Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzard wants to bring tanks back to Rated PvP like in s7, thought? concerns?

If any1 arened back in s7 during Wrath, you may remember how OP were Prot wars, Prot Pallies (who did higher burst+sustain than Rets + never died) or Prot/Holy Pallies who could top off 90% hp in 1 cast and they never died.

I was looking through some of the pvp talents for prot specs: on top of crazy survival they got some sick dps abilities asp Blood Dk: Decomposing Aura (all enemies within 8 yards lose 2% of max hp every 2 sec, stacking up 10 times"
    Now this stuff is pretty insane in arena or even RBG if u can stick to EFC.
    Do you think guys Blizzard will manage to balance prot specs in Rated PvP or we will get some more 3x tank abomination teams in 3s and 2x tanks in 2s. (I believe in WOD s1 there was a 3x tank 2.7k cr team in Europe: Blood Dk/Brew/Brew).

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    If any1 arened back in s7 during Wrath, you may remember how OP were Prot wars, Prot Pallies (who did higher burst+sustain than Rets + never died) or Prot/Holy Pallies who could top off 90% hp in 1 cast and they never died.

I was looking through some of the pvp talents for prot specs: on top of crazy survival they got some sick dps abilities asp Blood Dk: Decomposing Aura (all enemies within 8 yards lose 2% of max hp every 2 sec, stacking up 10 times"
    Now this stuff is pretty insane in arena or even RBG if u can stick to EFC.
    Do you think guys Blizzard will manage to balance prot specs in Rated PvP or we will get some more 3x tank abomination teams in 3s and 2x tanks in 2s. (I believe in WOD s1 there was a 3x tank 2.7k cr team in Europe: Blood Dk/Brew/Brew).
    They are also bringing back healer DPS.

It seems that they are not learning from past mistakes.

Deleted
    Not going to be a problem. Reason why, is that with the artifact being introduced people are forced to chose a spec (doubt that alot going to level more than 1 artifact fully) if they are into pvp. The reason it is possible right now even to do LFR/LFG is because alot got Prot as a off spec. Not alot of people got it as main, unless they are in a great raiding guild.
    So my guess would be, that it might get overpowered , but not being over represented in the beginning. But as people get to level some alts, they begin to pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Not going to be a problem. Reason why, is that with the artifact being introduced people are forced to chose a spec (doubt that alot going to level more than 1 artifact fully) if they are into pvp. The reason it is possible right now even to do LFR/LFG is because alot got Prot as a off spec. Not alot of people got it as main, unless they are in a great raiding guild.
    So my guess would be, that it might get overpowered , but not being over represented in the beginning. But as people get to level some alts, they begin to pop up.
    That makes it worse. It's like legendary weapons in PVP again. A couple people have a huge power bonus over the rest just because they guessed right.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that legendary effects don't activate in PVP.
    Also this time around they have a whole PVP stats they can tweak with.

iirc there were tooltips that prevent you from queueing certain scummy comps (e.g. double healer in 3's). They might restrict comps/teams to avoid people spamming healers or tanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is a lot of time between now and Legion's release (around six whole months), so there is not really much to be concerned about YET. The PvP Talents are hardly final, and no player testing has gone into yet (alpha cap was at level 104, and now it is on a holiday break). Once we get more information then we can speculate with a better understanding. From what I remember a Blizzard employee saying is that tanking specializations could trade survivability for damage.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    had a load of fun duelling and doing "world pvp" as prot during WoD. I will enjoy being a viable nuisance in legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Was it s7? I thought it was the second Cata season.
    Sup mate, well s6 Holy Pallies went Prot spec with Holy gear and a mix of talents, they were like healing tanks who never died. Then in s7 Prot Wars stack Armor Pen (if you remb that stat, basically making their attacks bypass a huge % chunk of the armor) so they did very good constant dmg + never died. Then also in s7 came Prot pallies in dps gear, they would out dps Rets and their Avng Shield would silence people for 3 sec (not sure exact amount) + do huge dmg, a prot pally with poped wings could solo a healer, thats how insane it's burst was, Rets were pretty much none existing at high cr in 5s/3s since Prot did more sustain dmg + burst dmg than Ret. I plaid ret/arms/resto drood (around 2.5k cr) that season but 1 week we decided to go prot war/prot pally/ rdrood for fun we faced R1 Hpal/Arms/UA we just split dps on Hpal/UA and wrecked them so bad they just gave up mid Arena, not cuz we outskilled them (cuz they were better players than us by far) but cuz we ran 2x prot which was just aids at that time, you could not kill anything + we got great peels for our healer + pally's utility

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saladfork View Post
    iirc there were tooltips that prevent you from queueing certain scummy comps (e.g. double healer in 3's). They might restrict comps/teams to avoid people spamming healers or tanks.
    That actually would balance out arena team set ups without nerfing various specs such as prot.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2015-12-23 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea and so far I like how they're implementing it (either reducing damage opposing players do, absorbing some of the damage they do to your allies, or increasing their damage taken).
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Prot warriors were INSANE in wrath until they nerfed shield block + shield slam. I got shield slammed in s6(?) for 14k when people only had like 25k hp lol

and the perma-thorns thing would also tick for like 500+ per autoattack, so rogues just couldnt do shit to prot warriors

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who loves playing tanks, I like it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    As someone who loves playing tanks, I like it.
    Don't get me wrong, i dont mind seeing tanks being vaible in pvp, but what i do mind is Blizzard's inability to balance properly certain Specs such as Tank or Ret spec, as far as tanks are balanced aka deal less dmg than DPS and die in a reasonable time if focused, I have no problem pvping vs tanks, hell i even think they should bring tanks back to RBGs for FCing. But looking back at Blizzard's history of balancing pvp, i am highly suspicious at bringing tanks back to rated pvp.

I think they could just nerf those specs stat templates if they prove to be OP. Not saying that it will be balance and all but this time they can have direct approach to buffing and nerfing in PVP. They could significantly nerf tank specs stamina for example.

African Turtle Cleave in wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    African Turtle Cleave in wrath
    Or Lumber Jack ClV

In the topic of the dk aura, I read on the dk forums that the stacks reset or stop ticking at 80% hp. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think you should be concerned, we're still in alpha and have a long time until release
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    In the topic of the dk aura, I read on the dk forums that the stacks reset or stop ticking at 80% hp. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think you should be concerned, we're still in alpha and have a long time until release
    If it only ticks down to 80% hp than it is not half as bad, i dont follow DK class forums so i have no idea, but i hope you are correct on that one (and yes i know it is still alpha , hence we are just discussing no yet banging the head against the wall ))) )

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    It's not a constant tick. It's a stacking reduction. After 20 seconds of being near a DK, you're down to 80% of your hp.
    After that, it does nothing. That's pretty "slow" damage.
    And considering mobility & kiting capabilities, it wont be that hard to reset it.
    From a DK thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

As long as the silence from Avenger's shield (from protection paladin) goes away, it should be fine.