Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Ever think that not talking to the cops is part of the problem? I'm glad someone did, or this kid would still be poofed.

and sure, I probably would. Then again, that tends to come with a pretty strong upbringing in taking responsibility for ones own stupid actions, and that harboring does more actual harm than good. If I did something stupid and didnt turn myself in, I can pretty much assure you that my parents would at the very least tell me to turn myself in, and prob tell the cops where I am in order to protect me from a shootout. She could have been a better mother outside of prison than inside of one.

I have nothing but scorn for people who think harboring people is good for them, because its not. Also, its not like these people are from some lowdown poverty area where cops are abusive. Wealthy family, would have had the benefit of decent treatment from cops. nope, time to act stupid. A person cant be taken advantage of if they actually have a backbone.
    Blah blah blah. You act like you will always do the "right" thing. You are one cold person. I feel nothing but contempt for people like you. You have never been truly wronged in your life, to even come close for haboring this kind of attitude. You must get nose bleeds daily.

I doubt you even realize the true impact of prison.

Prison is a joke, a scam, it's a death sentence. All it does is further someone down the hole. It incarcerates, not rehabilitates.

You'd send your kid to that? Heartless.

I'm not saying this woman isn't accountable, but god damn. I hope you need to make this choice in your life. I want to look you in the eyes as your morals fly out the window. I want to watch the righteousness leave your eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh for fucks sake, what is this? A Batman flick?

Gotta make the hard choices. (Christian Bale voice)

Also, worth noting is that she wouldn't be sending him there. There's a pretty big distinction there.
    its not even 'oh no, timmy stole a few pieces of clothes. OFF TO PRISON!" here. Its "oh no, timmy killed 4 people drunk, then ran when he got probation!". One is infinitely worse than the other, and in most circumstances DOES result in jail / prison time whether the person likes it or not. Yes, prison is horrible and we should start to aim to send minor offences to other places first, but manslaughter is NOT a minor offense!

and what Ive experienced in my life is not really worth my time to write on here anyways, so its meaningless. Just know that protecting one person can reult in related consequences to others.

(last 3/4 obv not directed to you, Bovinity)

You're fucked now sunbeam and i hope a real judge throws the book at you and i hope gets to share a cell with a bubba.

Yeah, that's the whole "affluenza" part of it. Supposedly he was just too rich to understand consequences.

And really you kill four people, get PROBATION and can't even abide by that? Jesus, man.
    Well if he was too rich to understand the consequences of killing 4 people, obviously he's not gonna get the consequences of violating probation. He should be put behind bars before he hurts more people.

Oh for fucks sake, what is this? A Batman flick?

Gotta make the hard choices. (Christian Bale voice)

Also, worth noting is that she wouldn't be sending him there. There's a pretty big distinction there.
    No, it's reality. I don't hide from it and I don't sugar coat it for the sake of brevity. A lot of this high horsers, really never had to make hard choices. That's a soulless person we are talking too.

The fact they would even question his mother's motives leads me to a deep understanding of that person. I'm not saying Ethans mother isn't guilty of the crime and I no where made an excuse for it. These things were imposed on me.

I feel it's a sad world when people want to vilify a mothers unconditional love, instead of taking pity on it.

When Ethans shitstorm happened, I wasn't out for blood. I was shocked that it went the way it did. I was pissed the justice system could be manipulated this way. He killed 4 people and walked away from it, essential.

Anything after that is just sad. It's a sad story of people that are too fucking stupid. The amount of pity I have for them is uncountable. Which is far more damning for them, because my life is shit.

The fact I have pity for them.. should say a lot. It's much more harrowing to have pity on them rather than wrath and cajoles. It's the easy way out for the emotionally shallow high horsers.
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Im shocked they went to Peurto Vallatra of all places. Geeez at least go somewhere where Americans dont go or Toronto and stay bundled up for the next 5 months.

Glad to hear it, now that they have him back. Maybe now they can administer the cure to affluenza like they should have done before.

Still wondering how they managed to get off with "Affluenza" as a defense when the very cure for such a condition would be accountability to prove their money didn't buy them impunity.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

They fled to Mexico, and by Mexico they went to Puerto Vallarta?! To hide out!?!? Lolololololololol.

The stupidity. I really hope they get some ACTUAL jail time, but who the hell knows at this point. I was saying the same thing when he killed those 4 and maimed those 5.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Im shocked they went to Peurto Vallatra of all places. Geeez at least go somewhere where Americans dont go or Toronto and stay bundled up for the next 5 months.
    They are stupid people. What do you expect?

First, they think Mexico is safe and doesn't give US extradition rights. Secondly, a vacation spot. Third, they didn't think the FBI couldn't track them?

It's just show how worldly all that money has made them. Not at all.

Shoot the fucker and be done with it... also have that 'mother' sentenced to a year in jail...

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Why did the guy stay in mexico?
    It's traditional for our criminals to flee to Mexico. It doesn't work these days as much cause we have treaties with Mexico, but if you can afford to pay the bribes you can avoid justice for a long time. There are American bounty hunters who'll go down to Mexico, grab the criminal and bring him back to the US to stand trial, some real Wild West kind of stuff.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

You keep saying "high horse" about others, but you're over there trying to paint yourself as this nobler sort who doesn't feel "wrath" or anything else, just pity for a mother and her "unconditional love".

Yeah, we get it, she wanted to try to protect the kid. I'm not going to pity her for it, because they all know exactly what they were doing. They weren't innocent in this chain of events, fate didn't deal them some unkind hand. They did wrong and wanted to escape consequence, nothing more.
    I paint myself nobler?

Look dude, I've done everything but kill someone. I don't paint myself high in the slightest. How can I have the attitude of wanting someone to fall and watch the rightgeousness leave them but have a high horse? Or could it be something could be more emotionally complex. Then Nelson saying HA HA. Which what the general attitude has become. I dunno, you prove my point for me.

But look at it this way. Her love was so strong, she wanted to give him everything. She gave him everything he needed to hang himself and her.

If that's not worth pitying..

Also don't equate pity with leniency. Because pity is also regret or disappointment. Then again, that just proves my point.

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
    Last edited by Jokerfiend; 2015-12-29 at 06:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I paint myself nobler?

Look dude, I've done everything but kill someone. I don't paint myself high in the slightest. How can I have the attitude of wanting someone to fall and watch the rightgeousness leave them but have a high horse? Or could it be something could be more emotionally complex. Then Nelson saying HA HA. Which what the general attitude has become. I dunno, you prove my point for me.

But look at it this way. Her love was so strong, she wanted to give him everything. She gave him everything he needed to hang himself and her.

If that's not worth pitying..

Also don't equate pity with leniency. Because pity is also regret or disappointment. Then again, that just proves my point.
    You want to pity someone? Because of Couch's joyride a man lost his wife AND child. His entire world was destroyed and this shitheel, who couldn't even manage the simple and undeserved request of staying out of trouble for a couple of years... this entire affair is the embodiment of how fucking corrupt and disgusting our judicial system really is. Jail is too good for him, but alas. An example should be made. 'Not knowing better' is a bullshit excuse and everyone on the fucking planet saw this was going to happen.

Rich boy need to go to butt pounding prison. He had his very undeserved chance and he pissed it away.

Gag me with your 'unconditional love' defense. Did it ever occur to you that sometimes, the best damn thing you can do for someone to love is let them face punishments rather than further enable their self-destruction?

Let me guess, you're the person that gives drug addicts money and weep when they OD from it because 'Oh, what have I done???'. Which, before you even try to defend, is something I've dealt with and seen go both ways in my family.

Must be nice to have that kind of apathy.

This is someone who killed people. Pretty flat-out cold blooded, too, considering he was so unwilling to even deal with the tiniest bit of punishment that he ran away to a freaking what, resort? Because hey, if your kid lives and refuses to learn a lesson and continues to hurt others, who cares, right? No one else possibly loves their family that much that they'd suffer if they died, right? His victims' families didn't suffer at all, it's just that poor sad unconditionally-loving mother.

Bugger off.

This kid will never, ever become anything. Ever. He had a chance. An undeserved one, at that, but either way - he had a chance. He had a chance to grow, to learn, to become better than he'd ever been or could have been.

And his mother helped make damn sure of that. Cheers.

He had the money to go anywhere in the world. But just because he's on the run from the cops doesn't mean he can't enjoy his little impromptu vacation, right?

Alexandrina gets it. He escaped justice. He killed four people, and never showed remorse. His only regret was not being allowed to drive or drink for ten years. He got lucky. Imagine how many poor kids or people in general would love his sentence. If Affluenza is a viable excuse, can we get one for all the poor kids or people who grew up in the bad side of town?

Look dude, I've done everything but kill someone.
    You have raped people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    You want to pity someone? Because of Couch's joyride a man lost his wife AND child. His entire world was destroyed and this shitheel, who couldn't even manage the simple and undeserved request of staying out of trouble for a couple of years... this entire affair is the embodiment of how fucking corrupt and disgusting our judicial system really is. Jail is too good for him, but alas. An example should be made. 'Not knowing better' is a bullshit excuse and everyone on the fucking planet saw this was going to happen.

Rich boy need to go to butt pounding prison. He had his very undeserved chance and he pissed it away.
    Is that my stance? Am I arguing that?

You want to talk about what I said, or do you want to just see your own text?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    Gag me with your 'unconditional love' defense. Did it ever occur to you that sometimes, the best damn thing you can do for someone to love is let them face punishments rather than further enable their self-destruction?

Let me guess, you're the person that gives drug addicts money and weep when they OD from it because 'Oh, what have I done???'. Which, before you even try to defend, is something I've dealt with and seen go both ways in my family.

Must be nice to have that kind of apathy.

This is someone who killed people. Pretty flat-out cold blooded, too, considering he was so unwilling to even deal with the tiniest bit of punishment that he ran away to a freaking what, resort? Because hey, if your kid lives and refuses to learn a lesson and continues to hurt others, who cares, right? No one else possibly loves their family that much that they'd suffer if they died, right? His victims' families didn't suffer at all, it's just that poor sad unconditionally-loving mother.

Bugger off.

This kid will never, ever become anything. Ever. He had a chance. An undeserved one, at that, but either way - he had a chance. He had a chance to grow, to learn, to become better than he'd ever been or could have been.

And his mother helped make damn sure of that. Cheers.
    Post on your main account.

Secondly, you can't read either.

What is the paragraph you spout?
    Fuck the rest.

I never said not to have condolences to the families hurt by Ethan. But go ahead and make my stance for me. Don't take what I said, give it your own meaning. That will show you!

You are arguing with yourself, you realize that? Considering you aren't arguing with what I said, but making my point for me and arguing that..

But go ahead and vilify people. You are just making my point for me. No one wants to touch what I actually said. They want to keep moving my points around. Y'all can't hang. That's extremely obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel it's a sad world when people want to vilify a mothers unconditional love, instead of taking pity on it.
    When your son did something illegal, you should be sending them to the cops, using "unconditional love" as an excuse does NOT work, you most likely won't find anyone here that would take pity on her, if anything we want to throw her in prison too for aiding a criminal.

If my son breaks serious law like raping or killing someone, or use class A drugs, I would be sending that piece of shit to the cops myself, I don't need someone like that in my house.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for my ignorance but how in the holy name of fuck did a guy who killed 4 people while drunk driving land a probation sentence?