Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kim Jong Un Promises ‘Holy War of Justice’ If Provoked

http://time.com/4165304/kim-jong-un-...lflow_facebook

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said in an annual New Year’s speech Friday that he was ready for war if provoked by “invasive” outsiders, but he stayed away from past threats involving the country’s nuclear weapons and long-range missile ambitions.

His comments stuck to well-worn propaganda meant to lift his image for the elite residents of one of the world’s poorest, most closed countries, and could be read as an attempt to keep ties with rivals Washington and Seoul from getting worse so he can try to turn around a miserable economy and further solidify his leadership.

“We will continue to work patiently to achieve peace on the Korean Peninsula and regional stability. But if invasive outsiders and provocateurs touch us even slightly, we will not be forgiving in the least and sternly answer with a merciless, holy war of justice,” said Kim, who wore thick black-rimmed glasses that continued his efforts to mimic the style favored by his late grandfather, beloved national founder Kim Il Sung.

While largely repeating the daily propaganda in state-controlled media, Kim’s words will be pored over by analysts for hints about the country’s intentions for the coming year. There is little public information about the inner workings and policy goals of North Korea’s government, which considers democratic South Korea and its ally the United States its enemies and is pursuing a long-range missile that could carry a nuclear warhead to America’s mainland.

Some observers had predicted that Kim would avoid overly provocative statements because the county wants to improve relations with South Korea and also China, its most important economic and strategic ally. Ties between North Korea and China have been cool since Kim took power in 2011, but seemed to improve when a senior Chinese official attended a high-profile military parade in Pyongyang in October.

Kim said he was open to talks with anyone truly interested in “reconciliation and peace” on the Korean Peninsula, and ready to “aggressively” work to improve ties with the South. But a far larger part of his speech on North Korea’s state TV was devoted to criticism of Seoul’s approach to inter-Korean talks and its alliance with Washington.

He vowed to improve North Korea’s struggling economy and living standards, and also called for the military to advance its technologies to develop more “diversified attack means.”

Analysts say Kim likely wants a push for tangible diplomatic and economic achievements before a convention of the ruling Workers’ Party in May, the party’s first since 1980, when he is widely expected to announce major state policies and shake up the country’s political elite to strengthen his position.

The rival Koreas have shown mixed progress in reconciliation efforts since stepping away from a military standoff in August, which started when land mine explosions that Seoul blamed on Pyongyang maimed two South Korean soldiers. The countries ended rare high-level talks last month with no breakthroughs.
    Happy New Year!

Deleted
    holy war of justice?

what is he now, a muslim terrorist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    holy war of justice?

what is he now, a muslim terrorist?
    I totally got the Crusader vibe from him.

This isn't news. North Korea foreign policy:

1. Rattle sabers.
    2. Negotiate to back off from their threats if they receive foreign aid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hardly new or news. Impotent chubtard running off at the mouth. /shrug

"fat man childs attempt at being relevant again"

pls fix the title.

and the whole world went:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    and the whole world went:
    I love Alec Baldwin in 30 rock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    "fat man childs attempt at being relevant again"

pls fix the title.
    Shit its too late to fix the title

but that title could apply to steven segal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kim Jong Un wants to unify Korea's? That has to be a bad translation.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Strange did they do that before?

I didn't know North Korea was religious. Wait, isn't he their god?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I didn't know North Korea was religious. Wait, isn't he their god?

the sun god to be precise!
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-01-01 at 06:12 PM.

http://news.donga.com/Main/3/all/20160101/75686100/1

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Strange did they do that before?
    Only in the sense of unifying the Korea's under one northern rule. Which is stretching the definition quite a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

......I don't know Korean.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So is that new or does that mean anything will happen?
    More of the same it sounds like and just about everything he has said amounted to nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes it is. At least a vast misinterpretation on what he actually said about unification.

All the links contain this (which is business as usual):

"South Korea has made a unilateral case for unification and increased mistrust and conflict between us," Kim said during a 30-minute address, broadcast on North Korean
    television."

Oh yes it is. At least a vast misinterpretation on what he actually said about unification.

All the links contain this (which is business as usual):

"South Korea has made a unilateral case for unification and increased mistrust and conflict between us," Kim said during a 30-minute address, broadcast on North Korean
    television."

Yes, all that confirms is that he wants to be able to discuss terms himself as well instead of us dictating the terms and them having no say in it
    Hence why it said "North Korean leader Kim Jong-un vowed efforts Friday to improve ties with South Korea, saying that he is open to talks with Seoul in an open-minded manner for unification." ""We will make aggressive efforts to hold talks and improve relations with South Korea," Kim said in the speech, which lasted about 30 minutes. "We are willing to have talks in an open-minded manner with anyone who wants peace and unification.""
    It's not very open-minded to not let them have input as well
    It's very unlikely something will happen from this though, I think it's mainly posturing
    Last edited by Hana Song; 2016-01-01 at 06:39 PM.