Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Star Wars - Theory crafting (SPOILERS)

- anakin skywalker is not the true chosen one
    - snoke is darth plagueis (emperor's master)
    - rey the daughter of luke or leia
    - rey is the chosen one who will bring balance to the force
    - luke skywalker will die by the end of the saga

do u guys agree?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

This will be moved to the cinema forum. Search your feelings. You know this to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Anakin was never the chosen one. Unless " OMG sorry" at the end of episode 6 is worth all his misdeeds.

No, Plagueis is dead.

Luke abandoning his daughter ? strange plot or awful writing then.

chosen one is BS

seems very likely to leave the stage for a new generation.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Anakin was never the chosen one. Unless " OMG sorry" at the end of episode 6 is worth all his misdeeds.

No, Plagueis is dead.

chosen one is BS

Psshhh, if Anakin's descendants bring balance to the force, he's still causal to that. The prophecy is purposefully vague so you can keep going on forever about finding the one.

The sad thing is, we all know it's Neo.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Plagueis is snoke. There is no arguement otherwise.

The "Chosen One" isn't one specific persona, it's the lineage of Skywalkers. Skywalkers will always be the ones destined to defeat evil.

Rey is either lukes kid or Obi Wan's Grand daughter. they were going to train her in the ways of the force, but after kylo when all emo, and murdered the current students, they were worried that she would follow in the skywalker footsteps, so they left her on Jakku. It'd be nice to see Kenobi trains skywalker, Skywalker trains Kenobi, but figuring out how to explain how Obi Wan had a kid while he was exiled would be rough. Luke's child is mad simple, he has a kid with the lead of Rogue one. Bam. Problem solved.

Luke will die, most likely of old age. He will become a force ghost and meet up with the homies in the afterlife and have some nice drinks or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anakin was the chosen one because he brought balance. He wiped out both Sith and Jedi. Complete balance in that there's no longer opposing forces.

And with this new series, there's no telling where Disney will go with this so I don't want to even speculate.

Balance to the Force is a nebulous prophecy. Even Yoda questioned whether they had misinterpreted it.

Deleted
    My personal theory is that they will bend and shape it all whatever way the paying fans want it to go and they will earn many more billions from it.

Nothing is fixed - nothing is set in stone. The story will go wherever the profit lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    - anakin skywalker is not the true chosen one
    - snoke is darth plagueis (emperor's master)
    - rey the daughter of luke or leia
    - rey is the chosen one who will bring balance to the force
    - luke skywalker will die by the end of the saga

do u guys agree?
    More Mary sue stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post

No, Plagueis is dead.

chosen one is BS

But anakin DID bring balance to the force. At that point in time, the Jedi were all powerfull with thousands of jedi all over the place basically running things. The dark side was almost no where to be found. So Anakin changed that up a bit, rebalanced things around

I am not sure about the Plagueis thing.

I will tell you why I think Luke abandonned his daughter. She is the one who destroyed the new academy or whatever institution Luke and his student had. As a kid something happened and the other students were destroyed by Rey. Kylo is the only surviving student and has vowed to finish his grand father's work (destroy all force users except himself and his master).

The event was probably so traumatic that she forgot all about her childhood. Luke and co were not able emotionally to destroy her so they hid her on some backwater world to keep her away from everything and especially the force. I think that Han was actually watching over her, this is why he got to them so fast. I also thing that Han's plan to get her to travel with him was to keep her away still. When she says she needs to go home he's like "Ok cool you do that". He's ok with it since she will stay away.

The look Luke gives her at the end of the movie is either bad acting or a "WTF do I do now" kind of look. He is torn between sending her away, trying again to train her or downright destroy her on the spot.

The vision that she got that showed Kylo killing Jedi was just her interpretation of the vision. The force will very rarely give straight up true visions, it will give you the visions you need to keep doing what the force wants you to do.

I know this theory sounds far fetched but I could literally write pages on what brought me to that conclusion. There are many other factors.

Rey is indeed not the chosen one, Anakin was and he did bring balance to the force.

I am 80% sure Luke dies in the next movie in a duel against either Kylo or Snoke and 100% sure he dies before the end of the 3rd movie. They want these old actors out of there, they are only in these movies to link with the old ones. They want a new starwars generation and keeping around the old cast is not a good idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbrand View Post
    More Mary sue stupidity.
    What exactly is wrong with a Mary Sue. Its almost like tis something negative now?

Luke was a Gary Stu aswell?

Frodo was a Gary Stu.

Forrest Gump was one aswell?

Is it jsut because she is female? Personally i dont really care if its a male or female hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    What exactly is wrong with a Mary Sue. Its almost like tis something negative now?

Luke was a Gary Stu aswell?

Frodo was a Gary Stu.

Forrest Gump was one aswell?

Is it jsut because she is female? Personally i dont really care if its a male or female hero.
    I think the problem he has that I also had with this character is that she is basically a godess.

I understand most characters have plot armor and as such are basically imortal but for some character that plot armor is subtle, for Rey it is right in your face. She never is in any danger at all and is basically EXTREMELY good at everything she does even if it's the first time it she ever does it. Never fired a blaster before ? Misses the first shot then is a perfect marksman the rest of the movie. As an example.

I thought that she was a boring character unfortunately. Just good in everything and thats basically it. No real emotional attachment. Finn was on the other hand a much better character with flaws and much more human. He actually had a character arc, he started somewhere and ended somewhere else. Rey on the other hand just stayed right where she started. it just feels like unfortunately lazy writing to me.

Also, why do you assume that he does not like the character because she's female ? Who in their right mind would have such an opinion. Male or female does not matter when the character is lazily written.
    Last edited by Zcion999; 2016-01-01 at 03:12 PM.

it is obvious that ray is luke daughter but my question is, who is luke gf? Jedi arent allowed to get laid.

Question whatever you take for granted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    it is obvious that ray is luke daughter but my question is, who is luke gf? Jedi arent allowed to get laid.
    yeah and I'm sure Luke cares or even knows about that rule...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    I will tell you why I think Luke abandonned his daughter. She is the one who destroyed the new academy or whatever institution Luke and his student had. As a kid something happened and the other students were destroyed by Rey. Kylo is the only surviving student and has vowed to finish his grand father's work (destroy all force users except himself and his master). .
    This is too good for a story thats why it will probably not be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    yeah and I'm sure Luke cares or even knows about that rule...
    well then he doesnt care about the jedi code!

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    This is too good for a story thats why it will probably not be the case.
    Like I told my friends, the next movie will decide if the writers at disney are geniuses or just making a money grab. This first movie I think can't be judged by itself. It is very apparent that it is a part of a much greater story and this greater story will decide how good episode 7 was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    well then he doesnt care about the jedi code!
    The "jedi should not get laid" part of the Jedi code has been turned on an off by the Jedi council during the ages depending on how well the Jedi were doing. For some part of Jedi history, mating between Jedi was actually encouraged to bolster the Jedi forces.

Also at the end of episode 7, Luke is standing in front of what I believe to be a tombstone. Presumably the tombstone of Rey's mother. I don't think who she is is going to be very relevant. I think she is just an unknown plot device that will not be delved into. I think they (the writers) had Luke fall in love, have a kid and then had his wife die offscreen because they do not really care about the mother at all.

I saw a post on 4chan I believe where the guy was saying that Rey is actually Luke and Leia's incestual kid. Leia basically got pregnant before they knew they were brother and sister. Thats why she is that strong in the force. A pure Skywalker. In shame they got rid of the kid. If SW was written by JRR Martin I would totally buy that but since this is Disney I very much doubt it
    Last edited by Zcion999; 2016-01-01 at 03:56 PM.

Imo brining balance to the force means equal number of jedi and sith. It could be why obiwan gave up in his fight against vader. Could also be why yoda died after all those years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    Like I told my friends, the next movie will decide if the writers at disney are geniuses or just making a money grab. This first movie I think can't be judged by itself. It is very apparent that it is a part of a much greater story and this greater story will decide how good episode 7 was.

- - - Updated - - -

The "jedi should not get laid" part of the Jedi code has been turned on an off by the Jedi council during the ages depending on how well the Jedi were doing. For some part of Jedi history, mating between Jedi was actually encouraged to bolster the Jedi forces.

Also at the end of episode 7, Luke is standing in front of what I believe to be a tombstone. Presumably the tombstone of Rey's mother.
    oh, interesting, i didn't think of that.

I feel we are getting the exact same plot as 4,5,6 except with a female jedi. Luke could have stopped Kylo but instead hes abandoning his daughter and have her to all the work, its not like luke cant beat kylo's ass.

I posted it in the TFA thread but I'll sum up my theory:

(1) Luke is Rey's father.

(2) Snoke is not Plagueis. He is a new figure, perhaps an ancient Sith

(3) Going from comments made during production of TFA, the Force is extremely out of balance, more so now than ever because it's "back" and "awakened", but since the last time it was actively used in a big way was 50 years before TFA (the end of the Clone Wars, when there were thousands of Jedi Knights), it's more powerful at an individual level than ever. Too powerful even.

(4) Rey is the figure that will bring balance, but it is more complicated than that (see next one)

(5) In Rey's vision of the past, she was the one that killed everyone at Luke's Jedi Academy, not Kylo Ren / Ben Solo and the knights of Ren. Han was "certain point of view" lying. Rey's connection with the force is so overwhelming that she couldn't control it, and killed everybody... and maybe not even know (or remember) she did it. She was stopped (too late) by Luke Skywalker and his surviving students, who became the Knights of Ren. The split between Ben Solo and Luke was philosophical, not light side / dark side. Her memories of what she did are repressed, by the force, and is a "new person" (hence the infant being dropped off on Jakku, a metaphor... how could a 4 year old survive on Jakku?) Luke let her live out her life. However her connection to the force is strong enough that she has natural defenses and knows how to do things from her former life - like fight, like use the Force Persuasion out of the blue with no instruction, like fly the Millennium Falcon. But she is starting to remember, slowly, which is why Luke reacts the way he does when he sees her. He never thought he'd see her again and know it's bad news.

(6) Adam Driver stated that Kylo Ren believes he is right in what he is doing. I think this is not in reference to the Dark Side or Force Order politics. I think the clue is when he is talking to Vader's helmet "I'll finish what you started". He means explicitly extinguishing the Jedi, but implicitly ending wide-spread use of the Force because he think's it's too dangerous for force users to grow in number. Solo was a member of Luke's Academy. But Rey's power was beyond anyone elses. It became utterly uncontrollable and lead to a catastrophe. After the massacre, he and his friends, the survivors of it, split with Luke because they believed the Force is too powerful to be used at all, and founded the Knights of Ren. So they're going around snuffing out Force potentials and trying to keep a lid on their emergence. This is not anti-Jedi per se, but anti-Force. He reasons that more Jedis mean more Reys and more catastrophes, maybe even more Civil Wars. He's not pro-Dark Side. He uses the force on both sides as a tool to accomplish his goals. In EU parlance, he's a Gray Jedi.

(7) Luke Skywalker has been searching for the first Jedi Temple in order to find out how they harnessed and tamed the force in the first place, to allow there to be more Jedi. This is the step that was necessary in restarting the Jedi Order he didn't know to do. This is why the Knights of Ren want to stop him. Because they don't want there to be more force users in general.

(8) To be clear, the Knights of Ren is Kylo Ren's creation, and it's membership is entirely made up of the senior members / students of Luke's Academy that when Luke said he wanted to find the first Jedi temple learn how to harness the force and try again, thought the entire endevour was insane and set out to do the opposite, which is prevent the rise of a new generation of force users in general. They just believe active use of the Force is dangerous to the galaxy as a whole.

(9) The "Awakening" Snoke and the title speaks of, is in reference to the Force and to Rey. Rey might not remember who she is yet and has years of false or cloudy memories, but she is starting to break through them.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2016-01-01 at 04:03 PM.