Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Thanks for all the replies thus far, have been working on improving my opener and am seeing some results. I got a Normal DSI today so I guess I'm wondering if Normal DSI beats out OoV?

Quote Originally Posted by Infinux View Post
    Thanks for all the replies thus far, have been working on improving my opener and am seeing some results. I got a Normal DSI today so I guess I'm wondering if Normal DSI beats out OoV?
    Here's the answer to your question from my post on Page 1....
    Quote Originally Posted by Orionid View Post
    It is worth noting this is assuming Mythic Trinkets. OoV is virtually on par with Mythic DSI, the delta isn't very noticeable, this does NOT assume 2/2 upgraded. That being said OoV is stronger than Heroic DSI for Demon fights.
    If you're not concerned with the extreme min/maxing and advanced (sometimes complicated to understand) playstyles that xtramuscle has gone into...I highly suggest re-reading my first post on this thread, and do that. As it appears you didn't read it all or thoroughly enough. It covers the general information you need to do competitive DPS as a Boomkin, maybe not rank 1 DPS, but based on your raiding experienced I don't think that would matter to you. The information I provided is sufficient to make you a competitive Boomkin at your level of raiding.
    Last edited by Orionid; 2015-12-31 at 03:30 PM.

I apologise for my oversight, its just that I keep seeing boomkins run DSI with SoC in general, leading me to believe OoV is actually only better in demon heavy fights. Furthermore, forums often cite DSI as a must have and SoC being the trinket that swaps out typically?

Quote Originally Posted by Infinux View Post
    I apologise for my oversight, its just that I keep seeing boomkins run DSI with SoC in general, leading me to believe OoV is actually only better in demon heavy fights. Furthermore, forums often cite DSI as a must have and SoC being the trinket that swaps out typically?
    Again, here's my answer from my first post

Quote Originally Posted by Orionid View Post
    Trinkets (general use):
    For all fights trinket usage should be Seed of Corruption (SoC) and Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia (DSI) outside of a few circumstances:
    - The demon bosses: one should swap out DSI for Orb of Voidsight (OoV). Aside from Zakuun which is a Single target fight and thus SoC should be swapped for OoV instead.

It is worth noting this is assuming Mythic Trinkets. OoV is virtually on par with Mythic DSI, the delta isn't very noticeable, this does NOT assume 2/2 upgraded. That being said OoV is stronger than Heroic DSI for Demon fights.
    Again, this is a standard strategy. Not advanced techniques based on speed kills, fight length, etc. Based on your raiding level, this is what you should be following as the advanced Boomkin skill doesn't seem necessary in your playstyle at this point in time.

Here's a quick basic guide for when to swap trinkets. Bosses not listed run SoC/DSI:

Reaver: If you're not getting an air phase, or speed killing on mythic, swap SoC for Sandman's or IRP.
    Kormrok: If you don't need help killing hands, or speed killing on mythic, swap SoC for Sandman's or IRP.
    Zakuun: Single target demon fight, swap SoC for OoV.
    Tyrant: Multiple target dmon fight, swap DSI for OoV.
    Mannoroth: Multiple target demon fight, swap DSI for OoV.
    Archimonde: Multiple target demon fight, swap DSI for OoV.
    Last edited by Orionid; 2015-12-31 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks for the help, will bear this in mind when trying to push progression.

It also depends on which version of SoC you have and what tactic your raid uses. N SoC generally is to unreliable to be worth using, and having to much incidental AoE can be a major disadvantage or even wipe on Gorefiend.

If you're getting extremely short kill times, don't use IRP. A passive trinket cannot compete with procs under those circumstances.