Classic Games from my past i've enjoyed.

Just been talking to a friend about when we were growing up and some of the games we sat and enjoyed in our youth.

3 Games i really enjoyed which i spent a lot of time playing were

Millenium 2.2
    Deuteros (Millenium 2.2 Sequel)
    Street Rod

Graphics were not amazing, but very enjoyable to play.

What about you lot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Legend of Zelda of course. My mom still has the song stuck in her head.

The old X-Wing game for PC. A lot of the old D&D PC games as well, like Dark Queen of Krynn.

Also, oddly enough, a bunch of Freeware games...you might remember them being like 50 on a CD, basically a big demo disc. Never could buy any of them since I had no money or spent what money I had on GI Joes, but played a shit ton of those discs.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

No point in naming all the classics everyone knows and expects anyway. How about some obscure under-the-radar games that never were big or perhaps didn't even get overly favorable reviews or anything, but you still enjoyed individually?

I think my friends and I used to be way less anal and pseudo-critic-like about games back then. You kind of played what you had, it didn't matter that much what some review said and we didn't obsess that much over graphics, features, "facts" and all that. It was more about actually playing games than this smartassing around in the age of the internet where everyone's a critic.

Right now I randomly remembered two NES games I used to play the heck out of, but no one else seemed to be aware of. There was Street Gangs - I believe it was called River City Ransom in the US. I think it was actually very popular in Japan, but not at all in the western world. It was a kind of an odd genre mix where you were running around in a continuous city layout (today people call that kind of thing "open world") and beating up thugs like in Double Dragon and similar games. You could also pick up baseball bats, trash cans, chains, stones etc. and use them to beat the crap out of the bad guys.

The cool thing about it that you could farm cash and spend it in shopping malls on cool upgrades that not only gave you more life, better defense, faster recovery etc., but also special moves like chain punching/kicking technique, special throws, stomping on guys, more damage with weapons etc., which introduced a little bit of a RPG-style character progression. Seems standard today, but that wasn't really a thing in action-oriented games back then. And of course, co-op was always twice the fun.

It's not a particularly brilliant game or anything, but just kind of fun, it had a distinct charme and could get quite challenging.

The other one was Shatterhand, which was actually objectively a very good game, with great graphics for the time, precise controls, a cool soundtrack and fun level design. It was a dystopian action plattformer and you played this dude with biomechanical fists or something. It was like a mix of Megaman, Contra, Shinobi and stuff like that. You had three power up slots and different combinations of power up symbols spawned different types of hovering bots with unique special attacks that fired off whenever you punched bad guys.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2015-12-23 at 04:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    River City Randsom was a super popular game...at least among my friends growing up. Not sure how it succeeded overall though. I had one friend who was obsessed with it and still referenced it all throughout high school.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Deleted
    Universe on the Amiga, a game I really enjoyed & I rarely like point & clicks.
    Turrican was another great one. - A shame, Black Forest Games (Giana sisters etc) were hoping to get the rights to make a new version, it fell through
    Flashback & Another World.
    Not forgetting Myth.

So many memories of the good old games of the Amiga

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 2/3

The Jak & Daxter series

The Kingdom Hearts series

Three franchises that really stuck with me.