Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I don't believe for a second that a 6-7/13H guild who is progressing through the instance has low ilvl because they are "trying to experience the content the way it's supposed to be". If they were doing it the way it was supposed to be done then they would be using a mix of Blackrock Foundry and Normal HFC and early HC HFC gear with ilvl715 epic versions of the legendary ring. Legendary ring availabilitym, Valor upgrades, Heirloom trinkets and Mythic Warforged dungeon gear included you'd expect the raid to be comfortably in the 710 range without excessive effort.

I was simply pointing out the fact that ilvl702 is about a days work of gearing, maybe a weekend job. A raiding guild you would normally think of people who have been playing their characters for a while and thus have access to much higher gear.
    It might be a new guild that decided to go through the expansion, starting from scratch. I'd definitely see the appeal in doing something like that. If they are, the ilvl seems about right, we had a bit lower ilvl when we killed soc the second week of 6.2. (coming from 5/10 mythic)

Personally I find xhul to be the easiest boss in upper (after Manno) if you just get the raid team to stack the p1 fire properly. Same logic can be applied to iskar though, all you need is for everyone on the team to understand the function of the eye.

Socrethar and Iskar take a few attempts to learn the mechanics, then they go down easy because they are quite simple fights. My guild struggled on H Iskar and Socrethar way more than we should have but by the time we got to Xhul/Tyrant/Manno we killed all three for the first time with maybe 15 wipes combined. Zakuun can be a nightmare too if people aren't grasping the concept of the fight because it's very easy for 'that guy' to wipe the raid when he usually might just kill himself.

Anyways, Socrethar drops tier and I would argue has a better overall loot table than Iskar. I'd go Soc > Iskar > Zakuun > Tyrant > Xhul. There is a fairly gradual difficulty curve, TBH, so you should be able to make steady progress no matter what you do. Archimonde is the only real outlier in heroic, as he's more difficult than some of the mythic bosses.

I think we did the following, ofc this was without legendary rings as far as i remember, so dont expect wombo 2 min kill tactics.

Iskar > Soc > Zakuun > Tyrant > Xhul > Manno > Archi

Iskar > Just as easy as normal, no difference at all for us.
    Soc > we tried forcing a single P2, but found that actually the switching on the portals during progress made it harder for is then to do P1 > P2 (have the person loose the construct right before the 3rd dominator, boss will be at like 40% ish) > P1 again > P2 do one dominator, then finish off boss before then 2nd or just after the 2nd).
    Zakuun > No real difference from normal, just execute the same tactic your used to, except that you need a couple more ppl to soak as the debuff is 2 min, instead of like 30 seconds.
    Tyrant > Same tactic again, we found though that P2 dps was a little tight compared to normal, so we made sure we had all cd's / pots and hero in P2.
    Xhul > Same tactic as normal we found that dmg in the last phase could be rough, so save some cd's for that
    Manno > for us that actually was the easiest one out there, think it took like 3 tries with a exact copy of our normal tactic.