Page 1 of 49
... LastLast

Canada to spend 61$ per day on meals for refugees.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...llion-by-march

According to the government solicitation notice, the hotels that would provide immediate accommodation must be within 10 kilometres of the airports in Toronto and Montreal. Bidders must be willing to set aside at least 50 rooms per night from Dec. 21 to Feb. 29. Each room will be expected to house up to four people, including children.

Hotels will also be expected to provide up to three meals a day.

“Note that it would be beneficial to Canada, for the contractor to have halal meal options available for refugees,” according to the document.

It states the government will reimburse up to $15 per person for breakfast, $16 for lunch and $30 for dinner.

Hotels must ensure that access to mini-bars, movie rentals, long-distance calls and other pay services are disabled.

The government is also asking suppliers set aside rooms for two government representatives who will be onsite 24 hours a day, seven days a week for the duration of the bookings.

With files from The Canadian Press
    61$ a day for food alone...

Just cuck my shit up. Is this what it feels like to be Sweden? A growing disdain for everything your government does?

Seems like a good deal for the hotels anyway...

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catnipz View Post
    Just cuck my shit up. Is this what it feels like to be Sweden? A growing disdain for everything your government does?
    Yes. Welcome to our world. Basically they are treated better then senior citizens or people on welfare. Somehow they still manage to complain about it tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...llion-by-march

61$ a day for food alone...

I think the worst with this is that us, the regular canadians, don't even have that much support from the government.

Also, halal meat is ethically wrong, cruel and barbarian.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted

Rofl, yes. Just today I read about an elderly woman who was getting like 46 sek meal for her dinner, it consisted of a few bits of sausages and not long enough boiled potatoes. Fun times. Refugees get luxury meals compared to the elderly.

If you take away their homes and leave them to starve, wouldn't you be just like ISIL?

Quote Originally Posted by Blomster View Post
    Rofl, yes. Just today I read about an elderly woman who was getting like 46 sek meal for her dinner, it consisted of a few bits of sausages and not long enough boiled potatoes. Fun times. Refugees get luxury meals compared to the elderly.
    It's not even that this is 22k a bloody year on food alone! How does a refugee have a living standard of what... 40-50k when you factor in shelter without working?

I don't understand. Who the hell could possibly think this is a good idea?

And the free weekly visits from government sex workers.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well GG Canada. Have fun with your increased cost of living because of your overly pussified Government.

$61 a DAY for just food. Most people live on that per WEEK.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    If you take away their homes and leave them to starve, wouldn't you be just like ISIL?
    To start with, not accepting refugees is very morally different than displacing them in the first place.

Also worth a mention is that there might just be something in between purchasing expensive goods and purchasing nothing for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Well GG Canada. Have fun with your increased cost of living because of your overly pussified Government.

$61 a DAY for just food. Most people live on that per WEEK.
    I spend about 160-170$ per month on food...

Canada yes!

And don't dare suggest a nation should look after its own first and foremost, that's pretty racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bidders must be willing to set aside at least 50 rooms per night from Dec. 21 to Feb. 29.
    It's a temporary deal. They are asking for hotels to lend assistance for two months. Yeah, it's a lot of money, but that money will ultimately go back to the government through taxes. In addition, those refuges will eventually pay taxes too, and the government will have a net gain. It is short term spending for long term gain.
    A simple change that can improve the female worgen:
    http://tinypic.com/r/1zq7p0g/7

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshata View Post
    It's a temporary deal. They are asking for hotels to lend assistance for two months. Yeah, it's a lot of money, but that money will ultimately go back to the government through taxes. In addition, those refuges will eventually pay taxes too, and the government will have a net gain. It is short term spending for long term gain.
    Lmfao, not sure if serial.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-01-04 at 03:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Canada yes!

And don't dare suggest a nation should look after its own first and foremost, that's pretty racist.

It's only racist if race has something to do with it, this would be a matter of citizenship, not race... A country should look after it's own people before another's.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I've been assured by many "Canada is Great! We take refugees!" threads recently that you guys are wrong.

Canada is awesome. Especially more awesome than the USA.

I was expecting Tennisace to be in here correcting you on how you just don't understand, but it appears the user is banned at the moment.

What kind of long term game?

Is every single one of them going to became a doctor or something? I honestly want to know your reasoning from where I am standing it sounds utterly insane or hopelessly naive.

Yeah, it's a lot of money, but that money will ultimately go back to the government through taxes.
    This is magical thinking.
    In addition, those refuges will eventually pay taxes too, and the government will have a net gain.
    Nonsense. The children of refugees may eventually be a net gain, but there's not any good evidence that refugees themselves are a good monetary investment for governments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have fun waiting for the return on this investment

It's not a gain no matter how many times people repeat it. Champion it on the grounds that you think it's morally right and worth the cost, stop this nonsense about it being a boost to the economy, it is not.

Deleted
    $61 per day for all of them seems like a great deal tbh.

$61 CAD = about £30, I can live two weeks off that and still have food over.