Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    So what you are saying is that Cops only care about catching people, not about safety of the public?
    By catching drunk people and taking them off the roads they ensure safety on the roads and thus safety of the public. Did that flied over your head?

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    By catching drunk people and taking them off the roads they ensure safety on the roads and thus safety of the public. Did that flied over your head?
    Umm, drunk is a very subjective term. What is drunk for you isn't for me. Secondly, if they wanted to keep drunk drivers off the streets, then why don't we have them everyday?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    His job is not to stop people who haven't broken the law. You're allowed free travel.
    Good luck getting someone who has no idea about this to understand.

Most people don't even know that SCOTUS ruled that police have no duty to protect you either.

Its hilarious.

Umm, drunk is a very subjective term. What is drunk for you isn't for me. Secondly, if they wanted to keep drunk drivers off the streets, then why don't we have them everyday?
    Unfortunately for you the law disagrees. That's why there's a blood alcohol limit in pretty much every state.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Good luck getting someone who has no idea about this to understand.

Most people don't even know that SCOTUS ruled that police have no duty to protect you either.

Its hilarious.
    Wait really? Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Umm, drunk is a very subjective term. What is drunk for you isn't for me.
    A drunk driver detected. Fuck you.

Secondly, if they wanted to keep drunk drivers off the streets, then why don't we have them everyday?
    Stints like these require a lot of organization, effort and resources. That's why they happen usually on the most likely days fuckwads do their shit.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Unfortunately for you the law disagrees. That's why there's a blood alcohol limit in pretty much every state.
    Even if, there is still the factor of; if the point is to keep motorist safe then, why don't we have them everyday?
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Deleted
    Not sure if you're being obtuse or that ignorant.

Drunk is not subjective. We have this thing called per mill and breathalyser to know that drunk drivers, even when they know they can handle it, CANT handle it and thus represent danger when they're behind the wheel.

Why we dont have them everyday? Because that is simply unrealistic. There are periods of time where drunk drivers are more likely to be present on the road. New Year's Eve is one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    my own personal experiences usually are:

Hello Sir, have you been drinking tonight? No? OK Have a good night!
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

My own personal experience was; slow down...police motions me past...and he says "you're ok, keep going."

Local police kinda know me. (in an ok way)

10+ Year Old Account
    His job is not to stop people who haven't broken the law. You're allowed free travel.
    Right. And when you get to a spot with some police and instantly turn around and run away, you look suspicious which makes the police want to talk with you.
    So whats your argument? Police should be telepathic and know the intentions of people who actively try to avoid them, or should they never pursue people who do so?
    Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    A drunk driver detected. Fuck you.

Stints like these require a lot of organization, effort and resources. That's why they happen usually on the most likely days fuckwads do their shit.
    Hehe. Someone is mad. Secondly, I don't drive while intoxicated. At all. If my post history doesn't reflect that, then I would like you to prove it.

Also, organization isn't an excuse. If anyone really cared about drunk driving why aren't all cars equipped with a breathalyzer?

In 2012, more than 10,000 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes - one every 51 minutes.
    So? I guess the lives outside of holidays don't matter? Or could it be that police capitalize on human behaviors?

There are a lot more ways to prevent drunk driving. Police checks points pull over people without a reason to do so. It's unconstitutional.

This is silly from top to bottom.

It's very common to have police checkpoints on holidays, in particular high festivities ones like NYE, there are a lot of drunk drivers out there. It serves as a deterrent. Just deal with it and move on. Most people go through them in less then a minute.

Personally i feel safer driving knowing these checkpoints happen, and a lot of drunk drivers get caught on them (or trying to avoid them). The amount of accidents related to DUIs on holidays is absolutely insane, yet people complain and whine about safety checkpoints? Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    This is silly from top to bottom.

It's very common to have police checkpoints on holidays, in particular high festivities ones like NYE, there are a lot of drunk drivers out there. Just deal with it and move on.

Personally i feel safer driving knowing these checkpoints happen, and a lot of drunk drivers get caught on them (or trying to avoid them). The amount of accidents related to DUIs on holidays is absolutely insane, yet people complain and whine about safety checkpoints? Got it.
    Common doesn't make it right.

Deleted
    So? I guess the lives outside of holidays don't matter? Or could it be that police capitalize on human behaviors?
    You guessed wrong. Stop looking for evil where there isnt. I assure you world will seem much more hospitable if you do.

There are a lot more ways to prevent drunk driving. Police checks points pull over people without a reason to do so. It's unconstitutional.
    Name them.

- - - Updated - - -

Common doesn't make it right.
    Yes it does make it right. Face it, people get piss drunk and sit behind the wheels during holidays. Police does what it does to prevent lost of life, even yours.

You guessed wrong. Stop looking for evil where there isnt. I assure you world will seem much more hospitable if you do.

Name them.
    In a split ruling, the federal court overruled the Michigan Court’s decision and determined that DUI checkpoints were, indeed, legal under federal law. Despite finding that roadblocks did meet the Fourth Amendment’s definition of an unreasonable seizure, the court found that, due to the threat a drunk driver imposes on other motorists, they were a necessary means of protection.
    Something something Thomas Jefferson said, something something.

I already listed a way to keep motorist from operating drunk. But you have reading problems.

Something something Thomas Jefferson said, something something.

I already listed a way to keep motorist from operating drunk. But you have reading problems.
    how is a breathalyzer in a car going to stop drunk driving
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Yes it does make it right. Face it, people get piss drunk and sit behind the wheels during holidays. Police does what it does to prevent lost of life, even yours.
    No way, shape or form, did I say drunk driving isn't more common on the holidays. I'm not debating that. I'm debating the constitutional right for them to do so.

Police aren't there to protect anyone. They are there to capitalize on human behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    how is a breathalyzer in a car going to stop drunk driving
    Umm, are you being dense or obtuse?

http://guardianinterlock.com/blog/expect-install-car-breathalyzer/

If we honestly cared. Then these would be in every vehicle in the US, I would gladly pay more in taxes and for my car if everyone had one.

Please don't drink and drive, enough innocent people have died from drivers that thought they could "handle their liquor/beer."

Be a mature adult. If you want to party use a cab/taxi or designated driver, stop being so cheap- people's lives are at risk. Enough innocent people have died from drunk drivers that thought they were ok to drive.... but weren't...

I party too, I just do it in a way so that no innocent people have to suffer for my partying ways.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Please don't drink and drive, enough innocent people have died from drivers that thought they could "handle their liquor/beer."

Be a mature adult. If you want to party use a cab/taxi or designated driver, stop being so cheap- people's lives are at risk. Enough innocent people have died from drunk drivers that thought they were ok to drive.... but weren't...
    I don't drink and drive, as explicitly stated.

Oddly enough, people can think DUI check points are bullshit and unconstitutional while following the law. Or is that too complicated for some of you?