Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Why they want to waste all that money? Make games, let some one else deal with the console.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

sega is a mere shell of what they once were. they're hardly competing in software, and have been in a decline for many, many years. I can't imagine they have the money, nor the resources, or experience to get back into the console business again.

Quote Originally Posted by c000 View Post
    sega is a mere shell of what they once were. they're hardly competing in software, and have been in a decline for many, many years. I can't imagine they have the money, nor the resources, or experience to get back into the console business again.
    They don't and aren't. The whole article is poorly reported and basically a bunch of clickbaiter's jumping the gun on some person who made a petition to try and get sega to make a new console/improved version of an existing console.

Quote Originally Posted by c000 View Post
    According to something linked earlier in the thread they claim to be apparently on the rise again, though I have no clue who they've supposedly surpassed. There aren't that many big publishers after all.

As for the Steam Box like deals, there have been tons of discussions and so far no one has really been able to convince me how they would go and actually build a 300-400$ dedicated gaming device that is worth shit as a PC base where you don't have the devs constantly dumb down the graphics themselves like they do for consoles. It would be very hard to give the care free experience of a console without the devs/publishers specifically optimizing their games for your system. One of the many reasons why the steam box is a rather odd concept.

If they bring back the shining force games I'd get it.

They would sell more if it was the Genesis 2.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    Yes. Its not meant to compete with the ps4 and xbox directly. Its to give the PC market an entrance for living room gaming. That's the biggest problem with the Steam machine. The cost to buy or build one that competes graphically with the consoles and still fits in the living room is too high. Still costs ~500 bucks to get one with reasonable performance. I honestly think an all in one machine in the 300 dollar range is completely doable and could certainly outperform the consoles in most games.
    Steam machines are a failed concept. Time to move on.

There is PC gaming, there is console gaming. You can't try to be both. People who want a gaming PC don't want some cheap ass piece of junk running a non windows OS. People who want a console will go and buy one and plug and play it. The end.

Sega making a steam machine like box, man I have seen some silly shit in this thread(especially considering it took 3 pages for people to realize this was fake and even past that people still didn't) but that has to take the cake.

You don't see Steam Machines for $300 because the box would be an absolute pile of dog shit for gaming. Even the cheapest ones in the $400-500 range are absolute shit and only really worth a crap for playing indies or older games on linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is PC gaming, there is console gaming. You can't try to be both.
    What. The whole idea of Xbox franchice was to take PC gaming and dumb it down to console markets which in turn made PC gaming worse off overall for ages.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    What. The whole idea of Xbox franchice was to take PC gaming and dumb it down to console markets which in turn made PC gaming worse off overall for ages.
    What? Since when was xbox attempting to dumb down pc gameing? Iv been with them since OG Xbox and iv NEVER goten that from thier marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Every Xbox console has been the very definition of a console. Not sure what the hell you're talking about.

Yeah there is no Dreamcast 2....this is all rumor and nothing more.

SEGA is out of the console business, pure and simple.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would probably buy that only if it had a the full support of SEGA and a decent sonic title to launch with. It's actually kind of sad that that's all it would take to make me drop hundreds of dollars on a new system -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Yeah there is no Dreamcast 2....this is all rumor and nothing more.

SEGA is out of the console business, pure and simple.
    Thank god, no one needs another Ouya

Deleted
    Bundle it with Skies of Arcadia 2 and I will buy six of the fuckers

The one and only Sega console I bought was the Dreamcast, back in '99. I am truly thankful for it exposing me to the wonder that is Soul Calibur. So I can't be against this...I mean, I LOVED that system, not just for Soul Calibur either. I would buy it just for the nostalgia element.

But one person's nostalgia doesn't pay a company's salary, sadly. Sega would have to make new game IPs at an INSANE level to catch up to the glory it once had in the 90's. Plus, I've always been against the console wars in general--I wouldn't mind if they all merged, and you could get any software, on every platform, from here until the end of time.

Kinds stupid considering the console market is rapidly dying to anyone who is informed and migrate the PC gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Kinds stupid considering the console market is rapidly dying to anyone who is informed and migrate the PC gaming.
    No it isn't. Its not even close to dying. The Ps4 and XB1 is outselling the Ps3/360 in the same timeframe. The Ps4 is selling so well its set to outsell the Ps2.

The console market isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The sells alone prove it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No it isn't. Its not even close to dying. The Ps4 and XB1 is outselling the Ps3/360 in the same timeframe. The Ps4 is selling so well its set to outsell the Ps2.

The console market isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The sells alone prove it.
    I baffled people can play consoles with a straight face honestly today. I feels like such a waste of money for the literally one or 2 exclusive games that are pretty average as far as games go.

Halo 5 is laughable and is countered by PC having CS:GO / Overwatch / Team Fortress ect.
    Last of Us. GG Isometric RPGS and point and clicks tell better stories
    Bloodborn LOL?
    Uncharted OMG Graphics! Too bad PC graphics make uncharted look shit.

And thats all the console exclusives in a nutshell. YAY!

Ninetendo has a huge list of it's own products so they are outside the conversation.