Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Again, not really. When CSGO was released in 2012...everyone thought it was shit, none of the major tournament organizers picked it up, and it had 30?,000 players at peak (which is terrible for a counter strike game). Forums where filled with shit about what they did wrong and how to fix it over the course of a few months..they soon fixed the problems and people started to adopt the game.
    I'm sorry to say, but the counter strike scene, while increasing heavily this year, is still a footnote atm. This isn't 1999-2001 anymore .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm sorry to say, but the counter strike scene, while increasing heavily this year, is still a footnote atm. This isn't 1999-2001 anymore .
    500,000 players daily (9 million monthly), arguably valves most profitable game, and the biggest FPS on PC, is clearly a footnote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    "Their games are amazingly complex" is age old trite that went old by the time Oblivion was released.

They've been practically rehashing the same engine since Morrowind so it'd only be expected that in 13 years they'd have squashed at least some of the issues that have existed since it's inception. There's still mind boggling amount of bugs and patterns that can be traced back to unpatched first release of Morrowind it's just insane. Especially considering a lot of them are not even particulary subtle.

On top of that, there are a ton of other games that outshine Bethesda's creations on their complexity yet manage to come out far more playable. It's like sickening mantra that has warped entire viewpoint on their releases.

That along with the inane indoctrination of "mods will fix it" that has somehow made it acceptable that games release in state that they do.
    What are these amazingly complex and bug-free games then? I just have a problem with developers being attacked as though they were worthless human beings who can't be bothered to work and only rake in the cash, when that is generally extremely far from reality.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2015-12-24 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    500,000 players daily (9 million monthly), arguably valves most profitable game, and the biggest FPS on PC, is clearly a footnote.
    Well that hype didn't manage to penetrate my spheres then. Lol claims 27 million per day, I once read something about the 1 million mark for DotA2 with something like 15 million profit per month. Just to put that into perspective. That might have changed, but either way, these 500k have next to no impact on the whole gaming sector as a whole. So people on the CS:Go forums rioting is something that barely causes a ripple. Heck even WoW barely makes the news today and it still has 5+ million subs.

As long as you keep getting people pre-ordering and buying seasonal passes for ingame goodies, game developers and publishers will never change their tune with regards to releasing a game bug free.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Sure, just look at the excellent pathfinding and running against walls. Classic Morrowind right there.
    Mmm that's more of an issue of open world games in general and not something they intentionally leave out, and most likely originated in different ways in each game/engine. Fallout 4 especially since it has player building, no? =P

No way to claim a pathfinding bug is exactly the same than on a 13year older engine with any certainty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    As long as you keep getting people pre-ordering and buying seasonal passes for ingame goodies, game developers and publishers will never change their tune with regards to releasing a game bug free.
    And as long as people feel like they've gotten their money's worth, they'll pay for more. So basically, games are decent since people keep paying for them in advance.

I disagree on your criticism of Skyrim. The only time I ran into bugs was when I began massively modding it.

I agree somewhat on Fallout 4, it was bad. In fact, my biggest complaint with it was the terrible face animations. The mouths didn't sync, Mama Murphys neck will twist 180 degrees to talk to you when she's sitting on a chair, the faces just look really damn bad.

The dog clips through everything, he opens doors, he runs through trees, he teleports on top of roofs when he's inside building. I can't keep dogmeat as a companion because of how buggy he is.

FO4 lacks the charm of FO3, no karma system, less character dialogue interactions. Eh, I played it for a week and gave up.

better than wow

Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    Fallout 4 and Bethesda. MY. FUCKING. GOD. Not one day, not one FUCKING DAY without someone spamming fallout 4 news or anything else. And bethesda out of all of them seriously? I am going to assume Zenimax doesent care enough to give those developers a bitch slap since they make Zenimax enough money as is, but come on!

How the hell does Bethesda get away with their horrible games all the time? I am paying 60 Bucks for a game, I expect it to be somewhat original. 50% of the sounds used there are directly imported from Skyrim, many assets are models and/or textures from Skyrim, even the Lockpicking system is an exact copy with same sound, only difference is The graphics.

But how did you manage to create a game so massive, with so much shit to do, that it ruins the fucking game? I'd rather watch flies fuck, Id rather watch paint dry, I'd rather stick giant chopsticks in my fucking eyes than to play trough their shit. Let's not forget about the Quest bugs, because of conversation bugs, because of combat bugs. Bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs, Buggy mac buggertons bughouse that's what you should called the piece of garbage you created. What about their praised games such as Skyrim and Morrowind? Morrowind had RNG styled combat. You could hit your enemy 100 times before it died.

I don't care when the game was made, who the fuck does this? Skyrim? Even worse when it comes to bugs. I Purchased fallout 4 to experience it before the 2 hour mark so I could refund the game. It's not the first time I had a game breaking bug. When talking, my character under multiple occasions just decided to step backwards and clip into a wall. Luckily I knew how to use the console command to get out but fucking seriously. When you pay 60 dollars for a game, you expect some Form of Originallity, A bug free game, and to the people saying "Well, all open world games has bugs" Give me a fucking break. Witcher 3? Battlefront 3? It's from EA; there you'd expect them to charge for bug fixes, but not even they are as crap as bethesda. Overwatch? It's in Beta, and it's already more polished and bugfree than any of the Bethesda titles.

Do bethesda not play trough their games? Do they just like release it when They're done with it? Or what is the problem? Do they say that they cant fix the bugs? I just frankly don't understand, and I am afraid, I have to say the most Overrated Developer goes to Fallout 4 without a doubt.
    ive had more fun playing a buggy fallout 4 for the last month than ive had in the last 5 years in wow. somebody needs to give blizzard some lessons on quality voice acting and a refresher on humor in games because there games have become soulless eye candy with mountains of grinding and no satisfying ending since lich king.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    ive had more fun playing a buggy fallout 4 for the last month than ive had in the last 5 years in wow. somebody needs to give blizzard some lessons on quality voice acting and a refresher on humor in games because there games have become soulless eye candy with mountains of grinding and no satisfying ending since lich king.
    Hahahaha. Oh my god. The voice acting in WoW is SOOO bad.

I will bet my left nut and a bag of skittles Blizzard's WoW team had exactly one female voice actor and all the playable races were like commissioned females that came into the studio for one day, recorded lines, and never came back again. Sindragosa, Freya, female Vrykul, uhhh... every female raid boss and dungeon boss have the same voice.

And jesus is the dialogue so bad, its like an Uwe Boll film.

10+ Year Old Account
    The VA in Elder Scrolls online is better than even their single player games. The faces are synced up quite well as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

The engine it runs on sucks, this isn't news to anyone who's played a Bethesda game in the past 10 years. It's been polished and dressed up, but it's the same engine.

Here's the thing though, most people who play these games probably get their money's worth. A lot of people can overlook the obvious engine issues because these games offer so much playtime and replay value. If someone puts 200 hours into a game, was it worth 60$? I would say yes, and I think many people would agree.

A big part of that value comes from the other big selling point, mods. The reason mods for Bethsoft games are so popular is because the offered dev tools have been very unrestricted. The tools haven't been released for FO4 yet (and won't be until Q1 2016), but passionate fans have already manage to hack together substantial mods.

I think any single player game with a fanbase that dedicated and creative, with the right tools offered and supported, is probably worth a purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Hahahaha. Oh my god. The voice acting in WoW is SOOO bad.

I will bet my left nut and a bag of skittles Blizzard's WoW team had exactly one female voice actor and all the playable races were like commissioned females that came into the studio for one day, recorded lines, and never came back again. Sindragosa, Freya, female Vrykul, uhhh... every female raid boss and dungeon boss have the same voice.

And jesus is the dialogue so bad, its like an Uwe Boll film.
    Say good-bye to your left nut then: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Voice_actor#World_of_Warcraft

Bethesda's RPG aspect isn't really that great. And their storytelling is quite bland, getting worse with every new installment, it seems to me. But their open worlds are very enjoyable on their own, if you like that sort of games.
    Overall, I was left with a much better taste in my mouth after playing Obsidian's Fallout: New Vegas: that game offered some RPG depth that Bethesda's Fallout 3 didn't. I hope Obsidian keep making RPG games. They truly shine on that aspect.

For me the good outweighs the bad, and i find the games very enjoyable. As ever, your milage may vary.

Aside from the bugs, everything you're describing is entirely subjective. It seems like you're venting your frustration because you bought into the hype so hard that you bought it on day 1 and did no research to determine the quality of the game.

I agree that the bugs are horrible (I haven't had any but anecdotal evidence is useless) but if you insist on making uninformed purchases then you are prone to being ripped off

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it was neither great nor forgettable but somewhere in between which likely won't be touched until the creative development kit is released early next year and actual mods are released instead of SweetFX shader presets, setting tweaks and outright scripted cheats. I never encountered any bugs although I did run in to some CTDs but nothing which made me throw up my arms in anger or confusion but your mileage may vary from system to system.

The obvious offenders for me was the story, a boring/linear dialogue wheel, fumbling attempt at factions and archaic game systems (interaction, movement, interface) which felt the same as an FPS from ten years ago.

In the end, I spent $60 and enjoyed it enough to get 100+ hours which is a pretty solid deal for any game.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2015-12-24 at 03:07 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost 100 Hours played and the only Bug i encountered is this "blurred vision" bug were everything gets white and you cant see anything.

Does anyone know how to get this fixed ?

Yeah. It has some bugs, and some things that aren't great quality like AI. It's also a ton of fun. What are you looking for in games? We done now?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two words

Mod support.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.