Grinding rating in RBG

Hello everyone who is experienced in RBGs!! I have a few questions about the state of Rated Batthegrounds right now so I thought I would ask them here on this forum because I know that a lot of experienced players read and post here... I have been playing in RBGs some time ago and managed to get to high ratings, but I had to stop due to some reasons. Now, I recently thought about coming back, but I heard a lot about the "unhealty" state of RBGs currently and how ratings are messed up these days. My questions are simple :
    • Is it still possible to PUG RBGs up to a decent rating? (I'd like 2k but I'd start with 1.8k ... anything under doesn't really interest me)
    • How is the RBG community on group finder on the Alliance side? Is 1.8k puggable on Alliance?
    • How is the RBG community on group finder on the Horde side? Is 1.8k puggable on Horde?

I also heard that it is almost impossible to get to high rating on Horde...!? What about it?

So I guess that's it; I just wanna know about what's currently happening in the RBG community in general. Any thoughts? Any tips for me before I jump right back into Rated Battlegrounds PvP?

Thanks for reading and for your advices!

Welcome back to pvp mate, ill try to answer your questions:
    1) Yes it is possible to pug to 2k CR in RBGs, all you need is to find several good players add them to your friend list and use them for your Pugs, also just make sure you get people for your pug grp who are at least 2.2k+ xp
    2) Alliance has 99.9% of all top PvPers on US servers, hence you can hit 2k if you spend time and your patients (dealing with clowns) pretty easy
    3)Horde is pretty dead, i do not see any Horde teams above 1.8kcr, i am sure there are few good teams but they are very rare and Id guess they are guildies or old pvp mates.
    4) It is hard to get high rating on Horde side because 99.9% of all good pvpers left to Alliance, and the good pvpers (2.4k-Glad xp) that left on Horde side only pvp with people they know aka other 2.4k-Glad xp players, hence if you are not one of them it will be hard for you to form a good grp.
    5) Shadows/UA/Boomies/DKs id say top RBG DPS wise, Enh shammies are also very good due to their good aoe dmg and sick burst. Rogues are still best FC classes.
    Also a lot of people use BOTs (for UA to spread dots) or DDOSing is very big atm, but it can be avoided if you use Curse over Skype.
    Best of luck mate.

Well yes it is kind of obvious that you MUST have voice, you can hit without voice 1.8kcr but it is very hard and every1 has to be like 2.4k xp.
    Also I agree about Arena XP > RBG Xp, since if you plaid end of Cata, i seen RBG heroes with 2x Heroic PVE trinkets + Legendary FL staff at 2.7k cr RBGs but they could not break 1.6k cr in 3s with like 120 games plaid.
    To me pugging means playing with people that are none-guildies, aka try find good players, if they are good, add them to your Real-ID then invite them and look for more good players eventually you will have 6-7 good players online and you can fill out missing 2-3 spots with 2.2k+ xp players or 2.4kxp (depends on your own xp level).
    And yes, do not join RBG grps that say "Yolo 3x wins, know your class" those are pretty much all fail, try to join grps that ask for 2-2.2k xp + have curse.

I don't feel like anything is puggable right now honestly. Everyone has these silly requirements to even get into a group, "1600CR 2.4KXP link achieve or no invite" is a very common thing. Like people don't understand that it has been impossible to get 2.4k in RBG for a few seasons now. I have also played with 2.4k arena players and they suck balls at RBG. It is just a different playstyle and requires different strategies.

The biggest problem with RBG at the moment though? Cheating. Rampant Cheating. Once you go above say like 1600 now it is all DDOS, fly hack, rotation bots, kick bots, dodging, etc. Ratings are severely deflated because of lack of players and players are not playing because of all the cheating.

Just stay away from RBG for anything serious. The players that you used to be able to beat up in the 1500 and below brackets with a PUG go to ashran for conquest now instead of losing RBGs. The only players left are the cheaters who want epeen status and a few good teams with good players who still resort to cheating (bots mostly) because they think they need to in order to stay competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    The only players left are the cheaters who want epeen status and a few good teams with good players who still resort to cheating (bots mostly) because they think they need to in order to stay competitive.
    Tour de france syndrome

Yes and No Tyrean, right now forming decent RBG group is a headache, too many ragers/clowns and people do cheat as low as 1.7kcr on my experience this season, thats why i just do RBGs for my 3 wins. Yet it is possible to beat those rotation bot teams (kinda hard to beat DDOS team but i won 1-2 games this season as 9v10 but other team was very very bad) given you play with decent players. Yeh it is kinda silly to ask for 2.4k RBG xp since in MOP 2nd season for example the Hero of the Horde/Alliance was like 2150? so ya 2.4k xp in RBG came from Cata times mostly with huge inflation and a bug when you lost 0 points when losing. However, most of those people just ask 2.4k xp in Arena or RBGs, even though good groups can be made with 2.2k xp players. Yet I do believe you can pug 2k, just need find good people to do RBGs with and que dodge all those R1 teams. My alt Enhance whom i only plaid 1st month of this season, got invited by my friend to his high exp group, and our group's CR went from 1750 to 1820 in several games pretty easy (but we did face 2 teams using BOT rotation for UA locks), so ya just need good team /w good players who dont give up or leave in the beginning of the game

Lots of times I have been in games where we were at like 1900 CR and we queue into a 2100 CR team. People don't even try out of the gate. I had one game where we actually had 2 ppl afk out and we still almost won because the 2100 CR team was just plain bad. RBG has been sad for two expansions now and there is nothing that will save it because it requires cheating to stop and more people to play. Both things are not in the current realm of possibility for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Lots of times I have been in games where we were at like 1900 CR and we queue into a 2100 CR team. People don't even try out of the gate. I had one game where we actually had 2 ppl afk out and we still almost won because the 2100 CR team was just plain bad. RBG has been sad for two expansions now and there is nothing that will save it because it requires cheating to stop and more people to play. Both things are not in the current realm of possibility for Blizzard.
    Yes exactly this, too many people just give up when they see high CR team, thats why you have to make sure you form your team with people who will fight till the end (hence high xp helps, since people with high end pvp xp, don't have that mentality: oh shit high cr team, we lost. They think "sweet if we beat them, we get some fat points"

Thanks to you all for your tips and feedbacks. So as I see, it looks like it is pretty hard to reach 1.8k or 2k only by pugging nowadays!? And even more hard if you play horde... Should I only consider playing alliance? That's a bit sad for a person who likes horde better. And would any of you know some places where some serious people recruit others toplay RBGs together outside of the game? Like if I wanna look for a team but don't really know where to start from in-game?

Thanks again!! ^^

It's not as easy as it has been in the past with rating inflation, but you should be able to pug your way to 1.8k with a mic and lots of time and patience.

Also what I have found is that I tend to win more pugging if I meter whore like I am doing progression. At least on healers and dps. It's what I am good at and it actually does contribute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of good replies in here from different people with different experiences. Nice.

I only got one thing to add, try to join a pvp guild. It's in my opinion the best way to meet similar minded people to play with. Back when I did RBGs this was the way I did them, with my guild, and was able to at least semi-pug to quite high rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

You might find someone searching for fresh blood on the official PvP forum, or your server's forum, if your server is big and has a PvP population, ofc!

I haven't really played much PvP as alliance, I did RBGs as horde in MoP (got to 2k rating) and now some in WoD, but that's a sad story, but I'm convinced you have more options if you're alliance, due to a bigger pool of players.

I agree with Wass that trying to find a PvP guild is a good option. I've had bad experiences with pugs, because they all expect to win the first game, which is next to impossible, as we're not synchronised. The higher the xp/cr, the higher the rage. The problem, however, with PvP guilds, is that you get varying quality on the players, and the guilds tend to die. I was with 3 different guilds throughout MoP for instance, when I back in my PvE days stayed in the same guild for 2 expansions. People are eager to PvP early on, but the interest vanish after some time.

My problem in WoD has been to find pug groups with the LFG tool, as they want 2,2k or 2,4k rating, which I don't have. And that's only when I feel like playing with randoms

The other thing to remember is class/spec favoritism. You can be Sosseri (someone who is god with demo lock in arena) but they want affli, and nothing but affli, for instance. In MoP enh shamans were undesired, now they're everywhere. Rogues would guard bases, or try to cap, now they carry the flag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    You can be Sosseri (someone who is god with demo lock in arena) but they want affli, and nothing but affli, for instance. In MoP enh shamans were undesired, now they're everywhere. Rogues would guard bases, or try to cap, now they carry the flag.
    That got out of hand. I expect a nerf. Nearly every group automatically invites them.

It's pretty terrible this xpac if you want to get get good rating. Have gotten to 1650 from pugs but once you get to 1700-1800 (will need better teammates, set comps, call plays and use chat) you'll start running into 2k+ due to the lack of higher rated teams on US servers. Lots of botting, hacking, scripts etc up there too, despite the bans that went out they're already back on new accounts