Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

What is your biggest time-sink?

Used to be WoW...now its Path of Exile. I would say the forum here but you can only sink so much time when you are are banned 95% of the time here.

Probably go back to WoW again when Legion releases.

Deleted
    yay Jayburner is back

My bed.

/10char.

Question whatever you take for granted.

If we *just * count games and not work / social life / family

Binding of Isaac Afterbirth and Xcom: enemy unknown

Deleted
    Dicking around on the internet not doing anything productive.

And for the record, I count playing video games and watching anime as being productive

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Used to be WoW...now its Path of Exile. I would say the forum here but you can only sink so much time when you are are banned 95% of the time here.

Probably go back to WoW again when Legion releases.
    At the moment? Divinity: Original Sin. Buddy and me are playing it, we thought it'd be a quick RPG snack grabbed from the steam sale. 80 hours later and we've just entered the last zone...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    At the moment? Divinity: Original Sin. Buddy and me are playing it, we thought it'd be a quick RPG snack grabbed from the steam sale. 80 hours later and we've just entered the last zone...
    yeah I installed it and realized almost immediately this is gonna be a long ass game

My biggest time sink is real life. Work all day at my real job then work most of the evening at my comic shop. Sucks.

Technically I'd just say the Internet in and of itself, with special emphasis on YouTube.

Inside WoW my biggest time sink in the game is probably transportation time. Just getting to the Tanaan dailies takes about 3x longer than checking my garrison missions.

Deleted
    the internet, to be precise youtube and mmo-c

Deleted
    Sleep - 8 hours
    Work - 9 hours
    Travel to and from work - 2 hours.
    Hours free to do what I want - 5

going to go with Sleep and work commitments being my main time sinks.

A long time ago it used to be WoW. Now it's mostly just the current high class RPG I haven't yet played and Modded Minecraft in between. Otherwise it's mostly this board and youtube tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Sleep - 8 hours
    Work - 9 hours
    Travel to and from work - 2 hours.
    Hours free to do what I want - 5

going to go with Sleep and work commitments being my main time sinks.
    Precisely this.

At least 2-4 hours of my free time is study now. There are times when I want to do more 'fun' things but it's just one thing I gotta do to get out of my shit-hole job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I would say work but I spend far more time reading manga/light novels and watching anime than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The biggest time sink is shit you don't enjoy IMHO

So..if you hate your job, got married and family life just stinks...then that is your time sink. A hobby is escape time. I don't regret a minute in WoW or Diablo...or in most of the games that I played in the last 20 years.

Wasted time / time sink? Bored visiting the in-laws. Travelling by train or car...stuck in traffic...
    I never said wasted time in my thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    yeah I installed it and realized almost immediately this is gonna be a long ass game
    It was one heck of a surprise. It doesn't help that we play it on Tactician difficulty. We thought "three zones, it can't be that long, we'll probably play it for a night and that's it..."

Yeah... that one totally blindsided us. And we're having one hell of a lot of fun.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

my son.....

lifting weights, different forums, and football (american football) but sadly thats ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    WB Jay

OT: WoW for sure game wise. I've probably spent literally 1 year in game since I started..

Insane for a video game (8 years actual time)

Watching youtube videos. I find that I spend more time on youtube than actually playing games at the moment