upwards of 4-5 years still hasn't expired. Nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still working, but it's getting worse here. Apparently we're on a firing freeze, and there are a number of people that do not deserve to be here. All the changes, all the limitations, all of it is just raising my anxiety. Going to the store each week hoping I can get what I need, now hoping cops don't start harassing me with the new rules. Wondering what will happen if I get a virus, because I sure as hell won't be able to afford it, and I'm sure it'd come from someone not listening. Assuming my body is strong enough to fight it anyway. My one main hobby is limited due to companies effectively shutting down, which does not help.

Still working, but it's getting worse here. Apparently we're on a firing freeze, and there are a number of people that do not deserve to be here. All the changes, all the limitations, all of it is just raising my anxiety. Going to the store each week hoping I can get what I need, now hoping cops don't start harassing me with the new rules. Wondering what will happen if I get a virus, because I sure as hell won't be able to afford it, and I'm sure it'd come from someone not listening. Assuming my body is strong enough to fight it anyway. My one main hobby is limited due to companies effectively shutting down, which does not help.
    Didn't Wal-Mart start creating a time for employees to shop? I've seen mine allow them to do so at night before shoppers are allowed in (after moving from 24 hour to about 12 hours).

It's understandable that you are stressed by this. The best you can do is try not to touch your hands, wash or sanitize them often, and do your best to not touch your face.

Hell, I found out that I was cleaning an office of someone that got the virus during the time that employees were still there, looks like I'm in the clear from that by this point at least.

Hopefully you stay safe and don't push yourself too much, be safe and try to let those worries go. If you do have some worries try and buy a bit more food just in case you can't go to work, not hoarding of course, but enough to last you a couple of weeks if need be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Wal-Mart start creating a time for employees to shop? I've seen mine allow them to do so at night before shoppers are allowed in (after moving from 24 hour to about 12 hours).
    Nope. The store closes at 8:30, and we're allowed to shop after that. Except, you know, we're on the clock. But I've been going to a grocery store anyway which has better options.

Nope. The store closes at 8:30, and we're allowed to shop after that. Except, you know, we're on the clock. But I've been going to a grocery store anyway which has better options.
    For me Wal-Mart and Aldi's is the options. I mean I have about five other stores around me within the same distance, but those two have the better deals among them. No idea how people can buy things at Giant Eagle, they're easily 10-35% more expensive for every item.

Sucks though that they don't give you a proper time to shop. When the next higher position comes along you should definitely try and grab it.

Every cartoon on YouTube now is just dark parodies of cartoons you watched growing up.

"Dude, I took this kids' cartoon and put violence, swearing and sex in it! I'm so original and subversive!". Taking something for kids and putting violence, swearing and sex in it was played out when Robot Chicken did it back in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Every cartoon on YouTube now is just dark parodies of cartoons you watched growing up.

"Dude, I took this kids' cartoon and put violence, swearing and sex in it! I'm so original and subversive!". Taking something for kids and putting violence, swearing and sex in it was played out when Robot Chicken did it back in 2005.
    Really? Seems more like the current wave of most cartoons are stuck in the Teen Titans Go era of things, with only one or two able to pull it off.

7+ Year Old Account
    For me Wal-Mart and Aldi's is the options. I mean I have about five other stores around me within the same distance, but those two have the better deals among them. No idea how people can buy things at Giant Eagle, they're easily 10-35% more expensive for every item.

Sucks though that they don't give you a proper time to shop. When the next higher position comes along you should definitely try and grab it.
    Depends on the item...I've seen them have better deals on some stuff. Here, Walmart and Giant Eagle are literally right next to each other.

Depends on the item...I've seen them have better deals on some stuff. Here, Walmart and Giant Eagle are literally right next to each other.
    You might be able to find a deal, but over here the deal just makes it the low price I can find elsewhere. Only reason I step into Giant Eagle it to pay the rent at the bank inside of it.