Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    wear the appropriate clothing. just put it on and get out and get moving. you'll get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't go outside. I can do any workout inside, so why would I go out to freeze?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay inside whole winter.

Deleted
    Make sure to keep your throat warm. I used to get minor colds the whole winter before I started to wear a scarf but now I am never cold anymore, and it's not like the scarf makes me feel much warmer but its sure does something.

Don't run too far either, you don't want to walk home sweaty in the cold.

I got some warm gloves, warm footwear, and a broken headset I use as stylish earmuffs.

You guys can't be so pussy. The less you wear the more you'll get used to the cold. It was -25 celcius here a few weeks ago and I went jogging with 2 pairs of stretch pants and 2 windbreakers. You may be a bit chilly at the start but after about 5 minutes you'll feel great. The only bad thing is that you can't stop or your thighs will freeze and starting running again will be very hard. The good thing about it is that if you have a beard then after the run you'll look like a majestic viking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritual View Post
    I am struggling to keep my jogging or biking up now during the winter due to the cold, does anyone have tips on how to motivate yourself to get out there even though it's cold?
    not really, just buy the right gear.

Biking is harder, if its really bad you dont want to be out, but running is usually fine barring really strong winds.

Decent gear is the key I find. I actually prefer it when its cold to when its hot, I can do something about being cold and wet, but there are only so many layers of clothing I can remove when its hot before it becomes indecent :P

You want gear that keeps you warm to start, but wont make you hot as hell once you have been at it a while. Just enough to take the edge off the cold is usually enough, Though decent gloves are a must.

I just keep on trucking in the cold. Snow and ice can pose a bit of a problem, but the cold itself is really no big deal for me at all. I have good running tights for when it's truly bitter out, but for anything above ~20 F, I just wear shorts, long sleeves, light gloves, and a running hat, and I'm reasonably comfortable. Hands do get cold over about 10 or 12 miles, but if I know I'm going far, I just toss a pair of socks over top of my gloves.

Do an activity that works in the cold - go skiing, skating, snowboarding etc. All are good workouts.