Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    What I find rather sad than funny is that there are people out there who seem to value their personal liberties so little that they mock them
    Yeah, while ignoring the fact that it is hypocritical to expect freedom for themselves, but want to take it away from others.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Should there be? Yes. Will there be? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    In a perfect world, unfortunately you can't enact that requirement without breaking a bunch of human rights.
    This.
    China's "one child" policy was interesting,however I do not think it benefited the kids so much as the state.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Yeah, while ignoring the fact that it is hypocritical to expect freedom for themselves, but want to take it away from others.
    Those darn people don't know what's good for themselves, let's make decisions for them!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    What I find funny is so many people in this thread just on two pages would take someones kid away. But if they tried to take your guns away or any of your freedoms you go "Oh no's my freedoms" fucken priceless.

Everyone is ok to fuck with others shit but leave there shit alone..
    The difference is we are paying for many of those kids. Other people arent paying for our guns

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    They arent loving parents if they have a kid while living in a shithole and have no money. Loving parents have kids when they are in a position to provide a good home and can afford to support them. Even the Humane Society has standards you must meet before you take a dog home
    So...all the parents in slums, favela's, etc are not loving parents?

Materialism doesn't really change the way a parent loves their children.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    This.
    China's "one child" policy was interesting,however I do not think it benefited the kids so much as the state.
    Not in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Those darn people don't know what's good for themselves, let's make decisions for them!!!
    I'm fine with people making shitty decisions for themselves. Less with them doing so for their kids. #strawman

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    You disapprove of jails?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Just curious about people's stance on this.

If you apply for a mortgage the loaner want to know your financial situation, your family situation, pension plans, etc. etc. When you dont suffice, you dont get a mortgage. Why? Because its too big of a risk and it will get you in deep shit later down the road. You need licenses for everything. Guns, protests, driving a car, having a job. But not for something as huge as raising children.

Now im not saying having children is like getting a mortgage, but shouldn't there be some kind of laws/regulations/restrictions/rules about having kids? Not only are you opting for caring and raising for another human, your also gonna be paying a shitload of money in order to do so for the next 20-30 years.
    Should a poor family have 8 kids for example? That the taxpayer has to pay for?
    And what about kids suffering because their parents are total morons? Or mentally disabled? With a 90% assurance that their kids will also be that. And cute as it is, will cause a shitload of strain on the culture and social infrastructure of a country?
    Or people just completely unfit for parenthood. Because they are criminals/psychopaths/pedofiles, etc. What about them?

Should having children be regulated in some kind of way?
    I have always been a fan of the idea of birthing licenses. Would get rid of those who have children because they want to be a parent, but aren't mature enough to take care of themselves.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The difference is we are paying for many of those kids. Other people arent paying for our guns
    Many people have payed for your guns with there lifes. Many lifes lost due to guns that shouldn't have been lost.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    This.
    It benefited the state because of the culture. The chinease culture always views boys better than girls so they all wanted boys since they are the ones that carry the family name onwards. The fact that China has more males than females, 110:100 about, made about 15-20% of China's grow for the past decades. More males, more competition, males need to show off and impress potential mates, aka they need more resources: car, money, house/flat, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post

No, but love doesn't put food on the table, or cloths on their backs, or money in their education savings.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

In a perfect world, yes. In our welfare ridden world.. no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post

I'd say that more depends on which parent stayed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    In a perfect world, yes. In our welfare ridden world.. no.
    I think you got it backwards. In today's welfare "pseudo-democratic" world they use single mothers and kids as a way for the govt. to get you dependend on it and it's political system. You get welfare from your birth so you will 9/10 times vote for any political party that would raise the welfare pay and extend the welfare system. Doesn't matter the govt. is on debt, doesn't matter it prints money like candy just to pay up things devaluatin your income/pay.

When people say "buy votes" welfare state is the no.1 system to do it. W/o inherit disabling our fertility we can't change anything. You aren't entitled to breed, you are entitled to proove you can provide and care of a kid or else you don't get the choice to make a kid!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    People would have to file for having a kid. Then people will get inspected, financially, psychologicly, etc.
    Then they get an OK stamp to have children in their files.

When they enlist a child when its born their records get checked.
    If they dont have an OK stamp, the child is put up for adoption.
    For people with an OK stamp that cant have kids.
    Just when you think people couldn't come up with more stupid ideas...

10+ Year Old Account
    We should have a robust parenting program offered by the government. The program should include financial classes, parenting classes, CPR classes, etc. These programs should be highly accessible, highly encouraged, and free of charge.
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    No and people should really mind their own damn business more. It's like some are hardwired to wanting to live in totalitarian states. Well, theres good news for you, there are actually plenty of those in the world as is, no need to create more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    We should have a robust parenting program offered by the government. The program should include financial classes, parenting classes, CPR classes, etc. These programs should be highly accessible, highly encouraged, and free of charge.
    And when should parents do it? Before Joe knoks up Bill's wife or after Kelly get's pregnant drunk at a party with a random guy? Oh, I know, in the week-end for a normal heterosexual couple that work 40-60h per week each. Yeah, I'm sure they have the time to do a few hours of classes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of "requirement to breed", I rather let it be "your child, your responsibilities", meaning, if you can't afford the child, let it starve instead of make the state subsidise your child.