Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I honestly would be very surprised if you get a third season. The Manga ended a few months ago and not a lot happens after season 2. The end battle was was very quick and the close out was even quicker. It was kinda like bam war is over, here's what happened to this character in 30 words or less, here is this one, here is main guy and that's the end.
    Do they ever explain what the deal is with the weird alien space goo that's invulnerable to everything (except itself) and apparently is motivated purely by a desire to kill everyone who develops this specific technology?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Do they ever explain what the deal is with the weird alien space goo that's invulnerable to everything (except itself) and apparently is motivated purely by a desire to kill everyone who develops this specific technology?
    I believe it's in the Manga. I think Knights of Sidonia picks up like halfway through the Manga or something like that. In the anime, they drop hints and flashbacks and such of what happened. Apparently the mass pretty much absorbed all of earth and a portion of humanity managed to escape via huge ships like Sidonia, but most (or all except Sidonia) of them have been fused/destroyed by that alien mass over the last 1000 years or so IIRC.

The mass doesn't really see it as "attacking" they want to "understand" life by fusing and combining with them. It's their form of communication. Which is what happened to his girl friend and caused her to turn into that human/alien hybrid monster thing.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-01-11 at 10:07 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Just started watching this yesterday because of your comment (in ep 3 now) and it's a lot better than I was expecting. It's definitely one of what I'd like to call "junk food" anime because it has no actual sustenance. It's mostly just about the ecchi, but it's still pretty tasty junk food that I will enjoy watching. The premise is relatively unique, I've seen cat girls and whatnot before but never full blown centaur, medusas and harpy girls running around seducing the male protagonist. And from the OP, it looks like I'll be seeing a blob girl and a spider girl that's into bondage? some time soon.
    I actually liked the premise of the show, with monster girls and the main character being a snake chick (Miia I believe her name is). My biggest gripe is the inclusion of too many other characters and it really detracts from Miia. Too much juggling around with each character's screen time. But I guess that's more normal for ecchi show, IDK.

My favorite are Punch Line and Haikyuu!! But actually in January a new cool anime came out - Norn9: Norn+Nonette..Check it out

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    I mean they try and develop another chimera that is essentially a giant gun that damn near kills them twice. But, no they never really delve into how the placenta part works. I mean you can read the manga it is fully translated.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe it's in the Manga. I think Knights of Sidonia picks up like halfway through the Manga or something like that. In the anime, they drop hints and flashbacks and such of what happened. Apparently the mass pretty much absorbed all of earth and a portion of humanity managed to escape via huge ships like Sidonia, but most (or all except Sidonia) of them have been fused/destroyed by that alien mass over the last 1000 years or so IIRC.

The mass doesn't really see it as "attacking" they want to "understand" life by fusing and combining with them. It's their form of communication. Which is what happened to his girl friend and caused her to turn into that human/alien hybrid monster thing.
    the manga is pretty close to the anime they do show more history in a flashback chapter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I actually liked the premise of the show, with monster girls and the main character being a snake chick (Miia I believe her name is). My biggest gripe is the inclusion of too many other characters and it really detracts from Miia. Too much juggling around with each character's screen time. But I guess that's more normal for ecchi show, IDK.
    I finished it up a week ago and I enjoyed it a lot. Usually not a fan of those "instant girlfriend/harem" anime, but this one was unique and entertaining enough to keep me happy. You are right about there being too many monster girls. I would have been fine with the harem that's staying in his house (snake girl, harpy, centaur, mermaid, spider girl were all great, I don't mind them sharing time as they all have fun and different personalities) but then they added even more girls in the defense force (giant, undead, mimic, cyclops) plus those dragon girls and then that headless girl at the end.

Still I enjoyed the anime over all and will be hoping for a S2.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Deleted
    I watched so many I can't recall them all, I am watching Norogami atm...very generic shounen anime but I'm enjoying the main characters...it doesn't happen often that the girl who adds nothing to the group aside from feels doesn't piss me off. Still have to watch 1 more episode tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Loving Knights of Sidonia, it pretty much takes everything awesome from Macross Frontier and leaves all the boring shit out. Please tell me it isn't ending. D:

Also you are right about it not being hostile perse...it simply doesn't know it's doing something wrong and I'm sure if not in the anime they will find a way to communicate with it in the manga.

overlord and god eater has alot of negative feedback but imo they werent bad. they werent up there with the best but i wouldnt give it so much hate. guess its just a difference in opinion. im also not too picky when it comes to liking a show.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    Death Parade

K S2

just to name a few on the top of my head.
    Wait K S2?!? Like that one with the kings shizzle where in the the Blue and Red king fought at the end and the red was killed?!? You don't talk about the movie, right?

On topic - My 2015 "bis" list

1 Death parade
    2 Gangsta
    3 Seraph of the end (watched both seasons in the winder of 2015)
    4 Noragami (watched both seasons in the winder of 2015)
    4 Gate
    5 World triger (idk if count)
    6 Devil is part timer ( i didn't watched it yet but its on my pc and a lot of friends recommend it so i bet it will be here)

Couple of movies, nothign specific, except K: Missing Kings. I loved the the 12 episodes and this movie/OVA filled many empty spots

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Wait K S2?!? Like that one with the kings shizzle where in the the Blue and Red king fought at the end and the red was killed?!? You don't talk about the movie, right?
    K: Return of Kings (S2) aired during the fall. It takes place right after the movie.

here's a good site to keep track on airing anime and previous seasons. http://anichart.net/
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2016-01-19 at 02:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    I watched so many I can't recall them all, I am watching Norogami atm...very generic shounen anime but I'm enjoying the main characters...it doesn't happen often that the girl who adds nothing to the group aside from feels doesn't piss me off. Still have to watch 1 more episode tomorrow.
    WAAAAAAT? That's crazy talk!

The girl in Noragami does TONS! She is actually vital to the story, she saved him (and his shiki) like 3-4 times already and is pretty damn helpful. I was impressed by how vital she was to the story. Usually the female side character/love interest doesn't really do jack shit to move or add to the plot, and she does tons. In fact, there wouldn't really be Noragami without her.

She is a strong independent Asian woman with a mean suplex who don't need no man!
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-01-20 at 12:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just started watching Working!!, I'm 2 episodes in and it's pretty fun so far.

Question, will it remain an episodic anime (ie no main story to hold the series down, but instead short stories that change from episode to episode ala Simpsons/Futurama/South Park/etc), or will it have a main plot that stretches through out the rest of the series at some point?

I'm not really of fan of episodic stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just started watching Working!!, I'm 2 episodes in and it's pretty fun so far.

Question, will it remain an episodic anime (ie no main story to hold the series down, but instead short stories that change from episode to episode ala Simpsons/Futurama/South Park/etc), or will it have a main plot that stretches through out the rest of the series at some point?

I'm not really of fan of episodic stories.
    Mhh It's largely episodic, however it does indeed got a story or well more like character progression throughout the story that does tie it together in the end.

btw visit us in the Anime Thigh Thread for just random questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Mhh It's largely episodic, however it does indeed got a story or well more like character progression throughout the story that does tie it together in the end.

btw visit us in the Anime Thigh Thread for just random questions.
    Cool cool.