Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The company continues to use an aging engine for their games. The 'Creation' engine is just a modified gamebryo engine.

The games they release are beta at best, and usually the first mods to come out (besides bewbs) are unofficial patches. Bethesda rarely, if ever, officially patches the things found in the unofficial patches. In other words, they sell half-assed products and expect the modding community to fix it.

They keep giving us this amazing hype before a game is released, explaining all the cool new toys to play with. But then you get in game, and realize it just isn't quite what they made it seem.

They reuse as much content from previous games as they possibly can get away with.

The main quests, in the Fallout series anyway, are getting shorter and shorter. Same with sidequests (no, I am NOT counting the 'this settlement is under attack' bullshit from Preston). And I won't even mention the shitty ending(s) in Fallout 4.

Because of the aging engine, all they can do is apply duct tape to the graphics. Textures are still low-res when you get up close to them, especially environmental ones. Yet again, the modding community releases HD mods for everything. But you have to be careful what you install, because, yet again, the antique engine can't handle much, being stuck in fucking 32-bit forever.

I'm really quite curious why they don't use another engine, like Unreal or something. Almost anything is better than gamebryo. It is 2016, get with the 64 bit era, thanks.

If it wasn't for the modding community, I would never touch another Bethesda game. Ever. I seriously don't understand how console plebs can do it. It takes 183 mods in Skyrim for me to have an immersive, enjoyable game. It took over 200 for FO3/NV. FO4 I completed all three endings before any really expansive mods came out, and I don't know if I'll ever go back to it. Has the creation kit even been released yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    Have you not played either game? Your reading comprehension seems to have fallen through the cracks
    I am pretty sure the complaint is the method. FO4 and Skyrim Lockpicking mechanic are exactly the same. Oblivion's mechanic is different from Skyrim's. Morrowind's is different that Oblivion's.
    And skyrim copied fallout 3's lockpicking, the fuck is the point. Its fucking lockpicking, there are only so many ways to pick a fucking tumbler lock and this one just happened to click and work perfectly. Is the game really empty of that many faults that the major fucking gripe is the fucking lockpicking? Every new game doesnt need to have a brand new way to do somthing, if it worked in previous games i can work in new games. It wasnt a shity mechanic what so ever. If anything change the fucking hacking as thats a major pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    And skyrim copied fallout 3's lockpicking, the fuck is the point. Its fucking lockpicking, there are only so many ways to pick a fucking tumbler lock and this one just happened to click and work perfectly. Is the game really empty of that many faults that the major fucking gripe is the fucking lockpicking? Every new game doesnt need to have a brand new way to do somthing, if it worked in previous games i can work in new games. It wasnt a shity mechanic what so ever. If anything change the fucking hacking as thats a major pain in the ass.
    Aren't new games supposed to bring new challenges to the table? How is regurgitating the same Lockpicking mechanic from previous games new and exciting? Especially when it's so freaking easy that you obtain more Bobby Pins than you break them? I never lose more than 4 pins per lock, not even on master locks. I got so many Bobby Pins, that I do not know what to do with them all! Well, I guess I could spruce up Mama Murphy's hair if the game allowed it...

Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    Well this is exactly what I fucking said

Fallout 4 season pass has gone up to 50 dollars, and now its suddenly okay to charge 120 dollars for a game
    When EA tried to do that, they're torn a new asshole.

Battlefront 3 was a step back from battlefront 2 yes
    But fallout 4 was also a step back from New vegas and Fallout 3.

Just goes to prove again that bethesda gets away with anything.

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    You can buy the season pass before march for $30 still. Also, they upped it becasue they are adding in more content than ever before. Do you just find reasons to be mad for the sake of being mad?
    Last edited by Jamber; 2016-02-18 at 02:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Oblivion lockpicking actually took skill and patience. You could unlock the max level locks as long as you were good, even if your skill was shit.

Skyrim's lockpicking is pretty much waste 5 locks until you find the sweet spot then another 5 until you tweak it.

Not seeing what they do wrong really. Their games have a good amount of character to them, and people clearly don't mind the rough edges as far as bugs etc go, or they wouldn't be as popular as they are. I loved Skyrim.. and while I can poke all sorts of holes into the terrible console-esque interface, sloppy combat, etc, the vibe of the game overshadows all of that for me. FO3 led me to the same conclusion, though I did wind up losing interest in that game quicker than I expected.

Is there another company putting out similar but superior games? If so, you know what to do.

Should wait and buy the games during the steam summer sale instead of paying $60 and complaining if you don't think they're worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bormes View Post
    Should wait and buy the games during the steam summer sale instead of paying $60 and complaining if you don't think they're worth it.
    That or sign up for Green Man Gaming. I can't suggest them enough. I got FO4 and season pass for under $60 before it even came out. Just yesterday, I preordered Farcry Primal for $36 dollars. They sure are great.
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

10+ Year Old Account
    While I think the idea of increasing DLC price is slimy AF, I already have my season pass so this doesn't affect me. Also, bethesda typically makes excellent DLC so I'm confident it'll be worth it. Its not like we're getting a map pack, or a skin for Nick valentine. Their DLC tends to be substantial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    That or sign up for Green Man Gaming. I can't suggest them enough. I got FO4 and season pass for under $60 before it even came out. Just yesterday, I preordered Farcry Primal for $36 dollars. They sure are great.
    I use them as well, great prices.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    because they make good games that are well worth their money

and more importantly, completely moddable

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    because they make good games that are well worth their money

and more importantly, completely moddable
    Good is subjective.

And considering that 3 of the 4 endings leaves the Commonwealth with a new Radioactive crater in the middle of it, I'd say it's an OK time waster at best, mediocre at worst.

But what do I know, I haven't spent as much time with Fallout 4 as I did with Skyrim. While Skyrim also had it's share of storyline problems and bugs, for some reason I find Skyrim a lot more fun.

Man, I should have bought FONV during the Lunar Sale.

It isn't any worse than vanilla F3 ending, you can gave ghoul, robot or supermutant follower (who are immune to radiation) and it's still you who has to enter the goddamn chamber because "it's your destiny". Bethesda's writing was never exactly stellar, but that one is probably the dumbest ending in history.

Deleted
    Well, they made pretty good games in the past. I do agree Fallout 4 was a letdown in a way. Their game engine needs an update...always been buggy as hell even in Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3, ES Online, etc. I have fallen through the floor at least once in each of those games. Just the way they are..make money using an older engine.

Reminds me of Blizzard in a way or EA...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    It isn't any worse than vanilla F3 ending, you can gave ghoul, robot or supermutant follower (who are immune to radiation) and it's still you who has to enter the goddamn chamber because "it's your destiny". Bethesda's writing was never exactly stellar, but that one is probably the dumbest ending in history.
    They didn't have the world regeneration or scaling content that they do now back then. There was nothing in the game after the end, so they needed it to stop... You claim sacrificing yourself to save the capital wasteland is dumb... Would looking at Fawkes or the like and saying "here you do it" and then having it end anyways in an even more anticlimactic way be any better?

I don't blame anyone for having bugs in massive games, that shit is just not possible to be 100% about. I remember when Skyrim came out, we couldn't even change keybinds. That's pretty bad, and they have terrible UI people. But the rest of the game was awesome and they fixed a lot of things. I don't see why people rage so bad over flaws unless it's gamebreaking to the core, like save features doesn't work at all, or it crashes every 20 minutes of game play.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    They didn't have the world regeneration or scaling content that they do now back then. There was nothing in the game after the end, so they needed it to stop... You claim sacrificing yourself to save the capital wasteland is dumb... Would looking at Fawkes or the like and saying "here you do it" and then having it end anyways in an even more anticlimactic way be any better?
    When having no choice in the matter at the end, that's kinda dumb.

OT: The real problem is Bethseda holding onto a very very very very old engine.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I generally ignore their faults. Not because of them or their actions, but because the community has countless dedicated people that create mods that add so much more depth to their usually flat worlds or dull design.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    Fallout 4 and Bethesda. MY. FUCKING. GOD. Not one day, not one FUCKING DAY without someone spamming fallout 4 news or anything else. And bethesda out of all of them seriously? I am going to assume Zenimax doesent care enough to give those developers a bitch slap since they make Zenimax enough money as is, but come on!

How the hell does Bethesda get away with their horrible games all the time? I am paying 60 Bucks for a game, I expect it to be somewhat original. 50% of the sounds used there are directly imported from Skyrim, many assets are models and/or textures from Skyrim, even the Lockpicking system is an exact copy with same sound, only difference is The graphics.

But how did you manage to create a game so massive, with so much shit to do, that it ruins the fucking game? I'd rather watch flies fuck, Id rather watch paint dry, I'd rather stick giant chopsticks in my fucking eyes than to play trough their shit. Let's not forget about the Quest bugs, because of conversation bugs, because of combat bugs. Bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs, Buggy mac buggertons bughouse that's what you should called the piece of garbage you created. What about their praised games such as Skyrim and Morrowind? Morrowind had RNG styled combat. You could hit your enemy 100 times before it died.

I don't care when the game was made, who the fuck does this? Skyrim? Even worse when it comes to bugs. I Purchased fallout 4 to experience it before the 2 hour mark so I could refund the game. It's not the first time I had a game breaking bug. When talking, my character under multiple occasions just decided to step backwards and clip into a wall. Luckily I knew how to use the console command to get out but fucking seriously. When you pay 60 dollars for a game, you expect some Form of Originallity, A bug free game, and to the people saying "Well, all open world games has bugs" Give me a fucking break. Witcher 3? Battlefront 3? It's from EA; there you'd expect them to charge for bug fixes, but not even they are as crap as bethesda. Overwatch? It's in Beta, and it's already more polished and bugfree than any of the Bethesda titles.

Do bethesda not play trough their games? Do they just like release it when They're done with it? Or what is the problem? Do they say that they cant fix the bugs? I just frankly don't understand, and I am afraid, I have to say the most Overrated Developer goes to Fallout 4 without a doubt.

Although I didnt play skyrim or oblivion I have played fallout 3 and fallout 4 by them and I gotta say fallout 4 is amazing so amazing I am on my 2nd play through and have hit lvl 44 without even doing a single main mission quest. There is so much content in the game its taken me a month and a half the first time didnt like the ending of choosing the institute and now Im on my 2nd month on my 2nd play through got my jet pack wow did that open up alot of stuff.

So sir I think you and your rant are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always see you ranting about something. Seems like gaming isn't fun for you...

Anyways, Bethesda actually gets more shit for buggy games. The Witcher 3 had just as many bugs at launch and they didn't really get that much shit for it.

Also, if you find a good sound effect for something why wouldn't you use it? How many sounds of a lockpick breaking do you need? Pretty stupid complaint TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Since most players will sit there watching things unfolding knowing that there is a simple solution to the reactor problem and not have access to it, yes, it is worse. You have both the knowledge that the climax is contrived, and no ability to introduce player choice. I'd much rather have a shitty climax than a shitty climax covered up by unlikely character response.