Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Am I a bad person for not wanting to date obese people?

According to a lot of people I know in meatspace, I'm wrong for not wanting to date obese people and that I should look past their weight and "give them a chance." First of all, I don't think anyone is obligated to date or be in a relationship with someone. And secondly, attraction is a significant aspect of romantic relationships and I'm just not attracted to fat people. I can't help that.

What do you think? And don't you find it odd that so many people get delusional over any weight related issues?

No, physical attraction is a thing and anyone who says otherwise is a moron.

Deleted
    If you're not attracted to someone you're not attracted to them. So long as you're not a douchebag to them because they're fat.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're attracted to who you are attracted to.

You have a preference, the same way some people only date blondes. Nothing wrong with that. At the same time, it could change with the right person.

If you're not attracted to them, you're not attracted. People will call you shallow, or whatever, but quite frankly I find it just as shallow to assume people are owed a date despite the person not being attracted to them.

Deleted
    Yes you are a bad person, and you should feel bad about it, and admit you badness to the divine and be judged for your bad nature...

Deleted
    No, that makes you realistic.

It's your choice not theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    If you're not attracted to someone you're not attracted to them. So long as you're not a douchebag to them because they're fat.
    Pretty much.

The whole idea of "giving them a chance" is stupid.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I try to be polite about it, but they go off on me anyway. And in almost every case, it's the obese person who brings it up with: "It's because I'm fat, right?".

Then *I* get made out to be the jerk and get shamed for being "shallow."

I'm not like an athlete or supper ripped or anything. I'm just a normal person at a healthy weight who is also somewhat fit. I like going hiking, camping, biking, etc. and those are interests I'd like to share with my partner since I don't plan on giving them up. I also think that if you love someone you should try and keep healthy for them as well as for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VeriusNox View Post
    If you're not attracted to them, you're not attracted. People will call you shallow, or whatever, but quite frankly I find it just as shallow to assume people are owed a date despite the person not being attracted to them.
    If people call you shallow for not wanting to date something you're not attracted to, then call them shallow in return, if they don't want to date jihadis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The obvious answer has already been stated multiple times. Hardly anyone, even IRL disputes that. My guess is that the OP is just a dick and his/her friends just called him/her out for that. Now comes the usual search for confirmation on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I a bad person for not wanting to date obese people? NO

But if you make it a point to tell everybody, who didn't even ask then yes.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. It's called a preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    According to a lot of people I know in meatspace, I'm wrong for not wanting to date obese people and that I should look past their weight and "give them a chance." First of all, I don't think anyone is obligated to date or be in a relationship with someone. And secondly, attraction is a significant aspect of romantic relationships and I'm just not attracted to fat people. I can't help that.

What do you think? And don't you find it odd that so many people get delusional over any weight related issues?
    No, that's not wrong.

However, and this is mean, friends don't really ask a 7 to date a 3.

If your friends are telling you to give someone a chance because they are really nice and have a lot of similar interests as you then maybe you should give them a shot since your own personal aims for attraction may be too high.

That said you can totally raise your number without getting skinny or fit!

Bad news, it involves getting a career where you make a lot of money, become really funny, or be an artist.

Always remember, the guitar has gotten more people laid than any instrument out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're a horrible terrible person for making this thread. But not for the reasons you posted about.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post

No. It is just gross. They need love too though.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

These threads are pointless....

Yes, you're a filthy bigot and you should be sent to a re-education camp. #fatrevolution #2016tooheavy4hate #currentyear #EndBIGotry

Not really though.
    Working on my next ban.