Thread: SWTOR & WoW

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    well recently i started swtor after a long time playing wow (since late 07) i must say leveling is damm fun in this game class quests are great and entertaining.
    I would really recommend as it has a lot of RPG factors you can be the most evil sith or the light side sith or jedi which all adds to the fun
    Retired

10+ Year Old Account
    One big problem with Swtors 'smoothness' as you say, comes from the Hero Engine. Personally though, I love combat in swtor arguably moreso than WoWs these days. The impact every ability makes when you use it. It almost feels like using a controller with vibrations on only with a keyboard instead. When I charge at someone on my sith warrior it feels like I'm really slamming into them. In WoW you just sort of run really fast towards someone as a warrior. I get it, older game, different idea, yada yada. There is something about WoW that does and always has and always will work for me though. It definitely is "smoothness." It's all just the little things too, hard to explain but I think you see it OP.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    One big problem with Swtors 'smoothness' as you say, comes from the Hero Engine. Personally though, I love combat in swtor arguably moreso than WoWs these days. The impact every ability makes when you use it. It almost feels like using a controller with vibrations on only with a keyboard instead. When I charge at someone on my sith warrior it feels like I'm really slamming into them. In WoW you just sort of run really fast towards someone as a warrior. I get it, older game, different idea, yada yada. There is something about WoW that does and always has and always will work for me though. It definitely is "smoothness." It's all just the little things too, hard to explain but I think you see it OP.
    TBH going to elemental shaman from balance sage is pretty jarring. And sad. My poor shaman feels so slow and clunky. You don't see it on melee, but casters are so much more mobile in SWTOR.

No class in WoW comes close to matching my favorite SWTOR class for combat/play style. I also feel much more attached to my SWTOR character due to the storyline despite only playing her for four years versus my ten with WoW. My attachment in WoW is mostly to other people, many of whom don't even play anymore. I also really enjoy a lot of the companions in SWTOR, they add a lot versus being just random NPCs like your garrison followers. At least the vanilla storyline ones, the KotFE minions are kinda generic. (The Alliance ones, not the main story ones.)

I'm currently not playing WoW due to lack of content, but just finished maxing my Alliance reps and working on getting all 8 alts through the KotFE storyline. I figure the new chapter will be out by the time I finish with that.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge