Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    It's a mock-up. Your issue isn't with the console, but the person doing the graphic? A non-issue if i've ever seen one. Had this been the prototype out for display, then yea ok fine, but it's an artist rendering...that's not be based on anything.
    Yes, that's exactly what I said. My "issue" was that the controller looked like shit when talking about the mock up. Like they barely tried. It's the 3rd post in this thread. Did you read that far? Or are you just reading too much into my "issue" and blowing things out of proportion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    Seems they haven't learned from their mistake.
    i7-4770k, Noctua NHD15, 16gb RipjawsX, Asus Z87A mobo, GTX 970 Palit, Samsung EVO 240GB SSD, WDC Black 1TB, Corsair HX850, XigmatekTalon case, Logitech G910 keyboard/G502 mouse.

I'm happy to help to test paladin-related stuff. I have 6 Ret pallies.

Also currently playing: S4 HC Crusader @ Diablo 3: RoS and SC2: Legacy of the Void

Baton passed to Video Game Discussion, since it's the more appropriate forum, and I don't see a thread about it there.

I think they could at least do decently if they start pumping out really good Sonic games at least, and then expand into other IPs. I mean...they were just saving the real Sonic games til this...right guys...?

But even then, they would be directly competing with Nintendo, which honestly, despite the Wii U not doing amazing, is still something other companies seem to avoid doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Well, the console looks okay. The controller looks terrible.
    The contoller looks like a combination of playstation and xbox with playstation analog placement, and since thats one of the biggest differences with the console. They wanna make a good choice they should make it compatible with both ps4 and xbox one controller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs to go onto Kickstarter, they could get the money to buy up enough exclusives to make it competitive. If they manage to get Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed ports, they can survive. If they can put a decent Sonic game, a Power Stone reboot, and a flashy new IP as their launch titles, they can thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Baton passed to Video Game Discussion, since it's the more appropriate forum, and I don't see a thread about it there.

I think they could at least do decently if they start pumping out really good Sonic games at least, and then expand into other IPs. I mean...they were just saving the real Sonic games til this...right guys...?

But even then, they would be directly competing with Nintendo, which honestly, despite the Wii U not doing amazing, is still something other companies seem to avoid doing.
    Wouldn't change the fact that they do not have the infrastructure nor capability to fund anything of the sort.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I see you only get your news from shitty websites or your trending sidebar on Facebook. They are not bringing it back. It's a petition to maybe have them bring it back. Please do your research before wasting peoples time with your bs. Theres no way in hell Sega would even risk making another console. Give me a break. All you nostalgia losers who want a dead console back are absolutely ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    [Shadowmourne, I went to Icecrown and was hoping for Frostmourne but all I got was this lame axe]

I love my Dreamcast but this is pointless and stupid. Sega are a bad company, they are a greedy bunch of has beens who will try to milk their customers dry while shitting on their own game franchises.. Sega ruined their reputation as far back as the Mega Drive, the Dreamcast was actually the best thing they ever did but it was way too late to save that sinking ship, even with something as incredible as the Dreamcast.

A Dreamcast 2 is not gonna happen, if it does it will never live up to the original in terms of quality and it would probably fail harder than the original in terms of market share and lifespan.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

What about Echo the Dolphin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I love my Dreamcast but this is pointless and stupid. Sega are a bad company, they are a greedy bunch of has beens who will try to milk their customers dry while shitting on their own game franchises.. Sega ruined their reputation as far back as the Mega Drive, the Dreamcast was actually the best thing they ever did but it was way too late to save that sinking ship, even with something as incredible as the Dreamcast.

A Dreamcast 2 is not gonna happen, if it does it will never live up to the original in terms of quality and it would probably fail harder than the original in terms of market share and lifespan.
    I don't think it was too late in terms of Sega, that console could have saved them. But the PS2 happened...

they need to just stick to games only.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    should make it compatible with both ps4 and xbox one controller.
    Would never happen unless it ran on Windows 10, or MS/Sony made drivers for the controllers which wouldn't happen.

Anyways, this shit is faker then a $5,000 boob job can't believe this has 3 pages on people commenting like it's real or could happen.

This isn't happening. Sega has already commented on it and there will not be a dreamcast 2.

http://gizmodo.com/331382/rumor-smas...on-dreamcast-2
    Sega's put a stop to the Dreamcast 2 rumors quickly, reiterating that they're going to stay a software company and not re-enter the console business. They told GameDaily this:
    We're very happy being a platform agnostic company and have moved up the ranks the past three years from #11, to #9, and now stand at #6 in terms of our market share by units among third-party publishers. We like our current strategy and have no plans to change in the middle of this outstanding growth.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I don't think it was too late in terms of Sega, that console could have saved them. But the PS2 happened...
    Dreamcast got canned because the company was in financial crisis not because it sold like shit, in fact the system got to 10 million sold faster then both the original Xbox and Gamecube did. Hell it got to 10 million WAY faster then the Wii U did for the record. At the time of launch in the US the dreamcast was the most successful console launch revenue wise, obviously the PS2 would dwarf it a year later but the PS2 was a monster that destroyed the Xbox and Gamecube in sales as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    So many Sega haters lol. My brothers and I had loads of fun on the Dreamcast, it wasn't the best console but it definitely wasn't terrible.
    Nah, I don't think anyone hates Sega, they had some good stuff back in the days, and Dreamcast is considered to be a good console despite its massive commercial failure. But Sega has not been able to produce anything worth mentioning after they went software only, and the market is tough as hell, so I think people are rather pessimistic about their chances of making a triumphant return with a whole new game system.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This isn't happening. Sega has already commented on it and there will not be a dreamcast 2.

http://gizmodo.com/331382/rumor-smas...on-dreamcast-2
    It's sad people need a link confirmation to spot an obvious fake rumor.

Considering that they can't make a good sonic game out of 10 of them, this will probably kill them if they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Dreamcast got canned because the company was in financial crisis not because it sold like shit, in fact the system got to 10 million sold faster then both the original Xbox and Gamecube did. Hell it got to 10 million WAY faster then the Wii U did for the record. At the time of launch in the US the dreamcast was the most successful console launch revenue wise, obviously the PS2 would dwarf it a year later but the PS2 was a monster that destroyed the Xbox and Gamecube in sales as well.
    There was many factors that hurt Sega.

One was the Sega Saturn was shit and releasing another console soon after it hit there wallet hard. Second the Dreamcast was way underpowred compared to the Ps2. Third the system was super easy to hack and play burned games. Finally it cost way too dam much.

It was a great console in theory but was bad when delivered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's sad people need a link confirmation to spot an obvious fake rumor.
    Ya this thread can be closed now this is really old news.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    What about Echo the Dolphin?
    Wasn't that Ecco?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There was many factors that hurt Sega.

One was the Sega Saturn was shit and releasing another console soon after it hit there wallet hard. Second the Dreamcast was way underpowred compared to the Ps2. Third the system was super easy to hack and play burned games. Finally it cost way too dam much.
    The PS2 was very slightly stronger then the DC, way under powered is some crazy ass hyperbole. In fact I would say dreamcast games look better then PS2 games thanks to a superior color palette(the ps2 faded colors always where bad) and having native VGA support which blew s-video out of the water for IQ. Rest of the points are correct.