Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Post 5 and 10 ?
    Err neither of those posts speak of bashing feminism or speak of how non-white people are taking over the world (which is a foolish thing to even think about). Can we like not have rants about things not related to the OP - especially not things that no one is talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by negawonka View Post
    Err neither of those posts speak of bashing feminism or speak of how non-white people are taking over the world (which is a foolish thing to even think about). Can we like not have rants about things not related to the OP - especially not things that no one is talking about?
    Exactly. Saying 'but what about the men' while you could argue is an attempt to derail the thread, is not an attack on feminism nor does it hint at xenophobia. Maybe that poster has made such comments in the past? I have no idea and don't particularly care, they weren't in this thread making that post a non squitter.

Well anyway, I think it is nice that the Japanese government is agreeing to offer the requested compensation. It is a classy move considering they could have waited another decade or two and not had to pay it. Then again the amount (it was eight million US right?) is not that much money for a country to pay.

Now that we can get back on topic.

I only see this as fair as some are still alive, Japan did alot of awful shit during WW2, hello Unit 731? (Seriously fucked up shit when it comes to that unit)
    But let's not pretend Japan was the only one, plenty of countries went through doing awful shit, including the allied countries.
    If they were not alive today, my tone would be different, this whole "you must pay for what your ancestors did" nonsense is insane, but they are, so it's only fair they get compensated and apologized to for the horrors they went through.

The fact that someone like Shiro Ishii got immunity from the US because the research was useful(all human experimentations) says it all.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2015-12-28 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Now that we can get back on topic.

I only see this as fair as some are still alive, Japan did alot of awful shit during WW2, hello Unit 731? (Seriously fucked up shit when it comes to that unit)
    But let's not pretend Japan was the only one, plenty of countries went through doing awful shit, including the allied countries.

The fact that someone like Shiro Ishii got immunity from the US because the research was useful(all human experimentations) says it all.
    Well really I think it gets glossed over a lot by the US because while Japan, Germany, and Russia did bad things we did bad things too. It was one of those wars in which everyone either became the devil or got crushed by one.

Well anyway, I think it is nice that the Japanese government is agreeing to offer the requested compensation. It is a classy move considering they could have waited another decade or two and not had to pay it. Then again the amount (it was eight million US right?) is not that much money for a country to pay.
    Hopefully it'll also somewhat dampen those trying to deny it happened, though maybe I'm too optimistic there.

Well really I think it gets glossed over a lot by the US because while Japan, Germany, and Russia did bad things we did bad things too. It was one of those wars in which everyone either became the devil or got crushed by one.
    Yep, pretty much my point.
    There were mass rapings of german women during the occupation, majority of it was soviet soldiers, but american's and the british absolutely did their part aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Hopefully it'll also somewhat dampen those trying to deny it happened, though maybe I'm too optimistic there.
    It won't make them admit it happened, they will continue denying it

Never thought I would see the day when people are arguing that this is unfair to men.

Bunch of scumbags; you should realize that this has been an issue since before the current wave of feminism was even a thing. It literally has never been about some imagined men's/women's rights bullshit that you're attaching to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I am glad that this progress has been made. Japanese nationalists have been trying to gloss over the war crimes or even rewrite history. This is a step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    It won't make them admit it happened, they will continue denying it
    Yeah but hopefully it'll help keep it from spreading as much. Guess we'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Never thought I would see the day when people are arguing that this is unfair to men.

Bunch of scumbags; you should realize that this has been an issue since before the current wave of feminism was even a thing. It literally has never been about some imagined men's/women's rights bullshit that you're attaching to it.
    The only one who mentioned feminism was the one accusing people of attacking it. Nobody else did.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    The only one who mentioned feminism was the one accusing people of attacking it. Nobody else did.
    That's like saying that nobody is talking about chemistry if nobody explicitly says "chemistry."

pateuvasiliu is quite clearly trying to spin a men/women angle on this; read the first page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Not to intending to be rude, but given how moderation has been given out. Might I suggest to return to the topic, it's starting to go off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    That's like saying that nobody is talking about chemistry if nobody explicitly says "chemistry."

pateuvasiliu is quite clearly trying to spin a men/women angle on this; read the first page.
    He didn't say anything disparaging about feminism. Yes, he was trying to bring up the male side/derail discussion of this but he did not attack feminism.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    Not to intending to be rude, but given how moderation has been given out. Might I suggest to return to the topic, it's starting to go off topic.
    Yes, thank you. They were both considered derailing, please just ignore their posts and continue on with the topic as if they aren't there.

I honestly can't wait to hear what people will be saber rattling 50 years from now about WW2.

before I go to my errand. I wanted to post several links. http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/200.../#.VoGKAxUrKUk http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21226068 http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2039136

In japan, Comfort women (unless changed) has been left out of many history lessons. A great deal of war crimes were whitewashed. So I wanted to also presented that info.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I honestly can't wait to hear what people will be saber rattling 50 years from now about WW2.
    Thing is, the japanese war crimes have been mostly swept under the rug. I dont think until this there was an official apology.

This is progress.
    This might be a step closer to Japan officially admiting and apologizing for WW2 war crimes.
    Not saying that they should pay in that case, because time still moves forwards, but it would help the region.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    It was all Americas fault.

Just you wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    This is progress.
    This might be a step closer to Japan officially admiting and apologizing for WW2 war crimes.
    Not saying that they should pay in that case, because time still moves forwards, but it would help the region.
    Closure and a healing process is generally enough. At least they are in that process.